Quantcast Action bar code.help me ! - WoWInterface
05-25-18, 09:40 PM   #1
bongbongkoolstyle
A Kobold Labourer

Action bar code.help me !

Hi, maybe someone can help me, i've been looking for info on this but still having difficulties.

The stock Main action bar background/textures are completely different from the stock bottom left and bottom right action bars as in the main bar has a dark grey background and the other ones only a low alpha grey with a border. Is it possible to make the main action bar look exactly like the other two without using addons like bartender? Is there a minimalist code i can use to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne
05-26-18, 05:10 AM   #2
d87
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ActionBar.html
05-26-18, 08:13 AM   #3
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

I don't think there are any addons that alter the graphics in the way you're looking for. You can hide the artwork or as mentioned above, replace the graphics with transparent ones but I don't know of anyone who's retouched the artwork.

Honestly, though, if you install Dominos( http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5-Dominos.html ) and only run 'Dominos' and 'Dominos_Config', it's very light-weight and resource friendly, and you gain control of where things are and how they display. 'Dominos_Config' is load-on-demand so it doesn't take up resources until you open the configuration.
05-26-18, 12:21 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You could install the addon d87 suggested, then use kgPanels to put the backdrop of your choice behind all of your action bars. Or, you could install Dominos (like VincentSDSH suggested) and lay the bars out the way you want, then put backdrops behind them. Either way it will look alright.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
05-26-18, 03:24 PM   #5
JDoubleU00
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
I don't think there are any addons that alter the graphics in the way you're looking for. You can hide the artwork or as mentioned above, replace the graphics with transparent ones but I don't know of anyone who's retouched the artwork.

Honestly, though, if you install Dominos( http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5-Dominos.html ) and only run 'Dominos' and 'Dominos_Config', it's very light-weight and resource friendly, and you gain control of where things are and how they display. 'Dominos_Config' is load-on-demand so it doesn't take up resources until you open the configuration.
I've used Dominos for years and never had any problems, I've also used Bartender as well. IIRC, neither consume many CPU cycles.
05-26-18, 05:31 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, I used Dominos, also, for 5 or 6 years. But then I got tired of having my own UI and, eventually, switched over to using ElvUI. I tried Bartender, too, but didn't like the (what seemed like) huge convoluted options that it had. But it worked just like Dominos. I'd probably still be using ElvUI if I hadn't burned out my computer in 2016.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
05-26-18, 06:17 PM   #7
aallkkaa
A Theradrim Guardian

You could try:
Lua Code:
  1. MainMenuBarTexture0:SetAlpha(0.5); -- Texture under ActionButton1 through ActionButton6
  2. MainMenuBarTexture1:SetAlpha(0.5); -- Texture under ActionButton7 through ActionButton12
  3. MainMenuBarTexture2:SetAlpha(0.5); -- Texture under Pager and Micromenu
  4. MainMenuBarTexture3:SetAlpha(0.5); -- Texture under Bags

Note that if you were to use :SetAlpha(0), that would produce the same exact result as using fully transparent textures, like the "addon" (doesn't go into Interface\AddOns\, rather into Interface\) d87 suggested seemingly does. And if that were your goal, then said "addon" would be more efficient.
But if you want that "soft-toned" look like that of the Bottom Bars, an alpha of 0.5 seems to me like a close match - you can of course play with the value and see what works best for you.
05-27-18, 06:39 AM   #8
Vrul
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I'm not sure if MainMenuBarTexture0 and MainMenuBarTexure1 get shown again by other code but you can try:
Code:
MainMenuBarTexture0:Hide()
MainMenuBarTexture1:Hide()

for id = 1, NUM_ACTIONBAR_BUTTONS do
    local button = _G['ActionButton' .. id]
    if button then
        local texture = button.NormalTexture
        if texture then
            texture:SetTexture([[Interface\Buttons\UI-Quickslot]])
            texture:SetDrawLayer('BACKGROUND', -1)
            texture:SetAlpha(0.4)
        end
    end
end
05-27-18, 07:14 AM   #9
AScares
A Kobold Labourer
Your WoW Interface\FrameXML folder has 2 files ActionBarFrame.xml --- xml that stores art work / frames

and ActionButton.lua --- the code itself

So just go in ActionBarFrame.xml ( And delete all Frames LOL)
and you can see whats the names of frames blizzard uses for etc ...

P.S.: You can look up most of ui frames there

Last edited by AScares : 05-27-18 at 07:17 AM.
05-29-18, 06:47 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by AScares View Post
So just go in ActionBarFrame.xml ( And delete all Frames LOL)
That's not how it works.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-30-18, 04:52 AM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, that may give you ...... unexpected ...... results. IE, it won't work the way that you THINK that it should. And that's on top of the errors that it'll probably generate.

06-04-18, 11:24 AM   #12
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Yeah, that may give you ...... unexpected ...... results. IE, it won't work the way that you THINK that it should. And that's on top of the errors that it'll probably generate.
That's not how any of that works.

The FrameXML files are loaded regardless, they can't be overwritten.
You won't get any errors, and nothing will happen.
06-04-18, 12:51 PM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh. Sorry, but I just don't know any XML (and very, very little Lua). I figured it would, at least, generate an error. BUT, I was, obviously, ..... errr ..... incorrect.

06-05-18, 04:20 AM   #14
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Oh. Sorry, but I just don't know any XML (and very, very little Lua). I figured it would, at least, generate an error. BUT, I was, obviously, ..... errr ..... incorrect.
(not trying to be mean, just could not help myself following Seerah's comment)

Last edited by p3lim : 06-05-18 at 04:22 AM.
06-05-18, 05:46 AM   #15
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I didn't take your comment as being "mean", just "informative". I don't take ANY comment about anything I've "said" as anything but what it is intended for. So, no biggie p3lim.
(After all, I'm not a 10 year old, y'know. )

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-05-18 at 05:51 AM. Reason: more blah blah blah.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Action bar code.help me !