09-19-14, 02:06 AM   #1
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

Question Fire Mage Macro Help: Castsequence

What does the "0"'s after the reset do? I learned the first 0 is a timer but the ones after that are a mystery to me. I have played around with it to get a functional Fire Spec macro for my mage but it is a mystery to me. I have something such as the following.
Code:
/castsequence reset=1 3,5,3,1,Fireball
/castsequence reset=3 3,5,3,Inferno Blast
/castsequence reset=9 3,5,Living Bomb
/castsequence reset=3 3,Combustion
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Mirror Image
/use 13
/use 14
I end up hitting the key several times because it is unclear when or if the macro will decide to cast Fireball. Pyroblast is a proc and as such is without relevance in macros. This is inconsistency is problematic though. I hope someone can help me.

I can not decipher the pattern of what each number in a series {such as 3,5,3,1,} actually does.

I want [Inferno Blast] to cast every 8 seconds; And [Living Bomb] to cast every eleven. Combustion I could just remove from the sequence and set it by itself like Presence of Mind. However, I do want it to come AFTER the dots.

As I said I understand the first number is a 'timer'; However if I am hitting the button at least for every cast that kind of makes the timer irrelevant yes?

Thank you for sharing your Force; And, may the Goddess bless you.
09-19-14, 03:44 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1) The reset time means that if you don't activate the macro for that many seconds, the sequence will go back to the first spell. If you keep activating the macro, it will keep trying to cast the next spell in the sequence, and go back to the first spell once it reaches the end of the sequence.

2) Putting numbers instead of spell names in the list of spells will not add additional delays -- but it will try to use the items equipped in those slot numbers. The first line in your macro:

Code:
/castsequence reset=1 3,5,3,1,Fireball
Effectively translates as:
- On the 1st press, use the item equipped in the shoulder slot.
- On the 2nd press, use the item equipped in the chest slot.
- On the 3rd press, use the item equipped in the shoulder slot again.
- On the 4th press, use the item equiped in the head slot.
- On the 5th press, cast Fireball.
- On the 6th press, start again at step 1, and use the item equipped in the shoulder slot.
- If at any time the macro isn't activated for more than 1 second, the next press will start again at step 1.

Unless your shoulder, chest, or head items have "use:" effects, then the first four presses won't actually do anything, and if you stop pressing the macro for more than 1 second, it will start over with trying to use the shoulder item. This is why it seems "random" as to whether your macro casts Fireball.

3) It sounds like you're trying to write one button that will use all of your abilities in the correct order at the correct times, which is exactly what Blizzard doesn't want you to be able to do -- that's why there are no macro conditionals for "if this spell is on cooldown cast X otherwise cast Y" etc. and no way to write a macro that you can keep pressing that will only cast spell X every 3 seconds, spell Y every 11 seconds, etc.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Fire Mage Macro Help: Castsequence