11-27-11, 04:58 PM   #1
yami
An Aku'mai Servant

Question add on help

hey,

I'm looking for an add on that isn't part of any GUI/unit-frame add on that simply changes the character/target unit frame appearance to something a bit more simpler, and if possible to have a cast bar integrated that will also show your latency.

I'm looking for a plate that looks like the one(s) from the GUI add on. if your wondering why i don't just install the GUI add on, it's because it doesn't have as much customizability as I'd like (i can't get rid of those small bars on the bottom of my screen that show the bags n what not, or the micro-menu that's stuck to the left of the right action bars...)

any help would be greatly appreciated, either with finding a player frame add one, or some help with customizing gui to where the small bars are gone.

thank you
11-27-11, 05:11 PM   #2
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What is it exactly you are looking for?

You want to edit your unit frames to something simpler but do not want a unit frame addon?

You are also talking about changing action bars.

If I am reading this right... Why not try something along the lines of Dominos/Bartender4 (action bar modifiers) and one of the oUF layouts (unitframes). Some of the oUF layouts are very simple. Some that basically just make the base unit frames a bit more user friendly and relocate them.

You do not have to have a full addon compilation or addon suite to achieve a customized UI. Start with one addon that fufills your current needs and go from there.

You might want to check out Vranx.com - it has a bunch of popular addons with basic details all organized by categories to help you figure out what you want to use

Last edited by Unkn : 11-27-11 at 05:20 PM.
11-27-11, 07:30 PM   #3
yami
An Aku'mai Servant

I'm looking for an add on that lets me customize/move the party/raid, player/character, and target/focus frames around, instead of having them stuck at the top/sides of the screen...n have it minimalistic (only show what bars i want, not the whole portrait/lvl/class bs)
11-27-11, 08:13 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If we're talking about the default Blizzard unit frames there is an option to unlock and move them in the client now.

There's no need for addons.

About further customization (apart from moving them around) just take a look at the Unit Frames addon category for what suits your fancy

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » add on help