04-25-12, 01:50 AM   #1
Qupe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Compilation Description

This is just a general question - mainly because I'm personally curious:

What actually defines an a compilation as a "Suite" under the suite category?

I generally get the other categories, but have neglected to include my UI to that section as a multi-category option because I'm not actually sure what it means.

I took it to mean a complete interface replacement (not just a set of unitframes and actionbars); but if that is true wouldn't almost any of the "all-in-one" interfaces like FreeUI, LerbUI, AllezUI, etc... fit into that section?

Basically: how is the "suite" category different from any of the other categories - or does it mean a complete interface replacement; and if it is, what defines a compilation as a full interface replacement?

(this is legitimately a question I've had for a while, I have no negative or presumptuous thoughts/intentions towards other interfaces in or not in that section)
04-25-12, 12:16 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The Suites category is reserved for those UIs which are either custom-coded from the ground up (or at least predominantly so) or where the author has taken great pains and skill in Lua-coding to ensure a unified experience (customized edits of the addons, etc.). An example of a UI meeting the first requirement is nUI. An example for the second is LUI.

/edit: Authors in this category are given the "Addon Author" tag, whereas other compilation authors are given the "Addon Compiler" tag.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 04-25-12 at 12:18 PM.
04-25-12, 04:00 PM   #3
Qupe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks ma'am!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Compilation Description