11-14-11, 11:42 AM   #1
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Positioning Grid

Good day,

first of all, i know i am not the best at explaining so i apologise at first so bear with me a bit.

So on to my questions
1) Is there a way to show positioning grid like with Align addon family when i enter edit mode in RDX with some scritp or any other way ? Not that i would need to when arranging positions to RDX frames, but there are addons that RDX cannot do ( at least i dont know how ) and those i would like to position at exact place without using another addon.
2) I encountered problem when trying to do HP and MP bars when using IceHUD and similar frames. Normally when they are horizontal they expand properly, but when i set them vertically and i am not at full, those bars are getting smaller and bigger around a center of the frame not expanding from bottom to top. Anyone would know how to counter it or am i just dumb for not understanding the mechanic ?
3) Is there a way to show TimeToDie of my target ?
4) I found out that when i set my buffs or debuffs where i would like to change the look of an icon that in aurabars i cant change the skin of the icon and in auraicon, where i can change the icon skin, i cant set it to clickthrough, is there a way to do it ?

Regards
Alianka

Last edited by Alianka : 11-18-11 at 06:54 PM.
11-14-11, 12:08 PM   #2
unlimit
Lookin' Good

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"TimeToDie" is definitely possible with a script, but since it's a theoretical calculation it isn't an exact science and probably not to be trusted on an actual useful level.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
11-14-11, 12:45 PM   #3
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

ehm, for question 2, just fugured that out that i am dumb with anchor setting
11-18-11, 07:27 PM   #4
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

figured out the Align thingy, was so easy yet to question 4 ... I searched here on WoWinterface forums for an answer, but seems there is none, but let me rephrase it since i am very bad at expressing what i am up to.

When i make buff or debuff frame with AuraIcons and change icon skin, then the buff / debuff that is shown has a tooltip on mouseover and due to this i cant click through it. Is it possible to make it clickthrough ?

example: I make a frame for buffs with Serenity button skin. I have Arcane Power buff active. It is shown with time, but i cant clickthrough the icon. How can i make it clickthrough ?

And also when I make buff / debuff frame with AuraBars and i let it show icon in addition to the bars. I cant change the Icon skin, but i can clickthrough. Is there a way to change the button skin if the icon and to have bar of the respective buff / debuff shown as well and have it clickthrough ?

Hope this is more clearer then the previous version of the question.

And i have another question now ... can i change strata of the RDX mini icon without enetering RDX lua code and changing it there ( if it is even possible ) ?

And also would like to ask about button script feature. I probably dont understand this feature, but is it supposed to make a button like in LDB object feature ?

As well as would someone tell me how to make a frame that will expand upon clicking on a certain button / frame on the screen ?

etc. i want dont want to use the standard blizzard micromenu, but instead i want to have a button ( or should it be frame ? ) that upon clicking on it a little frame would expand from that button / frame. In that frame i would like to have Framerate, latency ( home & world ), option to reload UI and all those blizz micromenu buttons with names instead of icons like in addon from following link

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Menu.html#info

Regards
Alianka

Last edited by Alianka : 11-18-11 at 07:32 PM.
11-19-11, 05:22 AM   #5
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hi Alianka,

There is a fix to activate click on Aura Icons(download the latest version of github)

But, the click option only work when you are not under combat lock mode.

If you want to have the possibility to right click remove buff under combat, you must use the feature Secured Aura Icons instead.
For aurabar, there is also secured aurabar.
It is not possible to skin the icon for the moment. Add to the todo list.

About the strata of the menu, I need to add this option. Add to the todo list.

About drop down option, I will add a new feature for that. Add to the todo list.

Thanks you
Cheers

Sigg
11-19-11, 06:49 AM   #6
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

i know about the secure aura icons to right click the debuffs, you mentioned that in another post, but thats not what i meant, i am attaching a screenshot from my druid ... bars are done via auraBars ( i am able to clickthrough the bars ), icons are from auraIcons ( i am not able to clickthrough the icons) and since some of them are inside the screen, i would like to have the possibility to clickthrough them so i can move my camera with left mouse click and drag and not worry where i click, as sometimes its very annoying especially in small rooms where the camera distance does not help

Regards
Alianka
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_110511_021710 - druid.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	6588  
11-19-11, 08:55 AM   #7
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
ah ok I understand.

You want a option to disable the click of the button, that mean the tooltip will be also disable.
11-19-11, 09:20 AM   #8
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

ah yes, sorry for the confusion, thats exactly what i want

Also when i was looking where to change strata of the little minibutton in RDX folders, i stumbled across nice sound, its called aigreet.wav, dont know if its intented to be there, but i really like it, i thought i have put it into autoexec script and then tried to play it in the dispell_grid window via Audio Cue: Sec Delta, but it does not work.

So i am asking here, is there a way to play custom sound using some script ? if so, would someone direct me to the correct topic ( first i search here on WoWInterface allways, but i know i miss stuff pretty easily when i search for them ) or just point me in the right direction how to make a script for it ?

Regards
Alianka
12-02-11, 08:46 AM   #9
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
4) is available in github
12-02-11, 12:42 PM   #10
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by sigg View Post
4) is available in github
As much as i would like to try it, i cant, encoutnered an issue, i have reported it in RDX Bug/Error forum.

Regards
Alianka

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Positioning Grid