05-06-09, 06:24 PM   #1
Sharido
A Defias Bandit
Pally bubble immediately canceled

As the title says, as soon as activate my Paladin's Hand of Protection, it's immediately canceled...

Is this a known bug...or something simple I must turn off?

Other Addons:
TitanPanel
Bagnon
AtlasLoot
Recount
Omen
DBM
Questhelper
TankTotals
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_050609_191937.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	2634  

05-06-09, 08:31 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI shouldn't be stopping spells from happening. It is just an interface set up that is more complete than others that use multiple addons to design it.

The first test you need to do is to see whether the same thing happens when you do not have nUI installed. If it only happens with nUI installed then that is when we need to investigate.

Also, where were you when you cast it ? I just noticed tonight that standing in fordragon hold with a serenity debuff I couldn't even accept a summon or cast a portal until I moved out of the zone.

Ah this may also be the cause. A new change in 3.0.2.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Hand_of_Protection
Using Divine Protection, Divine Shield, or Avenging Wrath will afflict the protected character with the Forbearance debuff, which lasts two minutes and prevents any of those four abilities from being used again while it is active.
So the question is whether you had one of the other buffs going and to stop it from being cast as per forbearance debuff it simply negates it immediately .. just an idea mind you. My pally is only 17 so can't test this myself.

But looking at the screenshot shows me that these 2 ideas may not be the case but then again your debuffs aren't visible as they display in your hud which you don't have displayed..

Last edited by Xrystal : 05-06-09 at 08:39 PM.

05-06-09, 11:04 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The forbearance debuff is on him. You can see it in the unit frame. I'll see if I can test and confirm this, I have an 80 pally to use . I've never actually cast that Hand on myself, lol.

05-06-09, 11:22 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Havent tested it yet, but one addon you have caught my eye.....TankTotals. Some Tanking addons make sure that a tank does not get bubbled....ie lose aggro. From that addons page on Curse:

It will also optionally auto-remove Hand of Protection from tanks.

Take a look at that addons settings. I'm willing to bet that feature is turned on.

05-07-09, 04:23 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Very nice catch there Vis

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-07-09, 01:16 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I had time to test earlier this morning and forgot to post, lol. I bubbled myself with Hand of Protection and had no issues. I received the Forbearance debuff and tried to bubble again and a Blizz warning popped on screen saying I cannot do that yet. I waited the 2 minutes and was able to bubble again using Divine Protection.

My bubble's did not automatically get removed. So nUI is not causing it. I'd definately check that addon's settings. By the looks, it's "optional" auto canceling is in fact turned on.

05-08-09, 09:19 PM   #7
Sharido
A Defias Bandit
I'll confirm it was TankTotals....Thanks for looking into this though guys!

I use that addon on my main...and simply forgot to turn it off for my Pally...My first Pally and I never had problems that addon...

Again, thanks for the help with me jumping to conclusions =)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Pally bubble immediately canceled