12-18-12, 07:21 PM   #1
seralyn
A Murloc Raider
Question Seeking Specific Chat Window Addon

I have watched a lot of WoW You Tube vids and noticed a lot of people have a nice clean looking chat window system that allows then to have one window for chat/junk on the bottom left, and another with XP/Battle Info on the bottom right (or vice versa) I would love to get a new addon for the chat window, as the one I am using (Prat) does not do this the way I would like it to.

I do not want to click and drag my current windows for chat left and right. The tabs look messy, and the text window stretches clear across the screen to meet up with the bottom right window whenever I type. Urgh - not nice.

I will link to a video that has exactly what I want in a chat window addon, but I do not want an entire UI as I am happy with Domino's and SUF, and fear I will lose the ability to use them as I really don`t know too much about entire UI Addons.

Link to view the style of chat box I am looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO6HOeAQuuk
12-18-12, 08:29 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please just post a link to a screenshot in the future; nobody really wants to watch a blurry video with annoying music just to look at the layout of UI elements.

Here is a screenshot:
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/v...7-11-35-85.png

This is done doing exactly what you say you don't want to do -- the combat log frame is undocked and moved to the right, while the other chat frames remain docked together on the left. If your chat addon is showing you stretched-out tabs and screwing up the chat input box when you undock a window, it's doing something wrong; play around with the addon's options to make it less ugly, or just get a better chat addon.
12-18-12, 08:59 PM   #3
seralyn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Please just post a link to a screenshot in the future; nobody really wants to watch a blurry video with annoying music just to look at the layout of UI elements.

Here is a screenshot:
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/v...7-11-35-85.png

This is done doing exactly what you say you don't want to do -- the combat log frame is undocked and moved to the right, while the other chat frames remain docked together on the left. If your chat addon is showing you stretched-out tabs and screwing up the chat input box when you undock a window, it's doing something wrong; play around with the addon's options to make it less ugly, or just get a better chat addon.
I had no idea it would post the video like that and not just a link. I didn't post it in an effort to make people watch a 'blurry video with annoying music', it was merely a reference.

Last edited by seralyn : 12-18-12 at 09:55 PM.
12-18-12, 09:48 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Prat should be able to do exactly what you want. If the editbox (the area where you type) is stretched out in some way, then there's something wrong. Does the same behavior happen when Prat is the only addon enabled? Have you ensured that you are running the most up-to-date version of Prat?

I haven't used Prat in some time (I wrote my own addon called ChipperChat - you can see it plus many others in the Chat Mods download category) but you can hide your chat tabs until mouseover (or forever, iirc) and you can justify the text in the right chat frame to the right side of the screen.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Seeking Specific Chat Window Addon