04-10-09, 10:01 AM   #1
shilum
A Murloc Raider
mini map question

how do i get the mining nodes and the quest locations to show on the minimap, i have them showing on the main map but not on the minimap

04-13-09, 05:32 PM   #2
Insurgence
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by shilum View Post
how do i get the mining nodes and the quest locations to show on the minimap, i have them showing on the main map but not on the minimap
Carbonite does not seem to integrate itself into the default blizzard maps and minimaps. I could have missed something and thus may be wrong, but Carbonite does not act as a straight replacement for either, as both are still fully functional with carbonite. I have fiddled around with it, and all that carbonite does, is overlay the defaul minimap onto the carbonite map. Since carbonite does not seem to affect the default minimap beyond that, the default minimap will cover up what is shown on the carbonite map (carbonites map and minimap are the same thing, it just shrinks the map down into a minimap, and essentially docks the default minimap as an overlay into the carbonite map frame). My guess is, what you did was you have the first two options in the minimap options checked, and so the default blizzard minimap is covering up.

04-13-09, 11:01 PM   #3
SirLLoydCyrus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
he might be askign what i asked in another thread. i've had trouble finding the tracking minimap button, so i have to use the general spell "find minerals" or herbs or whatever you track. still havent gotten any answers to why the button vanished on me though, hoping to have alternate solutions like making macros to search or something less inconvenient.

04-14-09, 03:15 AM   #4
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by shilum View Post
If you are talking about the Carbonite icons try the following:
For Quest givers, look at your quest watch list and hit the golden circle (second from the right) until it is large. That should add an icon to show the questgivers.
For mining locations, Right click the mini-map, select "Show..." and then check off either "Show mining locations" or the herb one (for those who want to see where the herbs are).

If you mean the yellow icons on the WOW minimap, if you don't see them - it may be because there aren't any currently there - Carbonite only shows (with icons) the locations previously found and recorded. If you see one there, try hitting alt or ctrl, that may bring the icon to the front, in which case it's a layering thing with the icon in Carbonite and the WoW minimap. (If so, and you want to change, post again)

Hope this helps!

Also SirLloydCyrus, for minimap buttons such as the find feature - Carbonite has them all added to a space like a vertical management bar. If you see the Carbonite icon of "C" highlight over it and you'll probably see some backspace, shift click it and your icons should appear. If you don't see the minimap Carbonite icon it may be the setting has been turned off, or it's in another location due to another icon (such as NUI - which I just recently started using myself).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » mini map question