04-05-13, 05:39 PM   #981
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
Just some texture issues. Don't know how it was messed up... not a big deal. Just dont know how to change it and what to change it back to.

Its the same textures for the unit frames for players debuffs and the players target debuffs and all that. What do I change it back too? how did it get messed up? Im assuming I would change it in grid somewhere and somewhere in realui's options for the unit frames problem. Just dont know where to look.
Eeep. Looks like you're using old SavedVariables from 7.3. I'd suggest a /realui > RealUI Core > Reset RealUI

04-05-13, 06:50 PM   #982
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Eeep. Looks like you're using old SavedVariables from 7.3. I'd suggest a /realui > RealUI Core > Reset RealUI
Huh I was. That fixed everything thank you! Why was I using the saved variables from 7.3??? When you do revisions you just drag and drop the new interface folder into the WoW folder correct? and replace anything that was old? I didn't know I was using the old variables.

04-05-13, 07:08 PM   #983
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Huh I was. That fixed everything thank you! Why was I using the saved variables from 7.3??? When you do revisions you just drag and drop the new interface folder into the WoW folder correct? and replace anything that was old? I didn't know I was using the old variables.
Did you move out / delete the WTF folder when upgrading to 7.4 from 7.3? Major updates require a WTF folder removal.

04-05-13, 07:12 PM   #984
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Did you move out / delete the WTF folder when upgrading to 7.4 from 7.3? Major updates require a WTF folder removal.
I may not have. If I did that would I lose all the other addons I have, settings wise not related to realui? Like my bigwigs and stuff? By the way, I could never figure out how to implement DBM with the folder you include in your download folder. Even with the README file included, it just didn't work. Its not really a big deal or anything though. If I was to successfully install DBM do you have it all laid out and everything? Or is it just the plain addon uncustomized and unpositioned?

Last edited by Gloks : 04-05-13 at 07:18 PM.

04-05-13, 09:00 PM   #985
Baurge
Tabilaski @ Andorhal

I may not have. If I did that would I lose all the other addons I have, settings wise not related to realui? Like my bigwigs and stuff? By the way, I could never figure out how to implement DBM with the folder you include in your download folder. Even with the README file included, it just didn't work. Its not really a big deal or anything though. If I was to successfully install DBM do you have it all laid out and everything? Or is it just the plain addon uncustomized and unpositioned?
Did you actually install DBM? You need to first install DBM, then log into the character you want DBM on, this will create the Saved Variables file in the WTF Folder. After you log into that character you replace the file like instructed in the Installation file. I believe it it already positioned correctly.

04-05-13, 10:31 PM   #986
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Baurge View Post
Did you actually install DBM? You need to first install DBM, then log into the character you want DBM on, this will create the Saved Variables file in the WTF Folder. After you log into that character you replace the file like instructed in the Installation file. I believe it it already positioned correctly.
I installed it first, logged in and out on my main, then dragged the LUA file into the exact character I wanted it on. Though I doubt this is really the saved profile, is it? The DBM raid warnings go from the top right, to the middle of the screen right where your HUD is. Unless that's intentional. I'm sure nib can shed some light on whether or not that's the way its suppose to be. Either way, its not in the best of spots. Right where the rune regeneration is and the HUD. Just above the buttons.

04-05-13, 10:39 PM   #987
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I installed it first, logged in and out on my main, then dragged the LUA file into the exact character I wanted it on. Though I doubt this is really the saved profile, is it? The DBM raid warnings go from the top right, to the middle of the screen right where your HUD is. Unless that's intentional. I'm sure nib can shed some light on whether or not that's the way its suppose to be. Either way, its not in the best of spots. Right where the rune regeneration is and the HUD. Just above the buttons.
Tbh I haven't looked at the settings in aaages. I think I'll probably just remove that folder from the download, considering how easy DBM is to move (/dbm move) hehe

04-05-13, 11:02 PM   #988
ThOnly1Lft
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi I'm using RealUI w/ Carbonite, DBM, and Zygor Guides, and I keep getting a yellow block of text saying there are too many errors in your UI, yada yada yada, but everything still SEEMS to be working fine... any ideas/suggestions? thanks!

04-06-13, 03:10 AM   #989
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by ThOnly1Lft View Post
Hi I'm using RealUI w/ Carbonite, DBM, and Zygor Guides, and I keep getting a yellow block of text saying there are too many errors in your UI, yada yada yada, but everything still SEEMS to be working fine... any ideas/suggestions? thanks!
Click Options on the minimap then disable POI. I hope that helps.

04-06-13, 06:37 AM   #990
Skyotter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Missing some old things

Nib, what was the minimap in previous patches that had the raid icons when you moused over them? I miss that and would really like that back.

As well you consolidated OmniCC into the iceHUD, which is cool, however I cannot find how to increase font size on that.

Furthermore, the raid boss frames are off the screen to the left. If there is a way I could move that so my UI looks a bit less sloppy that would also be great.

Insight into any of these matters if not all would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Sky!!!

04-06-13, 07:10 AM   #991
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Skyotter View Post
Nib, what was the minimap in previous patches that had the raid icons when you moused over them? I miss that and would really like that back.

As well you consolidated OmniCC into the iceHUD, which is cool, however I cannot find how to increase font size on that.

Furthermore, the raid boss frames are off the screen to the left. If there is a way I could move that so my UI looks a bit less sloppy that would also be great.

Insight into any of these matters if not all would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Sky!!!
1) World Marker module is still included, if it's not showing up then that's a bug
2) /realui > Modules > Cooldown Count
3) If you can wait a few days, RealUI will have some prototype Boss Frames

04-06-13, 08:42 AM   #992
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Nib - just did a random dungeon on my L37 monk. Using the latest version of RealUI, I got the following errors in my bugsack (got 4 of the following error):

10x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "nibRealUI" tried to call the protected function "PartyMemberFrame4riginalHide()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:92: in function <FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:68>
FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:103: in function <FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:96>
FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:121: in function "Hide"
FrameXML\PartyMemberFrame.lua:9: in function "HidePartyFrame"
FrameXML\RaidFrame.lua:128: in function "RaidOptionsFrame_UpdatePartyFrames"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:894: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:678>

Locals:
nil

Marth

04-06-13, 11:18 AM   #993
Nomaddc
A Cliff Giant
So I updated to new revision (r4), pressed yes on patch prompt when logged in and now my Skada is screwed up (no longer skinned), and "Re-initialize character" isn't working too (pressing "Install" does nothing)

Also couple suggestions/questions:
- maybe try using LoadIt instead of ACP? It's lighter and produces less errors (atl I never saw it producing any)
- why not Bagnon? It fits pretty good and works well, I'm using it atm instead of included bag addon
- maybe try including Prat instead of Chatter? Personally I find prat a bit more convenient and functional (using it atm instead of chatter)

Also I'm wondering why allDamageMeter appeared at first place and what are his pros over Skada. I gave it a try, but turned off and installed Skada after one day of raiding, because I couldn't find out how I can customize it, filter output, etc. Would be nice to see some sort of documentation for it.

And what is mysterious "Prototype Boss Frames now included (options to come later)"? Really interesting, is it DXE remake or smth totally new? Cause DXE was my fav bossmods addon.

Last edited by Nomaddc : 04-06-13 at 11:30 AM.

04-06-13, 11:40 AM   #994
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Nomaddc View Post
So I updated to new revision (r4), pressed yes on patch prompt when logged in and now my Skada is screwed up (no longer skinned), and "Re-initialize character" isn't working too (pressing "Install" does nothing)

Also couple suggestions/questions:
- maybe try using LoadIt instead of ACP? It's lighter and produces less errors (atl I never saw it producing any)
- why not Bagnon? It fits pretty good and works well, I'm using it atm instead of included bag addon
- maybe try including Prat instead of Chatter? Personally I find prat a bit more convenient and functional (using it atm instead of chatter)

Also I'm wondering why allDamageMeter appeared at first place and what are his pros over Skada. I gave it a try, but turned off and installed Skada after one day of raiding, because I couldn't find out how I can customize it, filter output, etc. Would be nice to see some sort of documentation for it.

And what is mysterious "Prototype Boss Frames now included (options to come later)"? Really interesting, is it DXE remake or smth totally new? Cause DXE was my fav bossmods addon.
Type: /run RealUI:LoadSkadaData()
Then: /rl

If that don't work. /realui > RealUI Core > Reset RealUI

LoadIt? NeverHeardOfIt I'll look into it.
Bagnon? Don't like all-in-one bags
Prat has a few issues with integrating into RealUI and it's installation methods. Can still be installed and used without issue, though.
Boss Frames are just Unit Frames for Boss units during raid encounters.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 04-06-13 at 11:43 AM.

04-06-13, 11:55 AM   #995
Nomaddc
A Cliff Giant
/run RealUI:LoadSkadaData() didn't work
Reset didn't help too

EDIT: and any info on allDamageMeter?

Last edited by Nomaddc : 04-06-13 at 12:05 PM.

04-06-13, 12:11 PM   #996
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

/run RealUI:LoadSkadaData() didn't work
Reset didn't help too

EDIT: and any info on allDamageMeter?
Eep. Your UI did blowed up. Hmmm..... try:
  1. Exit WoW
  2. Go to World of Warcraft \ WTF \ Account \ YourAccount \ SavedVariables
  3. Delete nibRealUI.lua, nibRealUI.bak, Skada.lua and Skada.bak
  4. Log in

Went to alDM simply as a lightweight alternative to Skada. Most people don't really need the extra features of Skada, and if they do it's a download away

04-06-13, 12:30 PM   #997
Nomaddc
A Cliff Giant
Ok, did as you told, but now UI got messed up even more.

Here's full description of how did I get here:
- Prev rev (r3b) was working alright, without any issues (had to reinitialize every character to get skada skinned though)
- I downloaded r4 and copied interface folder properly, with "replace all"
- Updated MSBT, BadBoy as there were newer versions
- I logged in afterwards and got prompted apply patch
- accepted, auto reload ui, Skada messed up, 1st post
- as you advised ran those commands and reset skada - didn't help, Re-initialize character leads to not working "Install" button, same for reset, 2nd post
- Copied Interface once more with replace all to be sure, deleted mentioned files (game off ofc), started it once more, logged in - prompted to Install (like first time install), but Install button not working at all, Bartender screwed up, Skada still too.
- Took some initiative and went to WTF/ .... / My realm / character with problems / SavedVars / and deleted same files there too. No effect. Didn't try to log on other characters yet.

Managed to hook smth with bugsack: every time I press Install I get this:
4x nibRealUI-7.4 r3\Core\Settings-Settings.lua:134: attempt to call global "cbNivResetNew" (a nil value)
nibRealUI-7.4 r3\Core\Settings-Settings.lua:134: in function "RealUI_RunStage1"
nibRealUI-7.4 r3\Core\Settings-Settings.lua:179: in function <nibRealUI\Core\Settings.lua:178>

Locals:

Last edited by Nomaddc : 04-06-13 at 12:38 PM.

04-06-13, 12:36 PM   #998
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Ok, did as you told, but now UI got messed up even more.

Here's full description of how did I get here:
- Prev rev (r3b) was working alright, without any issues (had to reinitialize every character to get skada skinned though)
- I downloaded r4 and copied interface folder properly, with "replace all"
- Updated MSBT, BadBoy as there were newer versions
- I logged in afterwards and got prompted apply patch
- accepted, auto reload ui, Skada messed up, 1st post
- as you advised ran those commands and reset skada - didn't help, Re-initialize character leads to not working "Install" button, same for reset, 2nd post
- Copied Interface once more with replace all to be sure, deleted mentioned files (game off ofc), started it once more, logged in - prompted to Install (like first time install), but Install button not working at all, Bartender screwed up, Skada still too.
- Took some initiative and went to WTF/ .... / My realm / character with problems / SavedVars / and deleted same files there too. No effect. Didn't try to log on other characters yet.
Alrighty. Might have to wait until RealUI gets re-approved and see if the new new version helps any. No idea how it blew up, I assume a bug in the Skada data in the Minipatch so I've disabled that for now.

04-06-13, 12:42 PM   #999
Nomaddc
A Cliff Giant
Would really appreciate it Can't raid with UI broken like that

EDIT: Fixed myself: In Core/Settings.lua commented cbNivResetNew in function RealUI_RunStage1
After that re-initialized.

Didn't look into this any further, but there is still a problem there. So far everything else looks just fine.
Probably was caused by not having Niv bags enabled (cause I'm using Bagnon - too used to simple and minimalistic style, and option to see bags of your alts ), so it was calling unknown function.

Too bad my Bartender tweaks got reset too
Skada got fixed by doing that too

EDIT2: Just noticed, aura bar is now shifted right again. Also when prompted to update - "Yes" is not responding, had to press "No" and re-initialize. Didn't get prompted after that, but atl it looks functional so far. Btw, junk seller still doesn't sell junk :P

Last edited by Nomaddc : 04-06-13 at 01:12 PM.

04-06-13, 01:11 PM   #1000
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Didn't look into this any further, but there is still a problem there. So far everything else looks just fine.
Probably was caused by not having Niv bags enabled (cause I'm using Bagnon - too used to simple and minimalistic style, and option to see bags of your alts ), so it was calling unknown function.
Bah. Can't believe I forgot a check on that call.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI