10-06-12, 03:49 AM   #1
Chosen_Chaos
A Murloc Raider
Quest tracker shenanigans

Recently, I've been having a few issues with the quest tracker - well, only one, but it's a pretty big one. Namely, from time to time, it'll stop tracking the nearest quest objective and latch on to the nearest archaeology dig site instead. I do have Archy installed, but this issue has only come up with the latest Carbonite update.

Edit to add: It'll also do it when I'm not actually tracking any quests.

Last edited by Chosen_Chaos : 10-06-12 at 04:59 AM.

10-07-12, 10:50 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know if this will help your situation, but check to see if you are tracking dig sites in the Blizzard tracking utility. Just click on the magnifying glass minimap icon and see if "Dig Sites" is checked in the menu. If it is, try unchecking it to see if that stops the problem.

I also have Archy installed and have not, as yet, had this problem. However, I also don't have Archy active at all times. I only activate it (that's how I look at it and I don't really know if my terminology is correct) when I plan to work on leveling my Archaeology skill. By activating, I simply mean that I don't open Archy's on-screen lists until I have a need for them. As I said, though, I really have no idea if that makes any difference at all in how Archy works.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-08-12, 03:38 AM   #3
Chosen_Chaos
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I don't know if this will help your situation, but check to see if you are tracking dig sites in the Blizzard tracking utility. Just click on the magnifying glass minimap icon and see if "Dig Sites" is checked in the menu. If it is, try unchecking it to see if that stops the problem.

I also have Archy installed and have not, as yet, had this problem. However, I also don't have Archy active at all times. I only activate it (that's how I look at it and I don't really know if my terminology is correct) when I plan to work on leveling my Archaeology skill. By activating, I simply mean that I don't open Archy's on-screen lists until I have a need for them. As I said, though, I really have no idea if that makes any difference at all in how Archy works.
Funnily enough, I actually did have the default tracking turned on. So I turned it off, which seems to have fixed the issue, based on limited testing (~30 minutes of play time). Interestingly, putting Archy into "stealth mode" (still running, but on-screen lists hidden), seems to cause Carbonite to latch onto a dig site over the nearest quest objective.

Edit to add: Nope, just had Carbonite spontaneously switch from quest objective to dig site with Archy in stealth mode. I'm going to bring the lists up and see if anything happens there.

Edit 2: Nope, it's still happening.

Last edited by Chosen_Chaos : 10-08-12 at 04:07 AM.

10-08-12, 01:38 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I'm sorry it didn't help. Like I said, I don't have that problem, though, and I just can't think of anything else to do.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-09-12, 02:12 AM   #5
Chosen_Chaos
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Well, I'm sorry it didn't help. Like I said, I don't have that problem, though, and I just can't think of anything else to do.
Yeah, it's a weird thing. I guess the only thing left to do is fully deactivate Archy and see what happens. I'm reluctant to do that, though.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest tracker shenanigans