08-15-09, 05:34 AM   #1
drexel-wca
A Kobold Labourer
Quest Tracking

Long time user of Carbonite and its great btw.

After 3.21, I no longer can see any quests objectives on the map. Before, if I accepted a quest that says go kill 5 theseguys and the map would show a colored area that I could move too.

I no longer see any anything like that on the maps.

I changed nothing and I see no option that I need to check for this.

Also, these are old quests, not the new tourney ones.

08-15-09, 02:32 PM   #2
MaxGnome
A Murloc Raider
Question No quests, no dropdown

Yes, I face the same problem. Additionally, I lost the dropdown-menu in the map where I could check or uncheck which quests to show.

I use the German client plus the Cartographer Addon. Any proposals or ideas?

08-15-09, 02:34 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Check to see if the green button on the quest watcher is toggled on.

08-15-09, 04:02 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are the Quests being watched? Only watched quests are drawn on the map when the green Watch List button is on.

Click the left Watch List header button, select "Watch All Quests".

08-16-09, 04:14 PM   #5
MaxGnome
A Murloc Raider
Yep, they're all watched. I can see the Quest-Targets/Quest-Areas in the Minimap, but not on the normal map, which I used to use. I loved the tiny dots, showing me the targets and the destinations... =o(

08-16-09, 08:35 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MaxGnome View Post
Yep, they're all watched. I can see the Quest-Targets/Quest-Areas in the Minimap, but not on the normal map, which I used to use. I loved the tiny dots, showing me the targets and the destinations... =o(
Wait, you say the "normal" map..do you mean the maximized Carb map or the Blizz one? By default, hitting "M" should bring up the maximized Carb map, hitting "Alt-M" should bring up the default Blizz one. Does the info show using either method of map opening?

08-17-09, 11:25 AM   #7
MaxGnome
A Murloc Raider
Neither of them does - and neither has the dropdown-menu to check and uncheck the options. I tried that before, and with 3.201 it showed the dropdown on the standard Blizz-map. Since 3.21 it disappeared even there...

Edit: A friend of mine uses Carb, too, and she doesn't see the dots and the dropdown anymore, too. She has a different setup to mine, but she uses also the German client.

Last edited by MaxGnome : 08-17-09 at 11:28 AM.

08-17-09, 12:19 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The maximized or normal sized Carbonite map is the same map. The window size, when maximized is just changed to a bigger default size and a portion of the Blizzard world map is overlayed on the Carbonite map, so that icons from the Gatherer addon can be seen.

Carbonite does not and never has drawn anything on the Blizzard world map.

I notice you mentioned "Cartographer" in your original post, which is not "Carbonite".

08-17-09, 02:19 PM   #9
MaxGnome
A Murloc Raider
Hell... my bad, my very bad - I could habe sworn it came with Carbonite! I was so sure that I just looked up for images in Google, and found out you're right.

Sorry for the inconvenience, thank you the more for you help - and please keep up your great work on Carbonite!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Tracking