03-11-13, 07:17 PM   #661
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Good ideas. Would you have any idea as to how high the Stagger DOT gets usually gets to in a raid environment? I just wonder if DOT = 10% Max Health would be enough.
I honestly don't know what the upper limit is and wouldn't care to find out; I've seen ticks of over 50k and that's enough to make me, my healers and the rest of the raid crap themselves.

Last edited by BalwickMaggy : 03-11-13 at 07:21 PM.

03-11-13, 10:00 PM   #662
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Any reason why the chat bubbles are pulling the wrong names? lol? Ignore my raging btw lol. Took me like 2 mins to kill a dk -.-

Last edited by Haleth : 03-12-13 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Link removed, no foul language please

03-11-13, 10:22 PM   #663
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
Any reason why the chat bubbles are pulling the wrong names? lol? Ignore my raging btw lol. Took me like 2 mins to kill a dk -.-
Nice

Just an API issue. Since Blizz never included names on their chat bubbles, they probably never noticed or bothered fixing it.

Last edited by Haleth : 03-12-13 at 06:35 AM.

03-11-13, 11:50 PM   #664
Massiveunit
A Black Drake

Hey,
Is there a way to show my dots above enemy on name plate. Like they do on tidy plates? Love this addon...Nib how do I start to learn to write LUA? Do I need a program to write or open LUA files?
BTW u have mad skills and addon rocks...blizzard should hire u!!!
Thxs,
Massive

03-12-13, 12:03 AM   #665
Goudurix
A Defias Bandit
Change Police "Pixel"

Hi, excuse me for my english.
I love your UI its so beautiful !
I would like change the police "Pixel" and size to information (meter, friend, guild... )
Can i do this ?
Thx for your answer.

03-12-13, 12:06 AM   #666
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Goudurix View Post
Hi, excuse me for my english.
I love your UI its so beautiful !
I would like change the police "Pixel" and size to information (meter, friend, guild... )
Can i do this ?
Thx for your answer.
Yes.

/realui > Fonts > Pixel Small / Pixel Large

If you need to change other AddOns pixel fonts, do a search in the AddOns folder for pixel*, and you can replace those font files with font files of your choosing.

and

/realui > Info Line

Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
<snip>
PS. You need to add 0.5 to your 3rd action bar's Y position

Originally Posted by Massiveunit View Post
Hey,
Is there a way to show my dots above enemy on name plate. Like they do on tidy plates? Love this addon...Nib how do I start to learn to write LUA? Do I need a program to write or open LUA files?
BTW u have mad skills and addon rocks...blizzard should hire u!!!
Thxs,
Massive
For dots, it's on my to-do list, but it may take a while to implement properly. For now, you could try an addon like PlateBuffs.

As for learning Lua and WoW programming, I don't know of much on the web that's really informative and easy to pick up and doesn't involve a lot of XML (mostly not needed these days).
Here's a quick guide which gives basic details.

There's a WoW Programming book, though, which I've heard really good things about. It's outdated (updated up to 3.2) but all the basics are still the same.

You may want to ask here in the WoW Interface forums, perhaps some of the more veteran programmers here know of good resources.

Last edited by Haleth : 03-12-13 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Link in quote removed

03-12-13, 01:05 AM   #667
Stevenlandry
Premium Member

Premium Member
info bar and other things

glad you are going to make it so the info bar can be moved. one other thing i was wondering do you plan using weak auras? this is a great addon

Ripshawn YouTube channel

RipShawn Twitch channel

03-12-13, 01:15 AM   #668
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Stevenlandry View Post
glad you are going to make it so the info bar can be moved. one other thing i was wondering do you plan using weak auras? this is a great addon
Info Bar is currently movable No plans on Weak Auras as of yet. So far I haven't met something that needed tracking that I couldn't program myself

03-12-13, 02:28 AM   #669
NeonSkin
A Murloc Raider

Talking

Hi, been using bagsync now to keep track of my inventory across alts. Was wondering if you can skin the minimap icon for that like in bugsack? It's a bit fugly. It's just a request if you have to time.
Thank you Nib for this comp.

03-12-13, 07:31 AM   #670
Goudurix
A Defias Bandit
Thx

Thx for your answer,
I like your UI !

03-12-13, 09:30 AM   #671
Stevenlandry
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Info Bar is currently movable
How do we move it as i do play on three screens and would like to have that info on the middle screen.

edit: i am an idiot i did not update the ui and when servers came back online saw the changes

Ripshawn YouTube channel

RipShawn Twitch channel

Last edited by Stevenlandry : 03-12-13 at 04:05 PM.

03-12-13, 11:48 AM   #672
Massiveunit
A Black Drake

Nib,
Anyway u could skin tidy plates to match real UI?
Thxs,
Massive

03-12-13, 12:12 PM   #673
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Stevenlandry View Post
How do we move it as i do play on three screens and would like to have that info on the middle screen.
/realui > Info Line > Position / Size

Originally Posted by Massiveunit View Post
Nib,
Anyway u could skin tidy plates to match real UI?
Thxs,
Massive
Hmm, maybe.

03-12-13, 12:39 PM   #674
cshavi
A Defias Bandit
Hey great addon set! I just have two minor bugbears.

First, when I'm on my character screen and hover over an item slot while holding alt, it of course shows every piece of gear I have in my bags of that particular slot. Usually I can equip them right from there, but it's not allowing me to with RealUI for some reason.

Second, while in LFR last night (not sure if it happens in regular (both Mogu'shan and Heart of Fear) the maps were fine but the boss icons were way off where they should be on the maps.

Other than those two things, the mod looks really great and very functional.

edit: Nevermind on both counts! EJ Icon Scale in Mapster options needed to be adjusted to put them in the right spot, and the other problem fixed itself.

Last edited by cshavi : 03-12-13 at 02:14 PM.

03-12-13, 02:41 PM   #675
zeveroare
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
106x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "ACP" tried to call the protected function "CompactRaidFrame6:Show()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
<in C code>
FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:276: in function "CompactUnitFrame_UpdateVisible"
FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:234: in function "CompactUnitFrame_UpdateAll"
FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:136: in function <FrameXML\CompactUnitFrame.lua:136>

Locals:
nil
2x nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:438: attempt to index field "configmode" (a nil value)
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:438: in function "UpdatePointDisplay"
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:291: in function "FadeFrames"
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:313: in function "UpdateCFStatus"
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:318: in function "UpdateCombatFader"
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:359: in function "UpdateCombatFaderEnabled"
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:896: in function "Refresh"
nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7\Core.lua:1058: in function "?"
libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":13: in function "?"
libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function "Fire"
AckisRecipeList-2.4.6\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <AckisRecipeList\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
nil
(and more)

All the time...

03-12-13, 02:43 PM   #676
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by zeveroare View Post
(and more)

All the time...
Have you reloaded the UI since updating? That second error occurs when a MiniPatch is applied, but the UI hasn't reloaded to apply the changes. That, or you didn't update the nibPointDisplay addon included in the RealUI download.

That first error is Compact Raid Frame taint, harmless and unavoidable.

03-12-13, 03:48 PM   #677
calisarogue
A Defias Bandit
nibIceHud

Hi Nib,

This may be a known issue (but i can't find it on the forum), but NibIceHud is non-functional for me. In some instances the addon functions to a degree in game, but the config cant be opened (i click and nothing happens). As of right now, there is no hud working at all. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help,

Cal

03-12-13, 03:59 PM   #678
tresser
A Cyclonian
was about to post this

7x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn "Aurora" tried to call the protected function "RemoveTalent()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
<in C code>
Blizzard_TalentUI\Blizzard_TalentUI.lua:39: in function "OnAccept"
FrameXML\StaticPopup.lua:3897: in function "StaticPopup_OnClick"
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <string>:"*:OnClick":1

Locals:
nil

but i see there's an update (i'm on r20 when that happened), so i'll see if that's still something later.

but since i'm here.....how do i disable the taste the rainbow raid markers along the side of my map? I'm using OPiE, so i dont need them

03-12-13, 04:40 PM   #679
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by calisarogue View Post
Hi Nib,

This may be a known issue (but i can't find it on the forum), but NibIceHud is non-functional for me. In some instances the addon functions to a degree in game, but the config cant be opened (i click and nothing happens). As of right now, there is no hud working at all. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help,

Cal
Exit the game, and re-install the nibIceHUD folder from the RealUI download. Make sure to overwrite files and folders.

If that doesn't fix it, type /realui, go to RealUI Core, and click Reset RealUI.

03-12-13, 04:41 PM   #680
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by tresser View Post
but since i'm here.....how do i disable the taste the rainbow raid markers along the side of my map? I'm using OPiE, so i dont need them
/realui > Extras > World Marker

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI