05-30-09, 03:59 PM   #1
jman037
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Trakcer issue

Doing quest "Scaring Skay" and killing gorillas in that little valley near Booty Bay. Saw that the Ape sinew Quest was nearby and as I was walking I clicked the tracker button next to that quest.

Bang! Entire computer hard locked. Had to push reset.

05-31-09, 06:53 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When you restarted the computer and tracked the quest again did it lockup again? If not, then it could have been a bug in any of dozens of hardware or software systems in the computer or overheating and may have had nothing to do with Carbonite or WoW.

/Rant On

Computers suck. Electronics suck. They are made by imperfect humans, which result in borderline designs, parts and/or code.

My Xbox 360 got the 3 red, you are dead, lights on it a few days ago. The same 360 that was sent in for probably the same 3 lights about a year ago. I hope that 1 year extra warranty is not up.

A few days ago my 2 month old DVD player was showing random colors on the screen for any DVD. Power on/off did nothing. Unplug and plug back in and it returns to normal.

Sometimes I wonder if all these gadgets are worth the trouble. Good old books never require a reboot.

/Rant Off

06-01-09, 02:49 AM   #3
jman037
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Tracker issue

This probpel almost never repeats, but I have seen it many times. I'd say about 50% of the time I can duplicate it. It first began while mounting on a dragon and lifting off from a moving ship while something was being tracked. Again, sometimes I flew to the port ahead of the ship just fine and other times WOW crashed to the desktop.

Since this has happened on 2 different computers, 2 different connections, 2 diffierent installs of wow, one old install from beginning and the other a brand new install from just wrath disks, I'd have to say the smoking gun is pointing at your software.

So instead of being so flipant about it, why don't you figure it out and fix it? After all, I was one of the folks who had just PAID you for 2 accounts a yearly fee. You can look jman037 up under Rimar and also look for Inesska, my wife's account I bought the addon for as well.

After paying you TWICE, I'd think I was due a little bit of repsect from you.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Trakcer issue