08-11-13, 07:15 PM   #2601
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
The itemlevel shouldn't affect this Nib hes needing Inspectfix to adjust this issue. The tooltip itemlevel should not affect this because this has been an on going issue in RealUI since 7. Maybe integrate a type of inspect fix in the UI man.
Ahh.

08-11-13, 09:26 PM   #2602
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
Vehicle Par

I've been leveling a new toon lately and I can never get the vehicle bar to appear. When I am in a vehicle, I get a little indicator of some sort on the left side of my screen but I don't know what it is and it doesn't give a tooltip of any sort. So what is it? Also found that ctrl+# uses the vehicle abilities but not being able to see the bar is incredibly annoying. I have checked bartender to see if some of the custom conditionals are blocking it. I noticed that the vehicle bar was disabled but even enabling it did nothing.

The custom conditionals are

Bar 1
Code:
[mod:ctrl][target=focus,exists][harm,nodead][combat][group:party][group:raid][vehicleui]show;hide
Bar 2/3
Code:
[petbattle][overridebar][vehicleui][possessbar,@vehicle,exists]hide;
[mod:ctrl][target=focus,exists][harm,nodead][combat][group:party][group:raid][vehicleui]show;hide
Bar 4/5
Code:
[petbattle][overridebar][vehicleui][possessbar,@vehicle,exists]hide;[mod:ctrl]show;fade
Bar 6/7
Code:
[petbattle][overridebar][vehicleui][possessbar,@vehicle,exists]hide;[mod:ctrl][target=focus,exists][harm,nodead][combat][group:party][group:raid][vehicleui]show;hide

I don't remember messing with any of the bars but MAY have.

08-11-13, 09:30 PM   #2603
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by HiiQueue View Post
I've been leveling a new toon lately and I can never get the vehicle bar to appear. I noticed that the vehicle bar was disabled but even enabling it did nothing.
Bar 1 should get all the Vehicle Bar's abilities put on it when in a vehicle. At least to the best of my recollection.

08-11-13, 09:46 PM   #2604
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Bar 1 should get all the Vehicle Bar's abilities put on it when in a vehicle. At least to the best of my recollection.
That's what I was hoping but on bar 1, I just see my normal abilities.

08-11-13, 09:49 PM   #2605
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

That's what I was hoping but on bar 1, I just see my normal abilities.
Hmm, weird...

08-11-13, 09:50 PM   #2606
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr

The little thing on left still remains unknown to me but that is my screen right now... It still shows my main actionbar and hasn't changed to vehicle or shown any other bar.

08-11-13, 10:00 PM   #2607
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

The little thing on left still remains unknown to me but that is my screen right now... It still shows my main actionbar and hasn't changed to vehicle or shown any other bar.
That's the Pet Bar indicator. If you mouse-over that area, does the Pet Bar appear? Perhaps WoW is treating the vehicles you're entering as a pet and not a vehicle?

Last edited by Nibelheim : 08-11-13 at 10:03 PM.

08-11-13, 10:09 PM   #2608
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
That's the Pet Bar indicator. If you mouse-over that area, does the Pet Bar appear? Perhaps WoW is treating the vehicles you're entering as a pet and not a vehicle?
Nope. Mousing over does nothing with it. Maybe I should do a fresh install of RealUI just in case, though I didn't change any settings other than switching from skada to recount and dxe to dbm.

So, when I get RealUI, should I not update the addons it comes with as well? I know Aurora has an update, as well do a few others...

Last edited by HiiQueue : 08-11-13 at 10:11 PM.

08-11-13, 10:11 PM   #2609
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Nope. Mousing over does nothing with it. Maybe I should do a fresh install of RealUI just in case, though I didn't change any settings other than switching from skada to recount and dxe to dbm.
Nah, fresh install likely won't help. Next time you're in a vehicle and Bar 1 doesn't change, see if there's a pet bar instead.

So, when I get RealUI, should I not update the addons it comes with as well? I know Aurora has an update, as well do a few others...
Anything not on the "Do not update" list is updatable.

08-11-13, 10:17 PM   #2610
OtterNation
A Defias Bandit
AddOns\FreebTip\tip.lua > Line 46 > set Itemlevel = false

Using the option found in: /realui > Appearance > Font panel ?

/bar > Bar 1 > Buttons = 12

Don't set it in Bartender options unless you've disabled RealUI Control
BAHHHH!!! How did I miss that!? THANK YOU!!!!

08-11-13, 10:35 PM   #2611
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
Nah, fresh install likely won't help. Next time you're in a vehicle and Bar 1 doesn't change, see if there's a pet bar instead.

Anything not on the "Do not update" list is updatable.
A fresh install did fix the main actionbar but the pet bar indicator is still there and doesn't do anything on mouseover...

08-11-13, 11:04 PM   #2612
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

A fresh install did fix the main actionbar but the pet bar indicator is still there and doesn't do anything on mouseover...
Color me surprised.

Enter this into chat, lemme know if it prints out "true"
Code:
/run print(UnitExists("pet"))

08-11-13, 11:33 PM   #2613
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
Color me surprised.

Enter this into chat, lemme know if it prints out "true"
Code:
/run print(UnitExists("pet"))
I'll let you know when I get to another quest that has me on a vehicle... Ended up turning in the quest because the pet bar indicator is such a minor nuisance and is tolerable.

08-12-13, 08:25 AM   #2614
kringer
A Kobold Labourer
hi nib first time user of the UI and love it! I wanted to make some adjustments to the unit frames. Is there a way to change its size, colors, how you show your hp etc? Thanks! Oh I was wondering as well how can you change the size of the font for the chat tabs. I like things small but not to small

edit: oh well hmm is there basically a way to increase the font size/type of the basic whole layout? like the font for the quest tracker, font on the bottom of the HUD, font for bags etc. just want to make it all a little bigger/clearer is all

Last edited by kringer : 08-12-13 at 08:47 AM.

08-12-13, 11:49 AM   #2615
lonegreywolf20
A Murloc Raider
As much as I love RealUI, the more recent versions for me at least aren't that great. I liked it probably before version 7ish or so.

Is there anyway to download one of those earlier versions?

edit: I mean no disrespect when posting this. For me I love a truly minimal UI and the early versions of RealUI were exactly that, but with more recent versions it seems as though it's getting flashier and more packed with things. Since I deleted my WoW two months ago or so, I have no access to the earlier RealUI files.

If I am way out in left field, please let me know.

Last edited by lonegreywolf20 : 08-12-13 at 02:06 PM.

08-12-13, 03:29 PM   #2616
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
Possible Skin?

So, I know that RealUI uses Aurora as well as ButtonFacade to mostly skin everything and so addons that support ButtonFacade should be skinned pretty well. I am playing a shaman and got TotemTimers to give me totembars and timers/trackers which supports ButtonFacade but the skin is pretty broken on it. I have used it in the past with other ButtonFacade and it worked well but with the RealUI layout, a lot of the icons on it are stacked/layered weird. I was wondering if there was a way you could work on a skin either included in RealUI or seperately, that would skin other addons. I switched from TukUI to ElvUI and then to RealUI. Both Tuk and Elv had a separate addon that would skin other addons and so whether you did something like that, or just modified the current one would be extremely appreciated. I know TotemTimers shouldn't be added into RealUI because adding class specific addons would be unnecessary for all the other classes and just increase the file size. Because of the skinning issue, I have been using FloTotemBar to show the timers in addition to TotemTimers for the tracking. But when TotemTimers does what FTB does and more, it is annoying to have to run both.

And I understand if you just say no because if you tried to add support for every addon request, you would be overwhelmed and dead to the world.

08-12-13, 07:54 PM   #2617
nelothi
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hey Nib,

for whatever reason, i always have an issue with the player/target health bars being too small. in your other versions you were using pitbull or OUF to make your unit frames, so it was easy to change the size of them. I cant seem to find the .lua file that has this information for me to tweak. mind pointing out where its at?

08-13-13, 04:59 AM   #2618
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by nelothi View Post
Hey Nib,

for whatever reason, i always have an issue with the player/target health bars being too small. in your other versions you were using pitbull or OUF to make your unit frames, so it was easy to change the size of them. I cant seem to find the .lua file that has this information for me to tweak. mind pointing out where its at?
The size of them should be modifiable in
Code:
World of Warcraft\Interface\ADDONS\nibRealUI\HuD\UnitFrames
I found what I think to be the sizes in Layout.lua and there is a lot of extra stuff in UnitFrames.lua but I did not see any size settings in the latter.

08-13-13, 09:26 AM   #2619
nelothi
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It looks like it still uses ouf, but i still cant find where it dictates the size. ill keep digging till nib points me in the right direction.

EDIT: Herp Derp! found it.

Last edited by nelothi : 08-13-13 at 09:29 AM.

08-13-13, 12:48 PM   #2620
Soliah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi Nib!
I don't remember having changed anything on the minimap, but this happens :

Do you know if this is normal? Ty!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI