10-07-12, 07:53 AM   #1
castersrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

Unhappy New bug

For some reason quests aren't showing up on the map after a time. If I turn off all other mods and turn on just carb, doing it like it's the first time loading it after a new update, it'll work for a little bit and then stop showing on the map again. Anyone else having this issue or know a way to fix?

10-07-12, 08:10 AM   #2
castersrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

Or is it possible that another addon is causing the issue? just updated a bunch on curse client...one of which was X-perl, which was also having issues and coming up with error messages. Hopefully with the updates thing will go smoothly again

10-07-12, 08:34 AM   #3
castersrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ok...the updates did fix it. Still having the same issue. Quest will show up numbered on the map at first, but after a little while they disappear off the map (the numbers). I can still track them by the tracker but the don't show on the map. Uber sad face

10-07-12, 10:36 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by castersrus View Post
Ok...the updates did fix it. Still having the same issue. Quest will show up numbered on the map at first, but after a little while they disappear off the map (the numbers). I can still track them by the tracker but the don't show on the map. Uber sad face
Are you seeing this on the Carbonite map? I mean the numbers for quests. I have used Carbonite for the last four years and have never seen quest related numbers on the Carbonite map. On the Blizzard World map, yes, but not Carbonites map. At all. Ever.

That doesn't mean, of course, that it is not happening for you. I've just never seen it.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-07-12, 10:44 AM   #5
castersrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

ikr...I'm used to it coming up with blue shaded areas for what quest is selected when you pull up the map, but it's not coming up with that at all...and the numbers appear periodically on the reg map, not carb map, and then disappear again. Usually with carb in the past even when not using the carb map and using reg ingame map it would come up with the shaded areas for the quests, but like I said, I'm not even getting that now

10-07-12, 11:13 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The absolute first thing you should do id to make sure ALL of your addons are as up to date as is possible. After that:

Well, the only way to really know if it's Carbonite causing the problem would be to try to reproduce it by disabling all of your addons at the character selection screen and testing with absolutely no addons enabled and running to see if that solves the problem completely.

If that solves the problem completely, then go back to the character selection screen and enable ONLY Carbonite. Log back into your character and see if the problem reappears. If it does not, then Carbonite is not causing the problem.

If Carbonite does not cause the problem to reappear, you would have to re-enable small groups (or one at a time if you only have a few) of addons and test until the problem reappears. Then you would have to disable the last group of addons you enabled, and enable that group one at a time, testing after enabling each individual addon in that group, until the problem reappears. That addon should be the one that is causing the conflict.

Time consuming, and possibly irritating, for sure, but it is the only way to really figure out which addon is causing your problem.

EDIT: OK, I just re-read your first post and I'm really baffled. Is your Carbonite updated to the Latest Version? If it is, and everything else is up to date, then I don't have a clue what could be causing your problem. Have you tried resetting Carbonite? To do this go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and delete or rename the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files there.

If that doesn't do it, I don't know what will. /EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-07-12 at 11:33 AM.

10-07-12, 12:03 PM   #7
jlrjr38
A Defias Bandit
You Need To Fix This Carbonite Addon It Does Not Show Map Only Black For All Pandora Areas.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » New bug