08-25-14, 12:32 AM   #1
mikesuperrc
A Defias Bandit
5.4.2-Alpha-5 causing hugh fps drops

Hi.
I tried the 5.4.2-Alpha-5 update and even when its the only add-on loaded i am dropping to 15-20 fps.

The 5.1.6 release version is fine, it doesn't seem to effect fps at all, the only problem I have with this version is that when on timeless it puts the arrow in the middle of no where.

So i tried the first alpha release that i found has fixes for the timeless issue (5.4.0 Alpha 1) but still bad fps issues.

I am just wondering if there is any thing i can do to either fix the timeless isle issue on 5.1.6. or to fix the frame rate issues I'm having with 5.4.2.

Thanks Mike.

08-25-14, 09:47 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How does your WoW frame rate look if you disable ALL of your addons (and I do mean all addons)? There could be an addon conflicting with Carbonite, and that is the only way to tell.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-25-14, 02:35 PM   #3
mikesuperrc
A Defias Bandit
Hi.
Thank you for a quick reply

With out any add-ons at all. I'm getting 65+ fps.

With all add-ons except any version of carbonite i get 50-60fps

With all add-ons and carbonite 5.1.6 i get 45-50fps.

With carbonite 5.4.2 alpha-5 or 5.4.0 alpha-1 its dropping to 15-20 some times as low as 8. If there is nothing and no one else around me i might get 30 at times.

With either of the alpha versions and all my add-ons it is slightly worse.

P.S. All my settings are on low. So that isn't an issue.

Thanks Mike

08-25-14, 05:57 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No, it's probably a conflict with another addon.

Do a binary search for the addon, or addons, that are conflicting with Carbonite.

Go to Phanx.net "Trouble Shooting an AddOn" to get help with that. Pay special attention to number 5 for the binary search.

(Special thanks to Phanx.)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-25-14, 06:34 PM   #5
mikesuperrc
A Defias Bandit
Sorry. I didnt explain correctly.
The drop to 15-20fps is with carbonite 5.4.2 alpha 5 or carbonite 5.4.0 alpha only. No other addon installed. Only carbonite.

Ill check out what you said to try also when I get some time to play.

Thanks mike.

08-26-14, 07:28 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If your framerate drop is happening without any other addons, then I would suggest that something is wrong with the installation of Carbonite.

Delete (or rename) everything at "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" with Carbonite in it's title. Then go to your AddOn's folder and delete everything Carbonite there, too. Next, download and install whatever version of Carbonite you want to install, being careful to download from WoWInterface or the Curse family of sites only. You have just completely reinstalled Carbonite. Start your WoW and see how it works. Hopefully everything will work alright, and your troubles with Carbonite will be over.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 5.4.2-Alpha-5 causing hugh fps drops