04-24-09, 01:48 PM   #1
Quizzy
A Murloc Raider
Question what should i do to spice up my interface???

http://i41.tinypic.com/t06bye.jpg
04-24-09, 01:55 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Everyone is different in what they feel is "needed". Does it just feel like something is missing? If that's the case, maybe browse categories that fits your playstyle.. like PvP, or Priest, or art (Sunnart is fairly popular, as is KGpanels).. there's just too many possibilities to list.

Good luck in getting some spice!
04-24-09, 01:58 PM   #3
Quizzy
A Murloc Raider
Question

like i am perfectly fine with the interface...its just it needs some spazz...some artistic kinda thing...like a background for the uf and action bar...ya know what i mean?
04-24-09, 02:20 PM   #4
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sure. Now, I have to ask a question .

Do you prefer simple or do you like to fidget with you UI, tweaking it constantly?

If you just want some pretty simple art (bottom art, for the entire bottom section of screen), I'd recommend SunnArt. It's simple to use, has a decent selection of art that you can get a hold of and easily implement. Has a built in viewport.

If you like to sit and make an entire theme of that art, bottom panel, other frames (Recount, Omen, pretty much anything with an identifiable frame), then I'd recommend KGPanels. It's not quite as simple as SA, but is much more customizable. If you go this route and want a viewport (makes the game world show above the bottom art, instead of behind it), you'll need a separate addon such as NefPort (uses slash commands to size your viewport). There are a lot of art packs people have uploaded here to the site that integrates well with KGpanels, or you can make your own (there are tutorials on the site also, but requires a good understanding of the search feature on this site).

Also, what unit frames are you using (looks like xperl or PitBull)? Are you pretty much hooked on them? If not, I'd recommend looking at STuf, they are just awesome for making 'the pretteh'.

AND... if you don't want to put a huge effort in, and want to go with a preset UI that is pre built... I'd recommend ANYTHING that Elloria has made. Also, you could get some good tips from just looking at her stuff (code, scripts, etc..).

Hope this helps.
04-24-09, 02:35 PM   #5
Gako
A Fallenroot Satyr

A lot of its personal prefrence, but I personally like D3 Orbs and sexymap. From what ive seen sexymap is pretty popular, it basically just makes your map, well, sexy. Apart from that MetaHud is a great addon, and while it may not be much of a classic look, its definately getting the job done for lots of raiders, pvpers, an even wow casuals like myself.
04-24-09, 03:32 PM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are plenty of UIs which used custom artwork that have been uploaded to the Discord forums. You can tear them apart for their custom artwork. The artwork can then be used with mods like kgPanels or (in the case of Unit Frame art), STUF.
04-26-09, 12:52 AM   #7
n00beta
A Murloc Raider
I agree with most of what has been said, sunnart is decent. I personally use kgpanels, which is extremely tedious to work with but also extremely customizable. I would suggest looking at screenshots of UI comps for ideas before you go and download random mods.

for instance, check out mine

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Optimized.html
05-17-09, 08:51 AM   #8
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by n00beta View Post
I agree with most of what has been said, sunnart is decent. I personally use kgpanels, which is extremely tedious to work with but also extremely customizable. I would suggest looking at screenshots of UI comps for ideas before you go and download random mods.

for instance, check out mine

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Optimized.html
OMG!! You have an amazing screen, and it's pretty close in purpose to what I've done with mine. Are the screenshots in your link all done with kgpanels?

05-18-09, 03:12 AM   #9
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Add some pictures of wasabi maybe a few chilli shaped icons maybe a viewport of a cayenne pepper. Also you could maybe replace key icons with images of chilli bottles.

tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
05-18-09, 04:48 AM   #10
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by honem View Post
Add some pictures of wasabi maybe a few chilli shaped icons maybe a viewport of a cayenne pepper. Also you could maybe replace key icons with images of chilli bottles.

LoL @ your pun hax.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » what should i do to spice up my interface???