04-01-08, 04:02 PM   #1
Worcester
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Anti-Caster Pop-up

Here's the idea... your target starts casting a spell... wouldn't you love it if a customizable bar would appear, with buttons for your interrupt abilities that are not on Cool Down!

Some icing on the cake? Ideally you could move the bar where ever you wanted on the screen, and change it's size. I imagine this is mostly geared towards clickers, but hotkey support would be nice. If it's simply a button bar, you should be able to add abilities, spells and even items that can interrupt a cast, but it should only show the abilities that you can use at the moment. As a Rogue, for example, Kidney Shot would show up on the Interrupt bar only if you had a combo point on the target.

So that's my idea. I've seen something similar, but it didn't seem as versatile and appeared geared towards casters interrupting other casters. If this does exist, though, please let me know... and thanks for the help!
04-01-08, 10:03 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

don't think it can be done at all since 2.0. once you've entered combat, the UI is in a secure state that can only operate within a tight set of parameters that would disallow this sort of thing.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
04-01-08, 10:48 PM   #3
Worcester
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hmm... maybe it could be more like a hidden action bar that only appears during the casting event? My main bar changes when I stealth. I guess that's more of a stance change, though. I was hoping it would be the same sort of thing.

Thanks for the help!
04-02-08, 02:50 AM   #4
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Originally Posted by Worcester View Post
Hmm... maybe it could be more like a hidden action bar that only appears during the casting event? My main bar changes when I stealth. I guess that's more of a stance change, though. I was hoping it would be the same sort of thing.

Thanks for the help!
your interface can change, but only in ways that ways Blizz allows...and i'd guess that syncing an actionbar displaying to an enemy event wouldn't be allowed.
04-02-08, 03:01 AM   #5
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, you can "hide" buttons or "show" them during combat the way you want (according to combat points, to enemies casts, to cooldowns etc), but it won't be really hidden. What I mean is, if you click where your kidney shot usually is while it's "hidden" like that, you WILL kidney shot. But you won't see the button on your screen.

However, if you're not a clicker (which, on a side note, I strongly advise in PvP, especially as a rogue as you need quite a lot of mobility, and you can't afford to keyturn or to have downtimes in your abilities while turning with your mouse ), you can make unclickable buttons that pop wherever you want, whenever you want, just to let you know that you should use ability X now, or ability Y.
04-02-08, 04:13 PM   #6
Worcester
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'll look for some "Use X Now" type warning systems. That might be all I need. Thanks for the idea.

I'm trying to change my playing style, but as a confirmed 1-button mouser (yup, I'm a Mac-head) it's been tough to break old habits. Rest assured, though, I've made the most out of my extensive keyboard skills, and I stay in motion constantly in PvP.

I've been looking at some of the gaming mice, the g-keyboards, and peripherals out there to see what suits me. I've even seen a thing called the Alpha-grip, which looks like a console controller with a trackball, but it's actually a full keyboard! So far, I've only seen it online, and I'd like to physically hold it before shelling out 100 bucks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Anti-Caster Pop-up