12-31-09, 12:51 PM   #201
shifth
A Murloc Raider
I need help with Macaroon:
I am rogue, when i am not steahled, i wish the 1 bar will be shown, and when i go to steahl i wish this bar will be hidden and other one will apear... how can i do this ??

12-31-09, 08:00 PM   #202
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

using Macaroon: XP & Rep Bars on some chars, usually high lvl chars, i dont see the rep bar and also if im enabling Show blizzard main bar i cant see it too until i restart the game...

i want to know please the files i need to keep if i delete wtf, interface, cache to have my profiles and stuff back in macaroon

Last edited by xromania™ : 01-02-10 at 06:08 AM.

01-01-10, 03:19 PM   #203
crimsondarksky
A Kobold Labourer
Mouseover deadzone

Hey --
First, thank you for the great AddOn, I love it.

I have used Macaroon since it changed over from Trinity and I recently came upon an issue:

When I created my UI, I imported the 'layout', by loading a profile from another character, then editing it and saving it as a new one. This worked fine, until
I realized I had a small deadzone.
This deadzone went from about the bottom-middle of my screen, to the left. This deadzone was still interactive with the buttons I had there (the buttons that had bindings, I could still use), but I couldn't mouse-click on any of them.

It only happened on like 4 buttons, but I cannot seem to find a fix for it, aside from starting over from scratch and seeing where that takes me.

--Dingho

01-02-10, 11:21 PM   #204
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by shifth View Post
I need help with Macaroon:
I am rogue, when i am not steahled, i wish the 1 bar will be shown, and when i go to steahl i wish this bar will be hidden and other one will apear... how can i do this ??
If you actually want Bar #1 to disappear and a totally separate Bar #2 to appear when you stealth, do this:

1. Enter config mode ("/mac config").
2. Right-click on Bar #1. Check the checkbox next to "Stealth." Close the config dialog.
3. Left-click on Bar #1 to cycle through state pages. Add buttons to the non-stealth state (I think it's called "Regular" or "Normal") and put abilities on them. Do not add buttons to the "Stealthed" state.
4. Right-click on Bar #2. Check the checkbox next to "Stealth". Close the config dialog.
5. Left-click on Bar #2 to cycle through state pages. Do not add buttons to the non-stealth state. Add buttons to the "Stealthed" state and put abilities on them.

Alternatively (and more sensibly, in my view) you could simply have the same bar display different abilities based on whether or not you were stealthed. To do that, follow the above steps, except don't do 4 or 5, and in step 3 do add buttons and abilities to the "Stealthed" state. Remember, bars can have different numbers of buttons in different states, and can have different key bindings in different states.

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
i want to know please the files i need to keep if i delete wtf, interface, cache to have my profiles and stuff back in macaroon
Macaroon's settings are stored here:
World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/SavedVariables/Macaroon.lua

Both of the Macaroon plugins I use (Profiles and Bound) store their settings through Macaroon itself, so their settings are in the same file, but it's possible other plugins store their settings in their own files; those will be in the same location, and their name will match the plugin's name. For instance, if you had a plugin called Macaroon_DoStuff that stored its settings in its own file, that file would be named "Macaroon_DoStuff.lua", and would be in the same place as Macaroon's file.

That applies to any addon, so if you ever need to backup or remove a specific addon's settings, you can just delete its stored settings file. Deleting your entire Cache, WDB, and/or WTF files is overkill and is pretty much never needed for any reason. Some addons store settings in a character-specific file; you can find those files here:
World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/ServerName/CharacterName/SavedVariables/AddonName.lua

01-03-10, 04:01 AM   #205
Ashkiran
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hello,

After a break I installed Mac again.
Like I always do, my bar 1 in Mac is normal, control, shift, alt and control.
Everything works fine, except that when I log in it says MacaroonBars 1 hit 2 and I have to hit control for example to get the normal state visible.
Is there a work-around for this?

EDIT: Only removing control as a possible state for the affected bar, seems to remove the problem and the bar is visible when logging in.
Still looking for a solution though to integrate control in the main bar.
Control and the modifiers can't seem to live together in one bar.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ashkiran : 01-03-10 at 02:46 PM.

01-03-10, 12:54 PM   #206
Hangar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Ashkiran View Post
when I log in it says MacaroonBars 1 hit 2
I've been getting that for a while now upon every login:

MacaroonBars1
hit2
MacaroonBars2
hit2
MacaroonBars3
hit2

What does it mean? I thought maybe it was a debug mode that was left on but it's not going away even after updates. I'm using Mac in only the most basic way, as a few extra ability bars.

Thanks

01-04-10, 05:25 PM   #207
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

/changeactionbar command and Macaroon?

How do I make a bar respond to the /changeactionbar slash command? I ask, because several of my favorite macro methods involve a sequence or cascade of macros on different actionbars.

An example: My Warlock in Affliction spec has to stack a LOT of Dots, and Haunt...but Haunt has a cooldown, so I set it up with two macros:

Actionbar 1:

/castseqence reset=target Haunt,Unstable Affliction,Shoot
/changeactionbar 2

Actionbar 2:

/castseqence reset=target Corruption,Curse of Agony,Shoot
/changeactionbar 1

The idea is, if Haunt is on cooldown, I can still put the instant DOTs on.

01-05-10, 10:11 PM   #208
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Redwood Elf View Post
How do I make a bar respond to the /changeactionbar slash command?
You need to set your bar up to use the [actionbar:N] states, where N is the page number from 1 to 6. There are two ways to do this:

#1 - Check the "Paged Bar" option in the bar config window (right-click on a bar while in config mode). This will add 6 new pages to your bar, one for each actionbar state.

#2 - Check the "Custom" option in the bar config window and specify your own pages. This will allow you to combine pages and effectively have less than 6 states. For example, I have a paged bar with only 3 "actual" pages:
Code:
[actionbar:1] [actionbar:4]
[actionbar:2] [actionbar:5]
[actionbar:3] [actionbar:6]
Edit:
With custom states you can actually combine more conditonals, and could effectively have (for instance) 6 in-combat pages and 6 out-of-combat pages:
Code:
[actionbar:1] [combat]
[actionbar:1]
[actionbar:2] [combat]
[actionbar:2]
[actionbar:3] [combat]
[actionbar:3]
[actionbar:4] [combat]
[actionbar:4]
[actionbar:5] [combat]
[actionbar:5]
[actionbar:6] [combat]
[actionbar:6]
The /changeactionbar command should work as expected even with "combo" pages like the above.

Last edited by Phanx : 01-05-10 at 10:13 PM.

01-07-10, 07:38 PM   #209
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

OK...next question.

I can create casting bars with the optional Macaroon Cast Bars...

How do I make a cast bar for someone other than myself? At the moment, all of the cast bars I make show MY casts, not whoever they're "linked" to.

(Edit) So, I gather that macaroon cannot create a casting bar for your target, focus, party1,party2, etc?

Last edited by Redwood Elf : 01-08-10 at 05:22 PM.

01-08-10, 08:58 PM   #210
Cowisimoo
A Defias Bandit
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'd like to create a bar that pages with my druid's form, but is only visible during combat. I thought this would be achievable by checking the combat button, but that seems to just create another "page" on the button bar for combat. My next thought was that I could achieve this with the "custom" section but the only documentation I can find on that is:

Custom States: Allows the entry of custom bar state conditionals using the in-game macro syntax. Place a new state condition on a new line. For example -

[stance:1, mod:shift]
[stance:1, mod:alt]
[stance:1, mod:ctrl]
[stance:1]

Is there more documentation/posts anywhere on how to use the custom states button?

Thanks,

Cow

01-09-10, 02:22 AM   #211
Phanx
Cat.

Each line defines a set of conditions, and creates a separate page on the bar. Whenever a condition changes, the list is checked, and the bar changes to the page attached to the first set of conditions that matches the current conditions.

Your example would create one page for "in bear form, with shift pressed", one for "in bear form, with alt pressed", one for "in bear form, with ctrl pressed", and one for "in bear form". Due to the order, if you're in bear form and have both shift and alt pressed, you'll get the first page ("in bear form, with shift pressed").

If you wanted one page for "in bear form, in combat" and one for "in cat form, in combat", and no page shown at any other time, you'd do:

[stance:1, combat]
[stance:3, combat]
[]

The empty set of conditions at the end creates a "default" page that is used when no other set of conditions matches. To effectively hide the bar, you'd simply not add any buttons to the page for that state. You must specify it though, because if no set of conditions matches, Macaroon will default to the first defined state ("in bear form, in combat") which is not what you want.

01-10-10, 10:27 AM   #212
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

Problem: In Drak'Tharon Keep, when shapeshifted into a skeleton, the skeleton's abilities are not mapped onto any macaroon bars.

What conditions would I use on a custom bar to make it appear only when skeletonized to use the skeleton's abilities? The macros would be something like:

/use [harm]Slaying Strike
/startattack

/use [harm]Taunt

/use Bone Armor

/use [harm]Touch of Life

Also, is there a way to save a single bar and all it's macros to copy it to all my characters, instead of just manually creating it for each character?

01-12-10, 09:37 PM   #213
Cowisimoo
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for that answer, it works perfectly!

01-13-10, 12:36 AM   #214
Phanx
Cat.

Problem: In Drak'Tharon Keep, when shapeshifted into a skeleton, the skeleton's abilities are not mapped onto any macaroon bars.
Use the [bonusbar:5] state. This state will also show you the abilities for your vehicle or your mind-control victim, without the need to macro specific abilities for every such situation in the game.

01-13-10, 12:00 PM   #215
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Use the [bonusbar:5] state. This state will also show you the abilities for your vehicle or your mind-control victim, without the need to macro specific abilities for every such situation in the game.
So just add buttons to that state/bar, and they will automap, without having to set visibility to things like "am I on a vehicle, posessing something, or shapeshifted to something nonstandard?"

Or is there some macro I'd need to put on the buttons in that state to map them to actions on bonusbar 5? Like:

#showtooltip
/click bonusbar:5:1

Last edited by Redwood Elf : 01-13-10 at 12:41 PM.

01-14-10, 02:25 AM   #216
Phanx
Cat.

See the Macaroon FAQ, under "How do I make a pet or possess bar that works?":

http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...=faq&faqid=351

01-14-10, 11:21 AM   #217
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

Mkay...got that, but now all I need is an answer to the "hitting a hotkey if something is on your mouse pointer swaps the macro on the hotkeyed button with whatever is on the mouse pointer instead of executing the macro on the button"

That's obviously NOT a feature, it's a bug. If you're rearranging your bags when you get attacked, you can seriously mess up your actionbar!

Imagine this: You have a stack of potions on your pointer, and a rogue Cheap shots you.

1) You try to hit your trinket, but instead it puts the potion stack where your trinket was, and you now have your trinket on the mousebar.
2) Not noticing that trinket didn't trigger, you hit an attack button...your trinket is now on your attack button, and you have your attack macro on your mouse pointer.
3) you thnk...WTF, I'm still stunned? and try to hit your trinket again. Now you have the potion stack again, and your attack is where your trinket was.
4) You're down to low health now, as the rogue's stun finally wears off, so you try to hit a heal...and drop the potion stack where your heal was, and your heal macro is now on your pointer.

I'm seriously hoping there's a fix to prevent this kind of thing.

EDIT: Ok, so this is a silly example, combat lockdown would probably prevent the swaps, but it's still a problem.

Last edited by Redwood Elf : 01-14-10 at 11:28 AM.

01-15-10, 01:21 AM   #218
Phanx
Cat.

That's simply the way Blizzard designed the UI to work. It would be a lot of added code complexity for Macaroon to "fix" it, and would cause Macaroon's behavior to be inconsistent with the behavior seen in the default UI and in every other actionbar addon I've ever used (which includes all of the major ones currently in circulation). How often are you really pressing actionbar hotkeys (or any keys, for that matter) while you have an item on the cursor?

01-15-10, 08:43 AM   #219
Redwood Elf
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
That's simply the way Blizzard designed the UI to work. It would be a lot of added code complexity for Macaroon to "fix" it, and would cause Macaroon's behavior to be inconsistent with the behavior seen in the default UI and in every other actionbar addon I've ever used (which includes all of the major ones currently in circulation). How often are you really pressing actionbar hotkeys (or any keys, for that matter) while you have an item on the cursor?
Um, no, this is a new behavior that started only AFTER I started using Macaroon...I've been doing this kind of thing for years...and it messes up two macros I use a LOT which require an item to be on the mouse cursor to work:

/script local itemType, itemID, itemLink = GetCursorInfo() if itemLink then print("item:"..itemID) end

and

/run local itemType, itemID, itemLink = GetCursorInfo() if itemID then SendChatMessage("WTS "..(select(2,GetItemInfo(itemID))).." - PST with offer","channel",nil,2) end

If this behavior were normal, those macros would NEVER have worked, and until I installed Macaroon, they did.

edit: temporarily removed Macaroon and tried the above macros on the vanilla interface. The Swap behavior is DEFINITELY a Macaroon thing.

In addition, it even happens with "button lock" enabled! The only thing that makes it work right is to be in combat. With combat lock on, the macro WILL be executed instead of swapping. However, it's a bit lame to have to pause in the middle of combat (or get into combat in a city) to use my macros.

Last edited by Redwood Elf : 01-15-10 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Further details

01-17-10, 02:15 AM   #220
Phanx
Cat.

Um, no, this is a new behavior that started only AFTER I started using Macaroon
Eh, even when I used the default unit frames, I clearly remember many occasions where I pressed the hotkey assigned to the button that had my mount on it, and instead of mounting, swapping the mount and the other item/macro/spell/whatever on my cursor onto that button.

That said, I've never used macros that read info about the item on the cursor and spam it in chat, so the default UI's behavior may be different there.

Have you considered using GetMouseFocus() instead of GetCursorInfo() and just hovering over the item you want to spam?

Also, you're not the only one who's "been doing this for years" so please save your condescension. You never described the behavior you were trying to achieve (a macro reading information about an item on the cursor), so I went with the experience I had, or had heard of. If you give only a vague description of a problem, don't expect a completely relevant and accurate answer.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread