02-26-09, 09:02 AM   #2921
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Just to let you know that it looks like the VehicleMenuBar stops loading up in 5.0 while riding a dragon at least - rofl.

Also, having been playing around on the test server this is a screen shot of what the UI looks like now. I tried 5.0 yesterday and its the same problem but this is the 4.2 version that I tried today.

If you're not in there yourself feel free to ask for testing.
I did download the patch Tuesday night and initiated my character copies this morning. So I'll be looking at it tonight.

It doesn't look on the face of it like there will be a lot of work required to get nUI running on the PTR. I'll know better tonight.

EDIT: Oh... and yes... I have disabled the VehicleMenuBar in 5.0 -- so no more Bliz vehicle frame in 5.0 -- I do still need to fix seats and pitch though.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 02-26-09 at 09:29 AM.

02-26-09, 09:07 AM   #2922
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
I understand. I'm still studying, so i can't really afford to spend much money, and i believe donating 1$ just to get the latest release would be ridiculous, at least, so i really want to make shure i'll get along with the interface before making a decent donation. I'll be using your interface, with a few changes, for raiding tonight, but until i can try it with the 25 raid frames, i can't really be shure.
Trust me... I *completely* understand.

In the mean time, just a couple of questions, hope i'm not pushing my luck.

What file need i edit to change the size and the font of the casting bars? the target's casting bar at least, as it is too small to be able to read the name of the spell.
It would be in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > HUD > Skins > {HUD mode} > nUI_*_CastingBar.lua ] if you want to update the player casting bar in the HUD. The target casting bar in the HUD would be [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > HUD > Skins > {HUD mode} > nUI_*_Target.lua ] -- for the target unit frame, it would be in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Units > Skins > {unit mode} > nUI*_Target.lua ]

And is there, in 4.20, any way of making the Solo unit frames look like the ones on the 25 man raid? I mean, with no portrait and larger?
I tried editing \nui\units\skins\solo\nui_UnitSkin_SoloPlayer.lua, and in the elements, changed the portrait enabled to false and the width and height to 1, trying to remove the portrait. When it loads, i get no picture, thought the borders are still there, and after i click anywhere, the picture just apears again. Am i at the correct file, and need to alter other configs, or wont this just work?
Hmm.. the enabled should be enough, but that may not work in all of the unit frame modules yet (I'll need to make sure I fix that)... just comment out the Portrait section entirely and that should do it. The only problem may be that some of the other frame elements may be relying on the portrait for their anchor points. In fact, I'm almost certain they are... so it will probably take more work then just removing or disabling the portrait.

02-26-09, 09:33 AM   #2923
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
If just never seems to fail... /sigh

So here I am trying to dig out from 14 months of unemployment, trying not to lose my house and whatnot and what happens... my van drops the transmission. $3000 to replace.

Sometimes it just never seems to stop.

~groan~
Chin up, Scott.. things will get better! You always have all of us here in the thread if you ever feel like venting.

02-26-09, 09:40 AM   #2924
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

EDIT: Oh... and yes... I have disabled the VehicleMenuBar in 5.0 -- so no more Bliz vehicle frame in 5.0 -- I do still need to fix seats and pitch though.
I keep forgetting to tell you..... nUI ROCKS! I think my neighbors heard me giggling with delight when I noticed that hehe. It reminds me of that Who song called I'm Free rofl.

02-26-09, 09:46 AM   #2925
Flinger
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It would be in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > HUD > Skins > {HUD mode} > nUI_*_CastingBar.lua ] if you want to update the player casting bar in the HUD. The target casting bar in the HUD would be [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > HUD > Skins > {HUD mode} > nUI_*_Target.lua ] -- for the target unit frame, it would be in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Units > Skins > {unit mode} > nUI*_Target.lua ]
Managed to change size of the bars, but not the font size.

Hmm.. the enabled should be enough, but that may not work in all of the unit frame modules yet (I'll need to make sure I fix that)... just comment out the Portrait section entirely and that should do it. The only problem may be that some of the other frame elements may be relying on the portrait for their anchor points. In fact, I'm almost certain they are... so it will probably take more work then just removing or disabling the portrait.
Just commented the whole section, no effect. Still have portrait.

well, having a class right now, so i'll try out a few more things later on. I supose you are busy, so no rush with this. Just reported in case you want to make a mental note to check it later.

02-26-09, 10:15 AM   #2926
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
You can also get compares here... http://wowcompares.com/0109626
Yeah I downloaded that but it doesn't look like a compare as such .. but I guess you do the comparing with a different one yourself to see the difference .. didn't think of that option.

02-26-09, 10:23 AM   #2927
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

flinger `
for the cast bar kodewolf made an nui plugin which disables nuis cast bars so you can use others like quartz. this was a temp fix because people were having problems with thiers but it should work nicely for that. Its in nui optional files at
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12402.html
quartz is extremely easy to use and has enough options to give you what your looking for i think

02-26-09, 10:28 AM   #2928
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

When it rains it pours scott unfortunately I think we have all been there at one time or another
So we'll just have to keep you real busy and keep your mind off it

02-26-09, 10:28 AM   #2929
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
Managed to change size of the bars, but not the font size.

Just commented the whole section, no effect. Still have portrait.

well, having a class right now, so i'll try out a few more things later on. I supose you are busy, so no rush with this. Just reported in case you want to make a mental note to check it later.
You might be working in the wrong file. If you commented out the portrait and it still shows you pretty much *have* to be in the wrong file. nUI does not "insert" anything into those tables... ever.

As for the casting bars... the font size is tied to the bar height.

Make sure that if you're editing the player unit frame, you're in the [ Units > Skins > Solo > nUI_UnitSkin_SoloPlayer.lua ] file. (I think that's the right name -- I'm operating from memory here) -- If you're trying to change the portrait in the player unit frame in the party unit panel, then you have to edit [ Units > Skins > Party > nUI_UnitSKin_PartyPlayer.lua ] (again, hope that's the right name)

02-26-09, 10:31 AM   #2930
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah I downloaded that but it doesn't look like a compare as such .. but I guess you do the comparing with a different one yourself to see the difference .. didn't think of that option.
WoWCompares is a honest to goodness DIFF of the versions. The red elements have been removed, the blue elements have been added and every file listed has been changed in some way... a LOT of changes in this patch.

02-26-09, 10:58 AM   #2931
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
WoWCompares is a honest to goodness DIFF of the versions. The red elements have been removed, the blue elements have been added and every file listed has been changed in some way... a LOT of changes in this patch.
Hmm .. well just did a manual compare of RaidFrame, PlayerFrame, UnitFrame, PartyFrame, PartyFrameTemplates and some others I can't think of at the moment and the only changes I see are how the functions are executed.

eg.

In 3.0.9 Live
Code:
<OnUpdate>PartyMemberFrame_OnUpdate(self,      elapsed);</OnUpdate>
In 3.1.0 Test
Code:
<OnUpdate function="PartyMemberFrame_OnUpdate" />
These seem to be the majority if not the only changes I saw in those frame files.

edit: d'oh .. just noticed the Live / Test Compare options in wowcompares.com - rofl

edit2: okay, after looking at some other files via wowcompare I do some other changes but nothing that I would have thought would have affected displaying the unit/player/group/raid frames.

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-26-09 at 11:08 AM.

02-26-09, 11:47 AM   #2932
gman265
Premium Member

If just never seems to fail... /sigh

So here I am trying to dig out from 14 months of unemployment, trying not to lose my house and whatnot and what happens... my van drops the transmission. $3000 to replace.

Sometimes it just never seems to stop.

~groan~

I feel your pain man. I have been out of work for about 14 months now. Already lost my house and a couple of weeks ago, my daughter was parked on the shoulder of an interstate road with a flat tire and a uhaul truck plowed into the back of the mini van. Truck was doing about 70 mph.
Good news, and frankly a miracle, she only had minor injuries.
Bad news - mini van was totaled.

Murphy is a son of a gun and I believe that he is hitching a ride on both yours and my back.

Its can only get better... right?

-gman

02-26-09, 11:48 AM   #2933
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah -- those aren't actually the problem (the unit frames) -- the problem is the AddOn loader choked on the MinimapCluster problem and stopped loading after that.

Hmm .. well just did a manual compare of RaidFrame, PlayerFrame, UnitFrame, PartyFrame, PartyFrameTemplates and some others I can't think of at the moment and the only changes I see are how the functions are executed.

eg.

In 3.0.9 Live
Code:
<OnUpdate>PartyMemberFrame_OnUpdate(self,      elapsed);</OnUpdate>
In 3.1.0 Test
Code:
<OnUpdate function="PartyMemberFrame_OnUpdate" />
These seem to be the majority if not the only changes I saw in those frame files.

edit: d'oh .. just noticed the Live / Test Compare options in wowcompares.com - rofl

edit2: okay, after looking at some other files via wowcompare I do some other changes but nothing that I would have thought would have affected displaying the unit/player/group/raid frames.

02-26-09, 11:50 AM   #2934
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah... ~lol~

For Christmas he gave me a jar of Vaseline... it has sand in it.

~lmao~

Glad to hear your daughter's okay... and at this point I'm about 95% certain I'm going to lose my house, too. So, yeah... I share the pain man.

Originally Posted by gman265 View Post
I feel your pain man. I have been out of work for about 14 months now. Already lost my house and a couple of weeks ago, my daughter was parked on the shoulder of an interstate road with a flat tire and a uhaul truck plowed into the back of the mini van. Truck was doing about 70 mph.
Good news, and frankly a miracle, she only had minor injuries.
Bad news - mini van was totaled.

Murphy is a son of a gun and I believe that he is hitching a ride on both yours and my back.

Its can only get better... right?

-gman

02-26-09, 11:50 AM   #2935
gman265
Premium Member

Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
-gman
don't know if this will help you but the easiest way to play around with the hud scale and get it working that I found was to enable the hud for friendly NPC's.(this can be done with kodewolfs GUI plug-in not sure what the command line was for it) Then change it outside of combat so you can see the difference it makes. I only brought it up because that screenshot looks similar to when I had my hud set to small. Hope that helps
Neuralassassin,

Thanks for the info. I guess I will play around with the hud scale until I find just the right size.

-gman

02-26-09, 12:08 PM   #2936
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah -- those aren't actually the problem (the unit frames) -- the problem is the AddOn loader choked on the MinimapCluster problem and stopped loading after that.
Rofl .. and there I was ignoring that part

edit: And yep .. turned off control of the map and the unit frames appeared .. one step closer I guess. Then the next error was to do with the Movers for QuestWatchFrame which I believe is one of those things they changed.

edit2: okay .. after turning off minimap control and commenting out mover lines for QuestWatchFrame, QuestTimerFrame and AchievementFrame everything loaded fine.

edit3: aha, looks like they've merged the Watcher Frames into a single frame WatchFrame.

edit4: okay .. adding a line
nUI_Movers:movableFrame( WatchFrame );
instead of manual moving each frame it allows the user to drag the group as a whole. trying to move it with the setpoints results in an error message when trying to track achievements. Of course this means they will need to adjust questhelper addon accordingly.

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-26-09 at 01:26 PM.

02-26-09, 03:10 PM   #2937
Brillynt
A Black Drake

PTR Errors so far

Here are the 2 errors I am receiving on the PTR.

["message"] = "nUI-5.00.00 (Alpha)\\Integration\\nUI_Minimap.lua:378: attempt to index global 'MiniMapCompassRing' (a nil value)\nnUI-5.00.00 (Alpha)\\Integration\\nUI_Minimap.lua:417: in function `applySkin'\nnUI-5.00.00 (Alpha)\\Main\\nUI.lua:190: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\nUI\\Main\\nUI.lua:83>\n\n ---",

["message"] = "nUI-5.00.00 (Alpha)\\Plugins\\nUI_Movers.lua:214: attempt to index global 'QuestWatchFrame' (a nil value)\n\n ---",

By commenting out the 3 lines in nUI_Minimap.lua that have MininapCompassRing everything appeared correctly.

Brillynt

Last edited by Brillynt : 02-26-09 at 03:18 PM.

02-26-09, 04:06 PM   #2938
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Brillynt View Post

By commenting out the 3 lines in nUI_Minimap.lua that have MininapCompassRing everything appeared correctly.

Brillynt

Confirmed .. turned on minimap control and commented those 3 lines out and the map appears correctly as long as the questwatch and questtimer mover frame lines are commented out as well.

Still getting the achievement bug when trying to watch it though ' You do not have enough room .. ' . I suspect from this description that the size of the watcher has to be a certain size to be valid.

02-26-09, 04:10 PM   #2939
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
We recently lost a house too .We moved 1300 miles, but we had freinds checking on it.'Somehow' a door got open, and at 30 below it didn't take long for the furnace to run dry....froze every pipe in the hot water baseboard system,froze and cracked the furnace,water ran long enough to run up an $1100 water bill....and frost was 2 inches thick covering everything inside the house......literally destroyed everything.Insurance company refuses to pay and a lawyer would cost me $10-15,000 dollars. I REALLY feel your pain....an $80,000 mortgage on a $10,000 piece of property!

Yeah... ~lol~

For Christmas he gave me a jar of Vaseline... it has sand in it.

~lmao~

Glad to hear your daughter's okay... and at this point I'm about 95% certain I'm going to lose my house, too. So, yeah... I share the pain man.

02-27-09, 04:26 AM   #2940
Falconia
A Defias Bandit
As Neuralassassin pointed out... they never stopped working with the 5.0 so you should still be able to use them.
mmh after lots of adding and removing one by one and nearly 10 WOW restarts I got all working exept infopanel_minimap... if I add the addon the whole middle char/group/map frame is screwed up and vanished

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement