04-04-13, 08:36 AM   #1
Brian1
A Kobold Labourer
Used Carbonite for years

I've been a long time user of Carbonite, during the portions on and off when I have played World of Warcraft and supporter through all that time. However, I no longer feel any support towards this project. After sloppy programming resulting in error after error...an ongoing issue not being resolved, and just plain lack of caring toward the project by the developer I will no longer be using the addon.

I updated to the most recent version (this has happened about 4 times since the release of Mists), I log on to find 8 errors just for logging on, another one when I open the map, another one when I click on a flight path preventing me from using it. Quest items not working (providing yet another error) from the Carbonite quest menu, and countless other errors resulting from simple everyday usage including walking around. All of this and more has turned this once prime addon into a well...I won't go there.

Sucks to say it but so long Carbonite!

04-04-13, 10:32 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The horror!

The way I see it you have 2 options:
1. You fix it yourself.
2. You provide as much information as you can to the developer so they can try to solve it on their end.

If you can't do (1) then (2) means, you note the errors you got exactly, the version of Carbonite you were using, and any other relevant info (Client language, OS, your level, the area you were playing in etc)

With the info you provided you don't need developer attention, you need a psychic detective.

Last edited by Dridzt : 04-04-13 at 10:45 AM.

04-04-13, 10:51 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Interesting... only 4 updates since MoP? I could of sworn i've done 18 updates, not counting the alpha releases. General consensus is that i'm providing more care towards the addon then has been shown in years.

Sorry you feel that way about it, but I'm not a mind reader to even start to say what could of went wrong for you, but I can say thousands of other people are using it without these errors you speak of, and if it was erroring that badly I'd be dropping all my work on the next version to fix it.

04-04-13, 11:35 AM   #4
braindead
A Kobold Labourer
i have to say i am happy with Carbonite . sure with any addons there are errors but you have to give Dev info so they know what to try and look for and try to make it happen so that they can fix it . i have used other add-ons but i like Carbonite the best . i am sorry you have giving up on Carbonite .

i like to say please dont let the few that may be more louder then others . make you think that your work on Carbonite is not Respected . so please keep up the Great work .

04-04-13, 01:34 PM   #5
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

I bet he updated via the carboniteaddon.com website and not from here or curse...

04-04-13, 02:57 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The download link for carboniteaddon.com links to the download page here (and has for years, iirc).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-04-13, 07:35 PM   #7
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Interesting... I honestly didn't know that >.<

04-05-13, 05:54 AM   #8
pqee
A Fallenroot Satyr
I have a feeling the OP has no idea the project has been taken over by an active developer who's working solo on this enormous project.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Used Carbonite for years