10-07-09, 01:00 PM   #161
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
can you please tell me where in the file to put this. I would love to be able to use the functions of changing my multi totems spells. You say to open any addon's . lua to do so but i don't find one listed as that , and not sure if you mean any of the file's with in the mod or a named one. let alone as to where to put it.

Thanks for putting up with a code dummy
K. Dawn

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
With Macaroon, you can make bars and put your totems on them, just as you did pre-patch.

To show the Blizzard totem bar, you need to un-parent it from the main menu bar, since Macaroon hides the main menu bar, and when you hide a frame, all other frames which are attached to that frame are also hidden. Simply open up any addon's .lua file and add:
Code:
if MultiCastActionBarFrame then
	MultiCastActionBarFrame:SetParent(UIParent)
	MultiCastActionBarFrame:ClearAllPoints()
	MultiCastActionBarFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "CENTER", 0, -200)

local dummy = function() return end
	MultiCastActionBarFrame.SetParent = dummy
	MultiCastActionBarFrame.SetPoint = dummy
end
The first part attaches the totem bar to something "safe", and moves it up below the center of your screen. Play with the SetPoint line to get it where you want it.

The second part is needed because Blizzard's code unnecessarily reattaches the totem bar to the main bar on certain events, causing it to be hidden again. By overwriting the attachment and positioning functions on the totem bar with an empty function that doesn't actually do anything, the Blizzard code can safely run without ruining things.

10-09-09, 12:42 AM   #162
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by KiwiiDawn View Post
can you please tell me where in the file to put this. I would love to be able to use the functions of changing my multi totems spells. You say to open any addon's . lua to do so but i don't find one listed as that , and not sure if you mean any of the file's with in the mod or a named one. let alone as to where to put it.
I meant exactly what I said. Any file with a .lua extension, belonging to any addon. Logically, it would make the most sense to add it to one of Macaroon's files, but practically it doesn't matter where you put it.

Open Macaroon.lua in Windows Notepad or any other plain-text editor. Go to the end of the file. Hit Enter a few times so you're on a new line with some space above. Copy and paste the code I posted earlier. Save and close the file. Reload your UI or restart WoW.

You will probably want to change the position; to do that, tweak the numbers in the SetPoint line. The first number (0 in the code I posted) controls how far off-center on the X-axis (horiztonal) to move the totem bar, relative to the center of the screen. The second number (-200 in my code) controls how far to move the bottom of the totem bar vertically from the center of the screen; negative numbers move it down, while positive numbers move it up. Using my code as posted, the totem bar will be centered horizontally, and moved a bit below the vertical center of the screen.

Last edited by Phanx : 10-09-09 at 12:44 AM.

10-11-09, 10:18 AM   #163
D2AWinter
A Defias Bandit
Sound

anyone know how to turn the sound off. I play with my sound off and pushing a key with mac turns the sound back on how do i stop this ?

10-11-09, 11:17 AM   #164
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by D2AWinter View Post
anyone know how to turn the sound off. I play with my sound off and pushing a key with mac turns the sound back on how do i stop this ?
I don't really think this question applies to Macaroon, perhaps you would be better off asking it in a different forum? You may get more responses.

10-11-09, 01:52 PM   #165
D2AWinter
A Defias Bandit
yep

if i turned mac off and pushing a key does not turn my sound back on. if i even mount useing a mac key my sound comes on if i turn mac off and mount sound stays off not sure why it is doing that

10-11-09, 04:25 PM   #166
wobina
A Murloc Raider
Hi, I'm having a problem where whenever I log out some of my Macaroon bars are changed. This is how my pet bar and mouse-over bar show up whenever I log out and in:

http://i33.tinypic.com/zips1x.jpg

The only way I've found to fix the problem is by going into /mac config and leaving again. Somehow when I go into the config it remembers my position settings and fixes them (without me actually changing any settings):

http://i38.tinypic.com/5f44l4.jpg

Does anyone know what I can do to make it remember the positions of my pet and mouse-over bars without having to load the config every time I play?

10-20-09, 12:44 PM   #167
wobina
A Murloc Raider
I'm still around checking this thread in desperation if anyone happens to know a solution to my problem.

10-20-09, 07:51 PM   #168
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by wobina View Post
Does anyone know what I can do to make it remember the positions of my pet and mouse-over bars without having to load the config every time I play?
I've had the same annoying problem.
The way I solved my issue, was to rename all my bars, from what Macaroon named them when made. I don't know if this would solve your problem, but it's worth a try.

10-20-09, 11:20 PM   #169
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by wobina View Post
Hi, I'm having a problem where whenever I log out some of my Macaroon bars are changed. This is how my pet bar and mouse-over bar show up whenever I log out and in:

http://i33.tinypic.com/zips1x.jpg

The only way I've found to fix the problem is by going into /mac config and leaving again. Somehow when I go into the config it remembers my position settings and fixes them (without me actually changing any settings):

http://i38.tinypic.com/5f44l4.jpg

I had a similar problem affecting me for some time, it realized (for me) it was leaving "SnapTo" checked on the bars in question. I found that after placing my bars (with SnapTo enabled) and getting them where I wanted, I could UNCHECK SnapTo on all bars, save the profile, and they would not move, and I would no longer experience this bug. Worth a shot, it worked for me, happy troubleshooting.

10-25-09, 02:09 PM   #170
wobina
A Murloc Raider
Thank you both for the responses. I've tried both and neither worked. My bars were all set with "Snap To" unchecked so I tried re-checking, then unchecking again. I tried renaming the bars in question as well and they still feel the need to reposition themselves.

11-09-09, 03:07 AM   #171
timinator1
A Defias Bandit
Can someone please tell me if this is possible.

I have different bindings for duals spec, love that feature.

And what I want is a new set bindings and action bars for my other spec that I just respec to play in much the same way (if possible) that it is now. I have seen the profile feature but am unsure if this could accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

11-09-09, 08:58 AM   #172
JMHammer
A Defias Bandit
Yes, just create another profile to load.

11-10-09, 03:27 AM   #173
Phanx
Cat.

However, it's worth mentioning that profiles only store bindings associated with Macaroon buttons. Any bindings assigned directly to spells or macros through MacaroonBound aren't stored in profiles, so there's no way to change them when you switch specs.

11-19-09, 08:59 AM   #174
Perrin
A Defias Bandit
I'm trying to set a second machine up as a healbot machine using Macaroon. I've set up a bar with the appropriate buttons etc, and it all works. However, when I log out and log in again, I get this message:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Macaroon\Macaroon_KeyBinder.lua:735: Usage: SaveBindings(1|2)
Time: Fri Nov 20 00:42:06 2009
Count: 1
Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function `SaveBindings'
Interface\AddOns\Macaroon\Macaroon_KeyBinder.lua:735: in function `ApplyBindings'
Interface\AddOns\Macaroon\Macaroon_Bars.lua:2551: in function `UpdateElements'
Interface\AddOns\Macaroon\Macaroon_Bars.lua:2868: in function <Interface\AddOns\Macaroon\Macaroon_Bars.lua:2849>

Locals: (*temporary) = 1635416681
I have synchronizeBindings turned off (set to "0") so that I can remap the keypad to a pile of healing macros created in Macaroon. Unfortunately due to the above error I think, whenever I try to use the keybindings, I have to remap everything again before I can use any of the buttons.

Using Macaroon is the only solution we could come up with to get around the fact that Blizzard doesn't have a "synchronizeActionBars" setting that I can turn off, so I'm hoping there's a solution here.

11-26-09, 04:08 AM   #175
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question No possess option and no blizzard bar

I have a serious challenge to overcome here, and I really hope someone can assist me.

I was about to do the Pilgrims Bounty quests. Took the quest, sat at the table ... but no vehicle/possess bars appeared. And therefore, I can't eat and I can't dismount the chair either

I then tried to make a possess bar in macaroon, but unfortunately I discovered that there is no possess option to check, in the Bar settings menu of macaroon

Ok, no problem I thought, I'll just activate Blizzards own vehicle bar. I checked this option in the Macaroon menu ... but no Blizzard bar appeared.

So now, I'm really frustrated ... please help someone.

12-09-09, 08:50 PM   #176
AKomie
A Kobold Labourer
After the 3.3.0 patch I noticed a cyclic hang occuring ever 2-3 seconds in the display. I've updated the relevent mods I use and it persists.

I spent some time toggling mods off/on and found the hang stopped when I disabled Carbonite. I like Carbonite, and friends told me they had no issues with it post-patch, so I re-enabled it and continued do the list to see if there might be another culprit.

I found disabling "Macaroon: Bag & Menu Bars" also eliminates the "pause".

I'm able to to compensate the loss of functionality from that feature by enabling those features in CTmod. However, I curious as to whether anyone else has experienced the same issue running Carbonite and Macroon together?

12-12-09, 02:41 PM   #177
Dakgu
A Defias Bandit
how does the state thing work? when i check the state, example shift, all it does is disapear in that state, where i want it to show up when i press shift. So i got like my normal stuff, then when i hold shift it shows a whole new set of spells

also, where are the pet bar commands, (aggresive, stay, follow, defensive, passive etc)

Last edited by Dakgu : 12-12-09 at 03:58 PM.

12-12-09, 07:15 PM   #178
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Dakgu View Post
how does the state thing work? when i check the state, example shift, all it does is disapear in that state, where i want it to show up when i press shift. So i got like my normal stuff, then when i hold shift it shows a whole new set of spells

also, where are the pet bar commands, (aggresive, stay, follow, defensive, passive etc)

Macaroon has a learning curve when coming from other bar addons. Each state has it's own set of buttons to control and by default each state starts with zero buttons. You have to add buttons to each state you enable.

Now, to do this without having do anything weird, while in config mode merely left-click on the bar and it will cycle through each active state. When you add buttons, it will add it to whichever state you are currently on while clicking through the states.

Now, for pet buttons, you need to enter button edit mode and by default the buttons are set to type "macro". You will want to set them to type "pet" and ensure each has a unique pet ID number, which range from 1 to 10.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

12-12-09, 07:32 PM   #179
Dakgu
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Macaroon has a learning curve when coming from other bar addons. Each state has it's own set of buttons to control and by default each state starts with zero buttons. You have to add buttons to each state you enable.

Now, to do this without having do anything weird, while in config mode merely left-click on the bar and it will cycle through each active state. When you add buttons, it will add it to whichever state you are currently on while clicking through the states.

Now, for pet buttons, you need to enter button edit mode and by default the buttons are set to type "macro". You will want to set them to type "pet" and ensure each has a unique pet ID number, which range from 1 to 10.
yea thanks, i managed to get the pet bar worked out before this(although i accidently removed passive..... which led to not being able to get it back and having to tame a new pet......) anyways.... i dont know why the click to cycle didnt clue in, i kept doing that on the bars and stuff when i was trying to get passive back.... anyways again - thankyou

12-13-09, 06:00 AM   #180
MMOGames
A Murloc Raider

Right-hand options -
Paged Bar: Toggles bar paging, allowing for up to 6 unique pages.
Stance: Toggles stance paging for classes that have stances/forms.
Prowl: Toggles a special stance state for druid prowling.
Pet: Toggles pet paging based on pet's existence.
Stealth: Toggles paging based on any stealth condition except for druid prowl.
Reaction: Toggles a bar switching states based on current target's hostile/friendly reaction.
Combat: Toggles a bar that will switch states based on combat status.
Group: Toggles a bar that will switch states based on group status.
Possess: Toggles a state to show special buttons when possessing another creature.
Vehicle: Toggles a state to show special buttons when using a vehicle.
Alt Key: Toggles a state to show when the alt key is held down.
Ctrl Key: Toggles a state to show when the ctrl key is held down.
Shift Key: Toggles a state to show when the shift key is held down.
Custom: Allows for defining custom states using the macro system conditionals.
Autohide: Toggle AutoHide for current bar
Showgrid: Toggle the current bar's showgrid flag
SnapTo: Toggle SnapTo for current bar
Hidden: Toggle a bar as always hidden while not in configuration mode.
Dual Spec: Toggle a bar to allow it's buttons to update data based on current spec.
This section need an updated

One Question:

Since I hate the default Vehicle Bar I've made mine using Macaroon with no problem but one. The hotkeys cant be the same as the first bar that is hidden now because I marked Control Bar.

Are there any way to disable the hidden bar HK or make the first bar act like Controled and Vehicle bar at the same time?

Thank you Maul for your great addon

Last edited by MMOGames : 12-13-09 at 07:14 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread