04-08-10, 05:40 PM   #1
Tekashi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ahnk Use/Cooldown Information Sending

As a Shaman, my guild requires me to have ora2 or ora3 so it can send information if I used/have used my ahnk. As someone who is interested in an efficient UI, I would never, ever install bloated mods like ora. Does anyone know of a mod that has the simple functionality of communicating to ora2/3 my ahnk status, and -nothing- else?

If this doesn't exist, I'll attempt to look at the code in ora and make it myself, however I am relatively new to LUA in general, so any help would be appreciated with at least getting my started on the project.
04-08-10, 05:59 PM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Honestly, oRA3 is very lightweight, compared to oRA2.
04-08-10, 06:13 PM   #3
Tekashi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Even if ora3 was something like 200kb, my entire UI is about 700kb. I have no intention of using a mod of that magnitude. Not to mention I have zero use for any feature BUT the ahnk information, which is why I'd like to only use that particular function.
04-08-10, 09:32 PM   #4
Beoko
Originally Posted by Tekashi View Post
As someone who is interested in an efficient UI, I would never, ever install bloated mods like ora.
Even if ora3 was something like 200kb, my entire UI is about 700kb. I have no intention of using a mod of that magnitude. Not to mention I have zero use for any feature BUT the ahnk information, which is why I'd like to only use that particular function.
Static memory usage has very little impact on anything. Unreasonable cpu usage is what you should be worried about. I'm willing to bet some of those "small" addons that are 1~50 kB's each are inefficient and using much more cpu than what is necessary.

As far as feature usage - I will agree with you on that. I'll take a look at ora3 and see how difficult it would be to sync your ankh cooldown. If it is something simple, I'll write it up for you.

Edit:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download..._AnkhSync.html

As it says on the description page, I have not tested this in a raid setting as a shaman since I do not have a shaman leveled. I don't foresee any issues, but you never know.

Last edited by Beoko : 04-08-10 at 11:15 PM.
04-09-10, 11:31 AM   #5
Tekashi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks a bunch buddy ^^. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
04-09-10, 12:51 PM   #6
Beoko
Thanks a bunch buddy ^^. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
You're welcome.

The quickest way to test this would be to install oRA3_AnkhSync and make a raid with a friend who has oRA3 installed. Find a way to die - then ankh - and if it shows on his cooldown tracker (if he has it enabled) then everything is working great! It would be good to know if it properly detects Improved Reincarnation talents, but don't worry about it if you are not specced into it.
04-09-10, 01:53 PM   #7
Tekashi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Would it be possible to add a quick functionality for this to communicate with ora2 as well? I added this line in the code, however I have no idea if it will work (and cannot test it for 30 more mins -_-):

Code:
SendAddonMessage("oRA2", "^1^SCooldown^N20608^N" .. RealCooldown .. "^^", "RAID")
After my first test, it didn't register for my raid leader because he still uses ora2.
04-09-10, 02:37 PM   #8
Beoko
Would it be possible to add a quick functionality for this to communicate with ora2 as well? I added this line in the code, however I have no idea if it will work (and cannot test it for 30 more mins -_-):

Code:
SendAddonMessage("oRA2", "^1^SCooldown^N20608^N" .. RealCooldown .. "^^", "RAID")
After my first test, it didn't register for my raid leader because he still uses ora2.
I'll take a look at oRA2 and see how it handles the cooldown notifications as well. oRA3 serializes the addon messages so I had to fake it. As an off-note, your raid leader should upgrade. :P

Edit: oRA2 does not update its cooldown information after I sync it, so I'm guessing that it is either an issue on my part or the information must be updated constantly. Either way, what I would recommend at this point is for your raid leader to at least try out oRA3 as oRA2 is outdated and much more bloated.

Last edited by Beoko : 04-09-10 at 04:34 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ahnk Use/Cooldown Information Sending