07-25-10, 01:20 AM   #21
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Tigga View Post
Hey guys,

I think I have the answer!

I had the same problem, I saw only the current Area.

Try to close the little (blizzard)area map in the right corner (shift+m)!

It helps if you have the same Problem!

(sorry i know my english is terrible >_<)
No go for me at least... didn't have it open to begin with, and opening it to close it, whether with SHIFT+M again or by the closing cross in the upper-right corner, map is still not showing any area besides the one I'm in (and up to two areas my mouse hovered over when I closed Carbonite's map).

Edit:
While playing around with different map settings, though, I did find that Carbonite's mouse-over-zone feature works as intended when the default Blizzard map is open (ALT+M to open Blizzmap, then the minimize arrow next to the close X, then move around on Carb's minimized map). Carbonite's map then showed me the layout of the zone I was hovering over as per usual, while the minimized Blizzard map (not the zone map, mind you, that doesn't work) changed at the same time to show the new zones.

Can anyone figure something out from these bits of information?

Edit2:
Here's an album with four images showing how it looks. Two images have the Blizzard minimized map up and should show clearly which zone I'm hovering over. In the two without the Blizzard map I'm hovering over the fully explored Hellfire Peninsula and the fully avoided Netherstorm respectively.
http://img16.imageshack.us/gal.php?g...2510092831.jpg

Edit3:
Extensive testing has shown me, once again, that my initial assessment was right and Total RP is indeed the culprit - at least in my case. If I run one of my characters with all installed addons save Total RP activated, mouseover works great. But if I run only Carbonite and Total RP, mouseover is a no go. The perplexing part of it, though, is that people who don't have Total RP installed experience the same problem. Could I possibly ask that someone with some experience in LUA coding take the time to cross-reference Carbonite's files with Total RP's to see where the hitch is? I would greatly appreciate such an effort, as would everyone else experiencing the problem, I dare say. And it would take us one step closer to actually resolving the problem, whether by asking Fataal to make some small adjustment or to point out the faulty segment to the creator of Total RP (and whichever other addon messes up Carb) to make a workaround. I'd do it myself, but alas, I know absolutely nothing of LUA.

Last edited by Jigain : 07-25-10 at 02:08 AM.

07-26-10, 03:17 PM   #22
Cylonia
A Murloc Raider
OMG i love you! lmao thank you soo much its hilarious that it was something as simple as pressing shift-M. but your the greatest thanks =D

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » map problem please help =D