10-17-08, 07:47 AM   #161
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

I'm rather new to trying to use action bar mods and macros.
My UI is quite cluttered and I was trying to find a way to neaten it up.
On my paladin, I did get Macaroon set up and working with a nice small 2x6 buff bar instead of the big clunky sphere mod I had been using, so that's a start!

I've seen interface screenshots where people have hidden the default Blizzard UI and instead, there's a box full of buttons on the bottom. Their other bars such as experience/rep is shrunk or moved...the buttons that you bring up your char, quest log, help screen, etc. are moved. Paladin auras are moved.
I tried hiding the default "Blizzard Main Bar" in Macaroon, but I don't know how to get all those other elements back - my paladin auras etc. are gone.
Is this something I can use Macaroon to customize, keeping in mind that I'm a novice? Should I be using something different for that?

Thanks for your hard work,

-T.

10-17-08, 08:37 AM   #162
sohvan
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
@sohvan - Try version 22.8 to see if the problem is fixed.
I tried both the 22.8 and 22.9 and neither one fixed the problem. The "§" key still doesn't work if keybinded to any ability. I also tried disabling all addons except macaroon to make sure it isn't any other one interfering, and it still didn't work. I'm using a finnish keyboard if it makes any difference.

10-17-08, 09:22 AM   #163
Malsis
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sohvan View Post
I tried both the 22.8 and 22.9 and neither one fixed the problem. The "§" key still doesn't work if keybinded to any ability. I also tried disabling all addons except macaroon to make sure it isn't any other one interfering, and it still didn't work. I'm using a finnish keyboard if it makes any difference.
I have a Mac with the "§" key and it's never worked on anything I've used (wow, that is) so far.

10-17-08, 10:03 AM   #164
sohvan
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Malsis View Post
I have a Mac with the "§" key and it's never worked on anything I've used (wow, that is) so far.
It worked fine for me with trinitybars, and it works fine for me with the default blizzard bars.

10-17-08, 11:04 AM   #165
Tone
A Defias Bandit

Hi there,

I had a few questions that I was hoping the Macaroon community might be able to help with. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ or other documentation, but I apologize if I missed my questions already being answered elsewhere.

1. The first question is about button modifiers in macros. I've been trying to use macros that activate different spells based on left or right click. Here's an example:

/cast [target=party1] [button:1] Abolish Poison; [button:2] Remove Curse

This macro targets a party member and cleanses either poison or curse depending on left or right click. I've used these kinds of macros successfully in the past, but Macaroon doesn't seem to pass the [button:x] info when I click (it would cast Abolish Poison no matter which button I click with). I know that Macaroon lets you set a predefined target for right-clicks in the Config, but is there any way to have Macaroon buttons simply run standard macro syntax like my example above?

2. My second question is related to what Malsis asked above (about manually showing and hiding bars). Is there a way to send Macaroon commands to specific bars in the command line? Something like:

/mac hidden "bar 2" false

Because if so, I would imagine you could put that command onto a macro button and just click it when you wanted to hide the bar (or keybind it as Malsis wanted).

3. My last question is just a silly, minor one: is it possible to set a macro button to have no icon at all? Sometimes there's no particular icon that makes sense with a macro, and I'd rather just have the macro name with no background icon. Not a big deal, but I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

10-17-08, 11:21 AM   #166
Tone
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Tone View Post
/cast [target=party1] [button:1] Abolish Poison; [button:2] Remove Curse
I think I just realized why my macros weren't working. I think they need to look like this:

/cast [target=party1, button:1] Abolish Poison; [target=party1, button:2] Remove Curse

So please ignore my first question. I'm a dolt. But feel free to share any insight on the other two questions!

Thanks!

10-17-08, 01:19 PM   #167
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
Wth... I make a bar, set its target to focus, set the custom state to focustarget,exists , yet when my focus has a target, it does nothing. I try [target=focustarget,exists] , again nothing (keep in mind when I do this, in edit mode, over the bar it says:

Bar 1 - [target=focustarget,exists] homestate (not indexed)
or
Bar 1 - focustarget,exists homestate (not indexed)

So I try just target=focustarget,exists

Now it says:
Bar 1 - target=focus,exists homestate (not indexed)

WTH?

I'm trying to set my multiboxing back up -.-

I'ma tinker around with it some more, but help would be appreciated alot.

Edit: I'm trying to do this:

---

Bartender Setup

The bartender setup is detailed here but the brief overview is as follows.
Open bartender's configuration by typing /bt3 config.
Expand the bar you want to setup for spells and click on "button paging"
Set this to "Advanced"
Click "Edit States"
Add a new state
For condition put target=focustarget,exists
For unit put focustarget

You can do this for 1 bar, or 10 bars, I normally just have one that is handled this way, I dont waste "targetless" spells on it, such as totems, etc. The way this works is that if you have a focus who has a target you'll automatically assist them, if not, you'll just cast the spell as normal. Makes it useful to play solo or grouped.

---

But with Macaroon. Help

Last edited by Dragonsblaze : 10-17-08 at 01:32 PM.

10-17-08, 01:59 PM   #168
jojoza
A Murloc Raider
I occasionally deleted casting bar. Is there a way to get it back without resetting whole addon?

10-17-08, 02:30 PM   #169
TheSkarKrow
A Defias Bandit
Macaroon questions of course.

First off, I was not happy when I found out that Trinity had been discontinued, however, I have started using Macaroon and am very satisfied... very good work.

My questions are as follows:

How do I get a button bar to only show when I enter combat? I did click the Combat box but the disappears when I enter combat, i would like the opposite of that.

In Trinity I was able to delete individual buttons off of the option bar (the bar with the small computer icon, social, quest, etc...) how do I do this in Macaroon?

How does one go about changing the size of an individual button of an action bar? In Trinity I used the circled with one in the center setup, round button skin, and i would make the center button larger than the surrounding ones filling the space up in between the outer buttons... clear as mud, right.

Again Thank you for such a wonder full addon.

10-17-08, 02:30 PM   #170
extremist
A Kobold Labourer
Warlock Meta form stance?

How can I set my main bar to flip to a new stance bar like my druid does so I can see the spells and abilities for my demon form?

P.S. Maul, so glad you are keeping up with this, losing Cartographer (especially Quest Objectives) makes me realize how much more fun and enjoyable mods make this game!

10-17-08, 02:31 PM   #171
bane32
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy

I am one of the few that is sadly disappointed with the "NEW" Trinity. As a disabled player, I use a trackball for gaming. There is no mousewheel support. I was quite excited to see "Macaroon" out and installed and much to my dismay, I cannot use it because of this reason. I am stuck using Dominos which so far has been accomodating but still is not the same that I saw when using Trinity. Just wanted to put my two cents in.

Thanks

10-17-08, 03:03 PM   #172
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Originally Posted by bane32 View Post
I am one of the few that is sadly disappointed with the "NEW" Trinity. As a disabled player, I use a trackball for gaming. There is no mousewheel support. I was quite excited to see "Macaroon" out and installed and much to my dismay, I cannot use it because of this reason. I am stuck using Dominos which so far has been accomodating but still is not the same that I saw when using Trinity. Just wanted to put my two cents in.

Thanks
Hi Bane,

I think the config options are all available from the command line as well.
It was just a matter of typing /mac a bunch of times and drilling down all the options! Try temporarily enlarging your chat window so you can see them all.

I'm personally still trying to figure out if this particular addon is for me. I hope Maul can clarify the focus because I think it is now more focused on macro buttons and not so much on replacement action bars...are we trying to get it to be something it's not anymore?

Thanks!

-T.

10-17-08, 04:28 PM   #173
PJTMayhem
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Sounds like you may be a bit unfamiliar with Trinity/Macaroon

Each state (stance) has it's own unique set of buttons. Therefore, as a warrior, you will have to add buttons to the battle/defensive/berserker stances. This is a bit different than the other bar addons. It offers some unique flexibility.

So, while in config mode, simply left-click on the bar and it will cycle through each stance. When you get to each stance, add as many buttons are you need for that stance. Each stance can have an independent number of buttons. I hope this helps
I'm having the same problem as this guy. After I create the stance bar, and add 12 buttons to each stance, I exit the config mode and can't add any skills to the bar, it just vanishes and I can't add skills to it. I can add skills to any of the other bars, but not to any of the stance buttons.

10-17-08, 05:09 PM   #174
cjd
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by million1 View Post
i was up till the early hours of this morning setting this up and at about 2 this morning i somehow managed to get my bars working in both stanced and combat mode, but im not sure how or what i done different. i logged on today for a day of wow only to find all my work last night has gone and now i cant even get 1 bar to work properly in combat alone, even when i put my buttons on the battle page and don't turn on the stanced feature stanced.
I'm going to guess that you imported your old Trinity settings?

I ran into this exact set of problems - changes didn't stick, and after a couple failures and a bunch of tweaking to get things working right, boom - gone again after restarting WoW.

I believe this is a bug (and a rather nasty one) with using Imported data.

I removed the Macaroon saved settings (in WTF folder) and started from scratch - working perfectly now. As it turns out, I have far fewer buttons out now with some of the new abilities I've discovered in this nifty little add-on.

Good luck

(I'll be starting my druid tonight or tomorrow morning, we'll see how that goes - probably the most complex bar setup just supporting all the different forms and sub-forms)

10-17-08, 06:15 PM   #175
Jaffy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

First off: love your work

Secondly and more importantly: Macaroon seems to be generating garbage - a LOT of it, but I dont know if this is a bug or not. Like, in an AV match a few minutes ago, after a fresh garbage collect, Macaroon reads ~1mb worth of memory use. about 5 minutes later, Macaroon read a whopping 8mb - thats crazy. After a garbage collection, Macaroon goes back to its ~1mb state. So, any word on this will be much appreciated

10-17-08, 06:18 PM   #176
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
I have been having issues with my bag bar showing up centered when I log in. If I save my profile, log in a new toon, and load it, the bag bar shows up where I saved it, but when I log in, it's centered. (If it matters, I set it to one button because I use Combuctor for my bags.)

If you are having trouble with alt-self-cast not working: You have to pick "key for self-cast" in the Macaroon prefs (not just the WoW prefs), and you have to do that BEFORE dragging the spell onto the button! Knowing this, I am able to make it work.

10-17-08, 06:29 PM   #177
01Byte
A Murloc Raider

Hello,

First, let me say how much I appreciate the work that you have done on both, Trinity and now Macaroon. I have been a long time Trinity user and was also somewhat concerned about the switch.

Well, after spending a day or two configuring Macaroon, I must say I'm very happy with the "evolution" you have chosen to do.

I only have one glitch and I can't seem to find a cure for it.

Every time I restart my client, all of the "buttons" (including the bag button) appear in the center of my screen. Each time I have to activate the configuration mode and move them to their correct location.

Can you please give me any ideas on what might be causing this?

Many thanks.

10-17-08, 08:33 PM   #178
JohnJSal
A Murloc Raider
Can someone *please* explain to me how to set up a bar for a party member, and then duplicate that bar for the three other party members? I thought it might have something to do with the "link" option, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks.

P.S. How do I delete a bar I've created and don't need?

10-17-08, 09:29 PM   #179
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

@Malsis - Not yet, working on it.

@BorgkingZero - Left-click on the bar while in config mode until you are in the battle state. Turn off config mode, drag your spells to it

@Temper66 - ... easy, yes...need more time

@Mikla - Woot!

@Iolair - This is still possible. I should add it to the FAQ. What you have to is create a "driver" bar, a bar with no buttons but has the state changes you want, in this case combat. You then link your stance bar to that bar to it's "Battle" state.

@nisma - Same answer as Iolair. Also the retreat bar is the combat bar, but instead of adding buttons to "Battle" you add them to "Normal" and they will hide in combat.

@million1 - I am assuming all your questions got answered via the PM. If not, let me know

@budjb - Button level editing is still in the works. If you feel comfortable editing the saved var files, you can find the center button and edit it's scale value manually. A delete button is coming and so are the x/y coords.

@Tweeker - Anchor buttons are still in the works

@Tepetkhet - You need to get Macaroon Xtras and you have to create your own class bar for now. Macaroon will have all the major features of Trinity Bars, it is just still in beta and I have not gotten to them all yet

@sohvan - Still scratching my head on this one...and still working on it.

@Tone - In the works on hiding bars via slash An interesting idea...I will look into it. However, if you would make a post in the feature request section of my portal that would be great.

@Dragonsblaze - This is a bug with custom states, I am working on it.

@jojoza - /mac create cast then /mac add 1

@TheSkarKrow - See the FAQ Individual button editing is not in yet

@extremist - I am investigating this. and thanks!

@bane32 - I will be adding a new means to adjust the bars. This was an oversight on my part and I apologize.

@PJTMayhem - I have heard of this from some other people and trying to figure it out.

@cjd -

@Jaffy - Macaroon is still in beta. I however uploaded a performance fix. It still needs tweaking to be at top performance possible.

@seebs - Try the latest update of Macaroon Xtras where I try to address this issue.

@01Byte - Read the FAQ on settings not saving. there is a link there, see if it helps your problem

@JohnJSal - /mac delete to delete. Set each bar's target to each party member. Then either change the buttons to type "action" where the buttons will "listen" to the target set, or you will have to write your macros with the needed targeting, as macros only take their targeting from macro code.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-17-08, 09:36 PM   #180
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
holy hell! Look at you go!!

we love your work... hey, where is your "DONATE" button located at or what is your paypal aaddress?

I feel like sliding you a few bucks to say thanks

*cough* anchor buttons!

j/k

seriously though.. donate button or paypal email

Tweeker,

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!