03-27-13, 10:10 AM   #841
bkellya
A Kobold Labourer
Great job on this new version, I don't mind the lighter damage meter as skada/recount have always been a bit buggy for me, but is there a way to change to seeing healing or is it damage only? Thanks for all your hard work!

03-27-13, 10:20 AM   #842
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bkellya View Post
Great job on this new version, I don't mind the lighter damage meter as skada/recount have always been a bit buggy for me, but is there a way to change to seeing healing or is it damage only? Thanks for all your hard work!
Right click the area where alDM is (if it's been toggled/shown), and you'll get it's settings menu.

03-27-13, 10:43 AM   #843
Matski
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
A few problems

In general a fantastic update, but I sadly have a few issues:

1) There is some pretty spammy bug that appears when I'm playing with the dmgmeter options, pasting code below.

Code:
1x <string>:"OpacitySliderFrame:OnShow":3: Usage: OpacitySliderFrame:SetValue(value)
<in C code>
<string>:"*:OnShow":3: in function <string>:"*:OnShow":1
<in C code>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2221: in function "ShowUIPanel"
FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:1135: in function "OpenColorPicker"
FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:1071: in function "func"
FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:710: in function "UIDropDownMenuButton_OnClick"
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <string>:"*:OnClick":1

Locals:
self = ColorPickerFrame {
 hasOpacity = 1
 previousValues = <table> {}
 cancelFunc = <func> @..\alDamageMeter.lua:682
 0 = <userdata>
 opacity = true
 func = <func> @..\alDamageMeter.lua:676
 opacityFunc = <func> @..\alDamageMeter.lua:676

2) I also have some issue with chat configuration, it won't save and just resets to default after each relog on every character. That's the most annoying one because I kind of hate the original chat set-up, cannot read a thing .

I might add that I didn't add any addons apart from DBM, and I did full installation, removing old WTF and Interface folders like you said to.

Last edited by Matski : 03-27-13 at 10:53 AM.

03-27-13, 10:48 AM   #844
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Matski View Post
In general a fantastic update, but I sadly have a few issues:

1) There is some pretty spammy bug that appears when I'm playing with the dmgmeter options, pasting code below.
2) Nvm this point. I am dumb.
3) I also have some issue with chat configuration, it won't save and just resets to default after each relog on every character. That's the most annoying one because I kind of hate the original chat set-up, cannot read a thing .
4) Just a question, it's not possible to change the time into 24h mode? I tried in the clock options but no matter what is set there it always stays in 12h mode anyway.

I might add that I didn't add any addons apart from DBM, and I did full installation, removing old WTF and Interface folders like you said to.
I shall look into 1.

For 3, which setting are you trying to change? If it's the font size, make sure to change the font size on the specific Chat Frame, not the global font size.

Right click "General" tab > Chatter Settings > Chat Font > Chat Frame 1 > Font Size

For 4, /realui > Modules > Info Line > Other tab > 24 Hour cock

03-27-13, 11:01 AM   #845
Matski
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
I shall look into 1.

For 3, which setting are you trying to change? If it's the font size, make sure to change the font size on the specific Chat Frame, not the global font size.

Right click "General" tab > Chatter Settings > Chat Font > Chat Frame 1 > Font Size

For 4, /realui > Modules > Info Line > Other tab > 24 Hour cock
Thanks for the answer, I remembered how to change the clock meanwhile. When it comes to chat, it just resets totally. I'm changing the font size, tried globally and tried the way you posted as well, neither works, I also always change the size of the window as it's too small for me, as well as some other things like backdrop etc. I tried to set it on all my 3 or 4 chars, and after a relog they are all reset to default. Never ever before sth like that happened to me and I play the game since like 2005 Oo. Also never before since I am using your UI pack. Tried even reinstalling but it still does that.

Last edited by Matski : 03-27-13 at 11:03 AM.

03-27-13, 11:10 AM   #846
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Thanks for the answer, I remembered how to change the clock meanwhile. When it comes to chat, it just resets totally. I'm changing the font size, tried globally and tried the way you posted as well, neither works, I also always change the size of the window as it's too small for me, as well as some other things like backdrop etc. I tried to set it on all my 3 or 4 chars, and after a relog they are all reset to default. Never ever before sth like that happened to me and I play the game since like 2005 Oo. Also never before since I am using your UI pack. Tried even reinstalling but it still does that.
That's very odd, as changing the settings works for me. I shall investigate.

03-27-13, 11:29 AM   #847
Matski
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am trying to fix it as well, as it seriously annoys when I can get sth done like it's supposed to be and I probably won't do anything else until I fix it :P.

Just wanted to add as I wasn't posting here before that I really appreciate your work on this compilation. Anyone who had anything to do with addons, even only setting them up, knows how time consuming it is.

03-27-13, 11:36 AM   #848
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I am trying to fix it as well, as it seriously annoys when I can get sth done like it's supposed to be and I probably won't do anything else until I fix it :P.

Just wanted to add as I wasn't posting here before that I really appreciate your work on this compilation. Anyone who had anything to do with addons, even only setting them up, knows how time consuming it is.
Only thing I can advise at this point is making sure you've gone through the Install process on all your toons before making changes, as this definitely helps avoid any reverting changes.

03-27-13, 01:10 PM   #849
troxxer
A Defias Bandit
Hey nib, you did an awesome job with the 7.4 release.

Is there a possibility with the new damage meter to add a second frame which monitors the healing? had my skada set up like this, and now I'm missing it big times :P
Also, can I somehow enable Boss Health Frames without relying on yet another external addon?

Keep on rocking

03-27-13, 02:11 PM   #850
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Did you delete the chatter.lua files in the savedvariables folders throughout WTF to make sure it's not something silly there?

Marth

03-27-13, 02:16 PM   #851
webster259
A Cyclonian
Nib, I am still running into the issue of my Grid overlapping my action bars when it switches to a 40 man layout. I tried adjusting the Y offset in the options but it seems like after a certain value that no change is being made. Is there anything that I can do in game to get everything to sit under the action bars. Possible a setting that I missed that will allow for vertical groups in the 40 man setup (8 X 5 instead of 5 X 8) and still retain the horizontal setup for 25 and under. Thanks again

03-27-13, 04:41 PM   #852
glamour
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Great UI here

Been using it for a very very long time. I have a slight issue with the new release, I know its probably just me being stupid but I backed up my folders and such but for some reason the minimap is now default and will not move o.o;

Is it probably because I've not got the addon anymore o.o?

03-27-13, 04:56 PM   #853
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by glamour View Post
Great UI here

Been using it for a very very long time. I have a slight issue with the new release, I know its probably just me being stupid but I backed up my folders and such but for some reason the minimap is now default and will not move o.o;

Is it probably because I've not got the addon anymore o.o?
nibMinimap was merged into nibRealUI, so that shouldn't be the issue.

If you type /realui and go to Modules, do you see Minimap under there?

03-27-13, 05:00 PM   #854
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by troxxer View Post
Hey nib, you did an awesome job with the 7.4 release.

Is there a possibility with the new damage meter to add a second frame which monitors the healing? had my skada set up like this, and now I'm missing it big times :P
Also, can I somehow enable Boss Health Frames without relying on yet another external addon?

Keep on rocking
No way of doing that with alDamageMeter atm. May have to use Skada.

No boss frames included atm, you can re-enabled the Blizzard ones under /realui > Frame Mover > Hide Frames > Boss Frames, or use DBM's boss frames

Originally Posted by webster259 View Post
Nib, I am still running into the issue of my Grid overlapping my action bars when it switches to a 40 man layout. I tried adjusting the Y offset in the options but it seems like after a certain value that no change is being made. Is there anything that I can do in game to get everything to sit under the action bars. Possible a setting that I missed that will allow for vertical groups in the 40 man setup (8 X 5 instead of 5 X 8) and still retain the horizontal setup for 25 and under. Thanks again
Yeah, still working on this one

03-27-13, 05:56 PM   #855
Matski
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
Did you delete the chatter.lua files in the savedvariables folders throughout WTF to make sure it's not something silly there?
Yeah, I've tried doing a 2nd complete reinstall after that issue appeared with removing both Interface and WTF. I've tried everything till now, it only stopped happening once I turned chatter off completely. Later on I tried with setting up a different profile in chatter, making it default, but even this lead to nothing - it still completely, for some probably riddiculous reason, resets itself to the default Nib setup after each and every relog on any and every character Oo. And then I disabled all the addons, and started playing with chatter alone, and it kept happening. I dled newest chatter separetely, same thing. I don't know what is this, someone must have cursed me, or chatter, or us both seriously. For now I just turned chatter off, maybe I'll just use some different chat add on, since I'm currently out of new ideas on how to address this crap.

Originally Posted by webster259 View Post
What I did was simply switching Grid groups into the vertical/horizontal (can't remember now which one is the default, just used the other one) view during a 40 raid, and then back.

03-27-13, 06:32 PM   #856
rdobkins
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by rdobkins View Post
I miss the ability to minimize the map or hide the quest objectives though. Also when I click the "X" at the top right corner of the actual map display it zooms out vice closes the map.
Figured out the quest objectives toggle but noticed that the old style text for "Show Digsites" overlaps with the new fonts for "Track Quest" and "Show Objectives"

03-28-13, 04:20 AM   #857
Stevenlandry
Premium Member

Premium Member
LOve the new UI make setting this up some much quicker just the only problem i have i set all fonts to standard but Damage meters does not change. it not a big deal just wondering how do i change the fant to match everything else? thanks again for this great UI so much better then every UI out there.

Ripshawn YouTube channel

RipShawn Twitch channel

03-28-13, 10:50 AM   #858
Danickar
A Murloc Raider
I downloaded the previous version of your UI a couple days ago and have been toying around with it. I have always just used my own version of a UI with mods and what not and wanted something a little more clean and put together and really like what you did. Came to the website today and saw there was a new version which included some features I was really happy to see, like being able to move the HUD.

I was wondering if there is a way to save things like HUD positioning based off layout? When I am tanking a raid I am zoomed out and like the HUD in the center like the default. When I am doing most anything else I play zoomed in a lot more and like the HUD lower on the screen. I tried using the dps/healer layout options but it doesn't seem to save HUD positioning.

03-28-13, 10:54 AM   #859
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Danickar View Post
I downloaded the previous version of your UI a couple days ago and have been toying around with it. I have always just used my own version of a UI with mods and what not and wanted something a little more clean and put together and really like what you did. Came to the website today and saw there was a new version which included some features I was really happy to see, like being able to move the HUD.

I was wondering if there is a way to save things like HUD positioning based off layout? When I am tanking a raid I am zoomed out and like the HUD in the center like the default. When I am doing most anything else I play zoomed in a lot more and like the HUD lower on the screen. I tried using the dps/healer layout options but it doesn't seem to save HUD positioning.
An interesting thought, shouldn't be too hard to include. I'll look into it.

03-28-13, 10:55 AM   #860
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Nib - I just wanted to say thanks and that you're awesome!

Marth

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI