08-24-09, 07:08 PM   #1
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbonite and minimap button frame

I use MBF or I did. Now I either have the long list of buttons on my screen or i don't. Is there a quick button for easier access I just don't know how to access? I'm not adverse to using a /command. I just don't want to see my buttons until I want to see them.

Oh and thanks for answering my other question.

08-28-09, 03:43 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can shift left the Carbonite minimap button to toggle minimize (hide) on the button list, but that still shows one button (Carbonite's).

09-01-09, 07:48 PM   #3
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thank you that will work perfect for me. 1 button is alot easier for me to manage.

09-01-09, 09:18 PM   #4
DaBigNob
A Defias Bandit
Take a look at the addon called "SexyMap". It has an amazing feature that allows you to specify the behavior of each and every individual minimap button. You can turn them all on or all off, or have them only display when the mouse is over the map. And you can do this for each button individually.

I really like this addon a lot and it's primarily for the way it cleans up the button clutter.

09-01-09, 09:33 PM   #5
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Is there a method to REMOVE the minimap button and locate it elsewhere? I don't like buttons attached to my minimap due to the location and clutter.

Or is there perhaps a Carbonite Broker which might give the same functionality?

09-02-09, 12:44 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

You mean like the Carbonite minimap button window?

09-03-09, 12:51 PM   #7
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
You mean like the Carbonite minimap button window?
Yes.. I can move it around the minimap.. but I want to move it OFF the minimap. I already use another mod to put all the minimap buttons into a 'bin' of sorts.. but while that's nice.. I want Carbonites available to click on always, rather than having to Open the bin, then click on it each time.. my bins got LOTS of minimap buttons in it.

Basically a freefloating button. I tried using MoveAnything, and while it works sometimes.. for some reason Carbonite keeps resetting the position back to the minimap upon login...

I was hoping there's a checkbox or something i'm missing that lets me 'detach button from minimap', or a 3rd party broker that will duplicate functionality. Oh well.

09-03-09, 01:00 PM   #8
Jigain
A Molten Giant

To be perfectly honest, I don't really see the difference between the functions you're describing and Carbonite's minimap button window.

09-03-09, 01:13 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Meraxes View Post
I already use another mod to put all the minimap buttons into a 'bin' of sorts.. but while that's nice.. I want Carbonites available to click on always
That is exactly what Carbonite's minimap button window does. It is not attached to anything. When it is enabled, you can move the mouse over the Carb button and see a small gray window under the button. Left click and drag the window to move. Right click the window for a menu of window options.

The Map Minimap page of Carb Options window also has settings for it like "Button columns".

Carbonite's minimap button can be shift clicked to toggle minimize mode, which hides all other buttons. Button window must be enabled for that feature.

09-04-09, 07:32 PM   #10
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Ok it seems another mod was FORCING it to be 'circled' around the mini-map.. no clue why, and i'm not positive which map mod it was.. but disabling them all fixed the issue.. now I can unlock it and move it anywhere.. whew...

But one other question.. perhaps it was mentioned somewhere already... is there a way to tell carbonite to "Exclude" a particular button from it's window? Or is it all or nothing? I've found brokers which let me access some of the more popular buttons anyway.. but if I don't need to run them , I'd rather not of course.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite and minimap button frame