10-21-10, 06:10 PM   #1
Reaperjay
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite maps not showing correctly

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me.

Since I've installed the latest version (4.0.11), my world map doesn't show correctly anymore. When I open the map it shows my current zone perfectly as always - flight tracking/waypoints works fine, but when i mouse over any other zone, the details don't show. I have to zoom in almost completely to other zones to see that topographical map, but the map showing mining/herb nodes, etc. doesn't show correctly.

Any thoughts on this?

10-21-10, 06:19 PM   #2
adracamas
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I was having issues with it too.. I told it to clear all user data in one of the config menus and it seems to be cleared up.

10-21-10, 06:27 PM   #3
Reaperjay
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by adracamas View Post
I was having issues with it too.. I told it to clear all user data in one of the config menus and it seems to be cleared up.
I just went through all the options menu's when you right click on the world map and go to options. I don't see an option to clear user data. Could you perhaps tell me exactly where this setting is? Would be much appreciated.

10-21-10, 06:41 PM   #4
adracamas
A Fallenroot Satyr

Click image for larger version

Name:	carbonitereset.gif
Views:	3078
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	5001

Right there.

10-21-10, 06:49 PM   #5
Reaperjay
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by adracamas View Post
Attachment 5001

Right there.
Ah, ok. Thanx. I reset everything just for good measure, but sadly it did not fix the problem. I can still only see data on my current zone, but nothing on others if I mouse over them.

10-22-10, 01:21 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

If you disable all addons except Carbonite, do you still encounter the problem?

10-22-10, 02:29 AM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Do you have the small Blizzard zone map open? It forces the current zone (a shared game setting) to be selected. Close that window.

10-22-10, 03:17 AM   #8
Reaperjay
A Murloc Raider
I've only go that square carbonite minimap open, no other maps. I'll try and fiddle a bit more tonight when i get home from work.

The funny thing is that it worked fine one day - same version - but now it's buggy.

10-25-10, 12:09 AM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've had cases where someone had it open, but it was under something, so they couldn't see it.

Try pressing shift-m to toggle it.

11-23-11, 02:57 PM   #10
Panamajack
A Defias Bandit
Hey its been a while on this post but I am having the same problem, only that its intermittently bugging. Sometimes it will be fine. It happened even when i disabled the other addons.

11-30-11, 01:18 PM   #11
jen7677
A Kobold Labourer

Exclamation same issue

ok so my map is also not displaying right, one minute it was fine, the next there is no location bar, everything on the sides and top and bottom is all grey too, also the map does not highlight I guess it is when I mouse over it, it seems darker is basically what mine is doing, I suspect its cause of an update. anyways I tried disabling all the addons but Carbonite, that did not work, I did a reset of character settings, that did not work. I love this addon but I must say I agree with another post I saw on here that this addon lacks regular updates and that for me is disappointing. I do appreciate all the work that is done to make such a great addon! anyways if anyone has a remedy I'd greatly appreciate it!

11-30-11, 02:14 PM   #12
Bastiene
A Fallenroot Satyr
Blizzard made changes

Originally Posted by jen7677 View Post
ok so my map is also not displaying right, one minute it was fine, the next there is no location bar, everything on the sides and top and bottom is all grey too, also the map does not highlight I guess it is when I mouse over it, it seems darker is basically what mine is doing, I suspect its cause of an update. anyways I tried disabling all the addons but Carbonite, that did not work, I did a reset of character settings, that did not work. I love this addon but I must say I agree with another post I saw on here that this addon lacks regular updates and that for me is disappointing. I do appreciate all the work that is done to make such a great addon! anyways if anyone has a remedy I'd greatly appreciate it!
Blizzard has made some changes to the graphic content of the game. None updated addon's are now looking at the wrong place for them for instance the "!" icon. Until they are updated a lot of map mod type addons will have issues with many aspects of displaying content.

IE the ! not showing or the flashing icon for node gathering all be it herb or ore or whatever. The maps will also be effected not highlighting or whatever the case may be until the addon is fully updated with all the graphic changes made.

11-30-11, 02:17 PM   #13
mcmythfit
A Defias Bandit
the "fixed" thread http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41925 helped me with some of the problems except for my mini map icon corruption. this might help you.

01-09-12, 12:38 PM   #14
Panamajack
A Defias Bandit
NIce

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Do you have the small Blizzard zone map open? It forces the current zone (a shared game setting) to be selected. Close that window.
Yo this worked for me! It seemed like such a little thing when i tried "EVERYTHING" Else!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite maps not showing correctly