07-09-12, 04:01 AM   #1
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Phanx's addons for MoP - Grid, PhanxChat, ShieldsUp, etc.

Here's a list of my addons that currently have beta-ready versions available, along with any significant changes or notes about the current status.

[BETA] tags next to the addon's name indicates that MoP versions are are not compatible with live servers, and have their own downlod page. Addons without this tag work as-is on both live and beta servers; check "Load out of date addons" on beta servers.

Please do not use this thread to report specific addon issues. Report issues and submit suggestions using the links on the addon’s download page. Thanks!

Grid [BETA]
Actually works on live and beta, but the beta page will get more frequent alpha/beta updates, while the release page will only get stable release updates. Please report issues in the WowAce ticket tracker.

Class Colors [BETA]
Default UI coloring is a work in progress. LoD parts of the default UI (calendar, guid UI, raid UI, etc.) are not yet colored. Supporting addons do not need to change anything. (But if you're checking for the !ClassColors addon instead of the CUSTOM_CLASS_COLORS table, you are Doing It Wrong; see the addon page for info on how to do it right.)

AnkhUp [BETA]
Reincarnation no longer uses ankhs as a reagent, so all ankh-related features have been removed, and the addon's icon is now the Reincarnation spell icon instead of an ankh. For the same reason, the name of this addon will probably be changing soon; suggestions are welcome. Finally, most localizations are outdated, and could use a once-over by reasonably fluent speakers of each language.

Broker LFG [BETA]
No significant changes on the surface, but lots of changes under the hood due to major changes in the LFG system. Seems to work fine when joining/leaving a queue, but I haven't tested it beyond that.

Broker Played Time
Works on live and beta.

Broker Ticket Status
Works on live and beta.

Cancel My Buffs
Works on live and beta. You can now create an unlimited number of keybindings, and each keybinding can cancel an (almost) unlimited number of buffs.

Confirm Leave Party
Works on live and beta.

Diplomancer
Works on live and beta. Removed dependency on LibBabbleZone-3.0. Almost no MoP data is in yet. Please suggest factions for zones and subzones on the download page.

Exonumist
Works on live and beta.

GridStatusHealingReduced
Works on live and beta. Added some solo/world debuffs, some MoP debuffs of unknown origin according to Wowhead, and itIT localization. Please report any missing debuffs in MoP content, or if you find sources for them.

GridStatusHealTrace
Works on live and beta. Added a bunch of spells. Added deDE, frFR, esES, esMX, itIT, ptBR, and koKR localizations. Anyone who speaks Russian or Chinese, feel free to enter some translations.

GridStatusMultiRange
Works on live and beta.

GridStatusParty
Works on live and beta.

Item Tooltip Cleaner
Works on both live and beta. Added options to hide Heroic and Reforged tags, hide equipment sets, and hide level/reputation/skill requirements. Vendor values are now also shown at the auction house and when choosing a quest reward. Added itIT and zhCN compatibility. Added translations for deDE and zhCN.

oUF Phanx [BETA]
Updated for API changes in WoW and oUF. Requires beta version of oUF from Haste's GitHub repo. Chi, holy power, shadow orbs, soul shards, burning embers, demonic fury, maelstrom weapon stacks, and combo points should all be working fine. TODO: implement death knight runes, improve demonic fury, rewrite resurrection module, redo aura filters for all classes.

PhanxBuffs
Works on live and beta.

PhanxChat
Works on live and beta.

ShieldsUp
Works on live and beta. Since Water/Lightning Shield no longer have charges in MoP, a "W" or "L" will be displayed for those shields instead of the charge count (or the appropriate letters for your language). Korean and Italian translations needed! Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese are both missing a few translations. German, French, and Russian are all pretty old, and could use review by someone fluent in those languages.

Zone Achievement Tracker
Works on live and beta. Added achievements for Pandaria zones.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-07-12 at 01:00 AM.

07-09-12, 05:29 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

And a separate post for...

Addons that will NOT be updated

I will probably remove these addons from WoWI (and Curse) after MoP goes live. Anything not on this list will be updated eventually; keep an eye on the first post for updates.

Creature Comforts
I have not played a hunter in over 3 years, and despite having a notice on the addon page that the addon was open for someone else to take over, nobody has volunteered (except one guy who never actually did anything), so I'm declaring it officially dead as of the MoP release, though I think it's basically dead already. If any Creature Comforts users with addon programming experience are reading this -- but somehow missed the big yellow warnings on the addon page for the last 2 years -- and want to take over, feel free to PM me.

GridStatusRes
Grid now had a built-in Resurrection status, so this plugin is no longer needed. I have not yet decided whether to include soulstones in Grid itself, or write a plugin for it. Discussion welcome.

Improved Totem Frame
Since the totem action bar (MultiCastActionBar) is gone in 5.0, there is no longer anything for this addon to improve.

OnScreenHealth
I haven't used this one in over 4 years, and despite years of warnings at the top of the addon page, nobody has volunteered to adopt it. It's dead, Jim.

Unlinked
Haven't used it in 3+ years. People should use BadBoy CCleaner instead.

Last edited by Phanx : 07-20-12 at 05:15 AM.

07-10-12, 03:02 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

I'm undecided on the fate of Diplomancer.

On one hand, the core code is extremely stable (I don't think there's been a relevant API change in the 5 years I've been maintaining it) and easy to maintain. On the other hand, keeping up with all of the new factions, zones/subzones, and the relationships between them is a really hard when I don't play enough these days to level alts or grind rep. I don't think the zone-faction mappings were ever fully updated for Cataclysm, though I did try. It's also a very unique addon; every other "automatic faction watch" addon I know of waits until you gain rep to change your watched faction, instead of doing it preemptively based on your location. It was also one of the very first addons I ever wrote. I'd like to keep maintaining it, but it's somewhat discouraging that nobody has even mentioned any missing/incorrect factions since the release of Cataclysm, when I'm pretty sure there must be at least a few.

Thoughts? Anyone using this thing able to comment on the completeness and accuracy of the current data? Are there a significant number of new faction-zone associations in MoP (despite having beta access, I'm not actually playing there; just logging into premades to update my addons) or will it be a fairly straightforward matter of adding the Pandaren-specific zones and whatever new zones they add for levels 85-90?

07-10-12, 03:47 AM   #4
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

When I was still actively playing (as opposed to doing the /reload shuffle) I used it simply because of the location-based switching. "Oh, hey, while I'm here I might want to grind some rep with X..." and I can't imagine that this isn't useful to others.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

07-10-12, 02:17 PM   #5
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

I still use Diplomancer, but I've made some modifications to my local copy. As far as I can recall, I haven't had to add or alter any reputation zone/subzone relationships that you haven't already included.

07-12-12, 05:45 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Alright, I'll go ahead and update it. Talyrius, what modifications have you made, out of curiosity?

Improved Totem Frame will not be updated. Since the MultiCastActionBar will be removed in 5.0, there's nothing for this addon to modify. I will probably write a new lightweight totem bar addon that mimics it, though, since I don't really care for any of the existing totem bar addons.

Last edited by Phanx : 07-12-12 at 05:51 PM.

07-12-12, 09:07 PM   #7
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Alright, I'll go ahead and update it. Talyrius, what modifications have you made, out of curiosity?

Improved Totem Frame will not be updated. Since the MultiCastActionBar will be removed in 5.0, there's nothing for this addon to modify. I will probably write a new lightweight totem bar addon that mimics it, though, since I don't really care for any of the existing totem bar addons.
Monk statues are on the totem frame and it's actually the only way to cancel one after you put one down.

Not sure if that'll go live, but it appears the totemframe is just re-purposed not gone.

07-12-12, 10:47 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Monk statues are on the totem frame and it's actually the only way to cancel one after you put one down.

Not sure if that'll go live, but it appears the totemframe is just re-purposed not gone.
The TotemFrame (underneath the player frame) is completely unrelated to the MultiCastActionBar, which is the one that used to have 1 button for shaman Call of ____, 4 buttons for the 4 totem elements, and 1 button for Totemic Recall, and sit near the bottom of the screen above the main action bars. ImprovedTotemFrame (despite its name) actually modified the MultiCastActionBar, not the TotemFrame, and that's gone. Apparently Blizzard intends that shamans will just totems on a regular action bar now that they're consolidated into flyouts like hunter pets, etc.

07-13-12, 03:59 AM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

Diplomancer has been updated. No significant changes. Will be undergoing additional changes to remove the dependency on LibBabbleZone-3.0 by using map IDs. Also needs tweaking to better handle low level pandaren with Neutral faction. Almost no MoP data is in yet. Please suggest factions for zones and subzones on the download page.

oUF Phanx now has beta versions available. Secondary power resources for monks, paladins, priests, and warlocks are currently not displayed in any form, so if you're playing one of those classes, you'll probably want to hold off unless you have a separate display for those resources or can live without one.

Zone Achievement Tracker has been updated with achievements for Pandaria zones.

Last edited by Phanx : 07-13-12 at 05:02 AM.

07-14-12, 06:03 AM   #10
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
... Talyrius, what modifications have you made, out of curiosity?
I modified it so that Diplomancer's default watched faction variable is updated whenever I change my watched faction. It's just easier and more intuitive, for me, to change it without having to go into the interface options whenever I want to change it. I no longer change the watched faction nearly as often as I did at the time, but I still find it convenient.

We discussed this at great length within Diplomancer's comments quite a while back.

Last edited by Talyrius : 07-14-12 at 06:16 AM.

07-16-12, 04:48 AM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Exonumist
Works as-is.

GridStatusHealTrace
Added a bunch of spells. Added deDE, frFR, koKR, itIT, ptBR, and koKR localizations. Anyone who speaks Russian or Chinese, feel free to enter some translations.

07-19-12, 05:37 AM   #12
Phanx
Cat.

oUF_Phanx now has working displays for chi holy power, shadow orbs, soul shards, burning embers, and demonic fury. I will be adding death knight runes (finally) and making some improvements to the burning embers and demonic fury displays. I probably will not add a built-in totem display, since there is a perfectly good plugin for that.

07-19-12, 05:40 PM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

GridStatusHealingReduced
Added some solo/world debuffs, some MoP debuffs of unknown origin according to Wowhead, and itIT localization. Please report any missing debuffs in MoP content, or if you find sources for them.

07-20-12, 05:55 AM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

Added a bunch of updates to the first post, and moved beta versions from "Other Files" tabs to their own pages.

Still to do:

Item Tooltip Cleaner works as-is, but I need to add strings for itIT and zhCN.

Progress works as-is, but is missing 85-90 XP totals, and I probably won't bother adding them until the expansion goes live, since Blizzard likes to change them between beta and release.

I have ShieldsUp working with the API changes, but I'm undecided on how I should handle the fact that Water Shield and Lightning Shield no longer have charges. I'm thinking the addon should just show Earth Shield, and then show a little indicator when you're missing a personal shield. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I haven't even looked at Hydra yet.

GridStatusRes will NOT be updated, since Grid now includes a built-in Resurrection status.

07-22-12, 05:20 AM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

Item Tooltip Cleaner
Works on both live and beta. Added options to hide Heroic and Reforged tags, hide equipment sets, and hide level/reputation/skill requirements. Vendor values are now also shown at the auction house and when choosing a quest reward. Added itIT and zhCN compatibility. Added translations for deDE and zhCN.

08-07-12, 12:04 AM   #16
Phanx
Cat.

ShieldsUp
Works on live and beta. Since Water/Lightning Shield no longer have charges in MoP, a "W" or "L" will be displayed for those shields instead of the charge count (or the appropriate letters for your language). Korean and Italian translations needed! Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese are both missing a few translations. German, French, and Russian are all pretty old, and could use review by someone fluent in those languages.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-07-12 at 01:00 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Phanx's addons for MoP - Grid, PhanxChat, ShieldsUp, etc.