11-18-09, 05:01 PM   #1
Aquentvp
A Murloc Raider
SPAM from "carbonite quest: [crb]"

I was researching ways of improving lag in 25-man raids, and heard about an addon called AddonSpamFu.

I installed it, and found that I was receiving a large number of messages with the label "carbonite quest: [crb]," even though I don't currently have Carbonite installed.

Is there any way to block, deactivate, or otherwise prevent these messages from being received?

I tried to locate information about this, but haven't really found any.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

11-18-09, 05:16 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You are likely receiving those messages because you are on a Carb users friend list. That person/s likely also has the option in the "Privacy & Comm" section checked off to send updates to Friends/Guild etc.

The only way to stop the messages, especially if you are getting pst's is to a) Have them uncheck the friends box or b) Put them on ignore (I think).

I only ran across this a short time ago when I was pst'd from a friend listed person who was receiving multiple whispers from me with the "crb" wording in it and also a random string of numbers, which I'm guessing was location information. I disabled the checkbox I mentioned above and they stopped receiving the whispers from me.

11-29-09, 02:22 PM   #3
Nightspirit
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It should only spam the information on 1) joining a grp 2) another person joins the grp 3) a quest is updated. At this moment it just spams WAY too much.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » SPAM from "carbonite quest: [crb]"