01-09-07, 07:24 PM   #1
Bregar
A Defias Bandit
Lost target frame

This is a bug with CT Raid for patch 2.0.3
When you have 2 or more mobs aggro on you, and your targeted mob dies, you will lose your target frame until you are out of combat.
01-10-07, 02:48 AM   #2
Cam
A Kobold Labourer
There also seems to be a problem where if two mobs attack your pet (VW) you cannot target the other mob. The only way I got it to somewhat work is to target my pet to focus on what it is hitting. Otherwise, while you can cast on it, you cannot see any DoT's applied..etc. I've not seen this issue in the previous versions, so I assume it must be related to the new patch.

It only seems to occur if something attacks my pet without me having first targeted the mob.

I am using CTmod 2 update 11
01-10-07, 08:28 AM   #3
rassa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

you sure this target frame problem is ct_raid related ?
01-10-07, 08:35 AM   #4
Caulwynd
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by rassa
you sure this target frame problem is ct_raid related ?
I've experienced it as well only when I have CTRA enabled.
01-10-07, 08:48 AM   #5
dwex
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
La Vendetta Boss Mods v2.21 also causes this problem. I don't use CTRA; I did the disable all addons, then reactivate one by one to find the problematic addon(s). LVBM was the only one I used that caused the problem.
01-10-07, 11:02 AM   #6
Pericles
A Kobold Labourer
Problem present in 3 addons

I posted this problem on the beta forums almost 3 weeks ago and confirmed that it was caused by each one of the following 3 addons that I use (out of 158 addons tested). Namely CTRaidAssist, LaVendettaBossMods, Titan BG.

ie: disabling ALL addons and turning on any one of these displays the issue.

A 100% repeatable display of the issue can be seen as follows :

DO NOT TARGET A MOB, walk into its aggro radius and aggro it WITHOUT EVER TARGETTING IT. You will enter combat but be unable to see its target frame. If you target it first the frame of course appears as normal however you cannot change to a second mob once in combat, as has been reported by hunters with their pets etc.

This issue occurs when soloing or in party or in raid, ie: its not a raid specific thing as the affected mods would suggest.

A very brief test at lunchtime today suggested that patch Update 11 of CTRA from www.ctmod.net may have fixed this problem using CTRA. I have alerted the author of Titan BG to the issue and he has acknowledged he can repeat the problem and so is diagnosing a fix. I am not sure if LaVendettaBossMods was loaded when I tested the issue at lunchtime.
01-13-07, 03:49 PM   #7
Dargen
A Fallenroot Satyr
In my case I had two addons which were causing problems with the target frame: CT_RaidAssist version 1.622 (from Update 11) and La Vendetta Boss Mods version 2.21. Once I installed the latest versions of both addons (CT_RaidAssist version 1.623 from Update 12, and La Vendetta version 2.3), my target frame problems ceased.

Both of these addons were hooking the PlaySound() game function. Hooking that function was introducing taint into the system, which in turn was preventing the target frame from being shown while you were in combat. In the latest versions of these two addons, they have removed the code which was hooking the PlaySound() function.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lost target frame