07-31-11, 07:39 PM   #1
Bonah
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite MiniMap ??????

a few patches ago My nodes and herbs would show up on the minimap.....but now the minimap is really small in the top left corner and the nodes and herbs dont show up on the big part of the map. i cant find anything in the options to fix it....any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

08-01-11, 09:42 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bonah View Post
a few patches ago My nodes and herbs would show up on the minimap.....but now the minimap is really small in the top left corner and the nodes and herbs dont show up on the big part of the map. i cant find anything in the options to fix it....any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
First things first: Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

In Carbonite, make sure you have imported the node database for the profession you are using.

To import the databases, open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Guide" page. Choose the database you want to import, and when the confirmation box pops up, click on the "Import" button. You should get a confirmation message in your chat when the import is finished.

Make sure you are tracking the correct type of node in the Blizzard "Tracking" interface (the magnifying glass minimap button).

On Carbonites map, right click the map in a non-icon area and, in the menu that pops up, click on "Show..." and in the next menu make sure there is a check mark in the box for the node type you want to show for that character. That will show already known node locations (node locations known by Carbonite) on the Carbonite map. Carbonite "remembers" where you have found nodes to harvest that weren't originally in the database.

For the size of the Blizzard minimap that is in the Carbonite map (if your maps are merged) there are options on the "Map Minimap" page of Carbonites options, and in the minimized map's right click menu under the "Minimap..." heading. Click on it to get the menu, and in that menu the only one I can think of off hand that would make a difference would be the "Docked Scale (number)" option. Make sure that is set to "(1.00)" (the slider will be all the way to the right).

That's all I can think of at the moment. I hope it helps.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite MiniMap ??????