12-01-12, 03:02 PM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[Language testing] Questions...

Just going through the forum threads, and I found mention that Rythal is downloading the entire game client for the EU servers in order to test frFR/French. On the Pandaria beta, you could select the client's language, both in the Launcher and as a game setting via the Esc options. This meant you could test any language regardless of being on EU or US realms.

Is this not possible on live? I'm not capable of loading the game to find out right now; otherwise I would and answer my own question.

12-01-12, 10:05 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Just going through the forum threads, and I found mention that Rythal is downloading the entire game client for the EU servers in order to test frFR/French. On the Pandaria beta, you could select the client's language, both in the Launcher and as a game setting via the Esc options. This meant you could test any language regardless of being on EU or US realms.

Is this not possible on live? I'm not capable of loading the game to find out right now; otherwise I would and answer my own question.
on the US client by default your allowed English, Spanish, and Portuguese. For any others you have to trick the client into first downloading the language packs, which wasn't working for me until I installed the enGB version... then trick it into connecting to US instead of EU since certain languages are setup to only connect to certain login servers.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [Language testing] Questions...