03-01-13, 11:57 AM   #1
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Carbonite don't work with German Client

Version 5.1.2 do not work at me. no quest tracker, i don't can open tha map (same as the original map - its blocked by carbonite) and the questlog is the original blizzard questlog.There is too no welcome logo of carbonite and the only i can see, that carbonite is acitivated is, that the little carbonite symbol is shown at the minimap. it seems, that carbonite is not activated, but it is!

Its German WoW Client.

how we can fix the probz?

03-01-13, 12:35 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
did it work before? when did it stop? did you update recently? where did you update from if you did? any error messages?

03-01-13, 02:22 PM   #3
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
no error in the chat, but there is too no message that says, carbonite is activated and there is too no welcome logo of carbonite, it feels, carbonite is not activated, but definitely it is! the symbol in the minimap i can see, but if i click on it, nothing happens.

yeah, it worked before 5.1.2. it stops with 5.1.2^^ i updated carbonite only on WoW Interface.com.

in Sep 2012 i got the same problem with version 5.041. but it was your start with carbonite rythal (at that time on www.rythal.com), and your versions worked fine - down to the present day. On version 5.1.1(?) there was no problems.

Last edited by Caremsis : 03-01-13 at 02:32 PM.

03-01-13, 02:28 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
my "guess" is a translation problem... if you scroll your chat up to the start after logging in, is there any messages from carbonite saying "Missing Zone: " "Unknown Zone:" or something like that....

03-01-13, 02:39 PM   #5
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
my "guess" is a translation problem... if you scroll your chat up to the start after logging in, is there any messages from carbonite saying "Missing Zone: " "Unknown Zone:" or something like that....
nope

03-01-13, 02:44 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it's not scrolled up in chat enough... because the carbonite loading messages aren't there either, and the 'C' minimap icon would not show without those messages. (it gets created after the messages are sent to chat)

should be something like

Carbonite Loading
Carbonite Loaded
Carbonite deDE

03-01-13, 02:51 PM   #7
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
it's not scrolled up in chat enough... because the carbonite loading messages aren't there either, and the 'C' minimap icon would not show without those messages. (it gets created after the messages are sent to chat)

should be something like

Carbonite Loading
Carbonite Loaded
Carbonite deDE
i know rythal, i use carbonite since 3.5.5 WOTLK

but there is really really really no carbonite message in the chat!

its the top of the chat. no chance to get higher^^

here, there was exactly the same problem!

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44259

Last edited by Caremsis : 03-01-13 at 03:15 PM.

03-02-13, 06:33 AM   #8
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
any idea rythal?

03-02-13, 10:30 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This might seem like an odd question, but, have you checked Carbonites options to make sure the Quest Watch is not hidden? Since 5.1.2 is the live release version the options are still accessed by: type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu.

(Sorry, but the only reason I could figure that you posted a picture of WoW's option panel was because you thought Carbonites options had been moved there in the live release version. They haven't been moved there for the live release version yet.)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

03-02-13, 10:39 AM   #10
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
This might seem like an odd question, but, have you checked Carbonites options to make sure the Quest Watch is not hidden? Since 5.1.2 is the live release version the options are still accessed by: type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu.

(Sorry, but the only reason I could figure that you posted a picture of WoW's option panel was because you thought Carbonites options had been moved there in the live release version. They haven't been moved there for the live release version yet.)
Right clicking on the "C" minimap symbol - nothing happens!

/carb options there comes a chat message, but no menu or something else opens...

i cant open any Carbonite Map.... i cant open too the Original map! Its blocked by carbonite, i cant open the carbonite questlog and there is too no "punks" or anything of carbonite. in 5.1.1?(pre 5.1.2^^) all functions worked perfectly. but i have not changed any settings. no new Addons. the only i did is updating carbonite.

Last edited by Caremsis : 03-02-13 at 10:54 AM.

03-02-13, 11:20 AM   #11
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
hey guys

LOOK AT THIS OH MY GOD!!!

i was deleting the old Carbonite files in C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\119072192#1\SavedVariables and C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\119072192#1\Blackrock\Häcksa\SavedVariables and now it works.

thx for your help.

/close

03-02-13, 01:20 PM   #12
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Glad to hear you got it figured out... I spent several hours last night trying to get my enUS version of WoW to support deDE so I could debug it lol.

03-02-13, 03:30 PM   #13
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Glad to hear you got it figured out... I spent several hours last night trying to get my enUS version of WoW to support deDE so I could debug it lol.
sry for this Rythal ;(

but now we know if someone got these probz how to fix it

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite don't work with German Client