02-16-13, 05:08 PM   #341
Ullyr
A Defias Bandit

Have a question and bug for pallies, Every time despite me being in Seal of insight(Playing as holy obviously) it will show it grey'd out as if I don't have it on. Someone had the same issue a while ago and you responded to them telling them to change something, don't remember exactly but I remember trying it and it didn't fix the problem.

Would love to know how to get rid of it cause it is so annoying.

02-16-13, 05:14 PM   #342
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ullyr View Post
Have a question and bug for pallies, Every time despite me being in Seal of insight(Playing as holy obviously) it will show it grey'd out as if I don't have it on. Someone had the same issue a while ago and you responded to them telling them to change something, don't remember exactly but I remember trying it and it didn't fix the problem.

Would love to know how to get rid of it cause it is so annoying.
/realui > Aura Watch > Untick Enabled

02-18-13, 05:48 PM   #343
tazmo
A Kobold Labourer
grid problem

I am facing a problem with grid, that drives me crazy....
Whenever I try to change something about the Frame size, Font or try to drag Grid to a different position, it just keeps popping back to the bottom.
At first I thought, the Real UI profile might not be possible to be overwritten so I created a new profile and copied the settings from the Real UI, but it still keeps happening...

I would really appreciate any kind of help in order to fix this issue.

Thanks!

02-18-13, 06:37 PM   #344
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by tazmo View Post
I am facing a problem with grid, that drives me crazy....
Whenever I try to change something about the Frame size, Font or try to drag Grid to a different position, it just keeps popping back to the bottom.
At first I thought, the Real UI profile might not be possible to be overwritten so I created a new profile and copied the settings from the Real UI, but it still keeps happening...

I would really appreciate any kind of help in order to fix this issue.

Thanks!
/realui > Grid Layout Changer

02-18-13, 07:31 PM   #345
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I am (finally) seeing the almost-offscreen loot won window. It happens with an alt but not with my main.

02-18-13, 07:40 PM   #346
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
I am (finally) seeing the almost-offscreen loot won window. It happens with an alt but not with my main.
Could you post a screenshot for me when/if you see it again? Thanks

02-18-13, 07:46 PM   #347
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Could you post a screenshot for me when/if you see it again? Thanks
I'll do my best. It showed up in the upper left part of the screen, to the right of the the minimap (if I remember right).

02-19-13, 05:51 AM   #348
Anieze
A Defias Bandit
I get error messages stating I can't report players afk in BGs because various addons, like bartender or mapster, won't allow it. Same error happens when I try to overwrite a glyph or talent sometimes. Why would this happen?

02-19-13, 11:51 AM   #349
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Anieze View Post
I get error messages stating I can't report players afk in BGs because various addons, like bartender or mapster, won't allow it. Same error happens when I try to overwrite a glyph or talent sometimes. Why would this happen?
Unfortunately Blizzard made a few aspects of their UI almost impossible to not get tainted by addons, such as their Raid Frames and the Glyph window. Not much can be done about it.

02-19-13, 08:18 PM   #350
anubis06660
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
d/l and installed r8 and got this during a Sha run. Not sure if it's just a basic protected issue or if it is new.

2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "nibRealUI" tried to call the protected function "CompactRaidFrameManagerContainerResizeFrame:Hide()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
<in C code>
Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameManager.lua:559: in function "CompactRaidFrameManager_LockContainer"
Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameManager.lua:552: in function "CompactRaidFrameManager_UpdateContainerLockVisibility"
Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameManager.lua:46: in function <Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameManager.lua:39>

Locals:
nil

02-19-13, 08:30 PM   #351
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by anubis06660 View Post
d/l and installed r8 and got this during a Sha run. Not sure if it's just a basic protected issue or if it is new.
Yeah, same ol' Raid Frame taint issue.

02-19-13, 10:08 PM   #352
webster259
A Cyclonian
Items not displaying correctly

I don't know what it is but I'm having the issue with some items not properly displaying or displaying at all. I'm not sure how else to explain besides attaching a picture. You can see that my trinket name doesn't show up and in the chat window, loot that someone else has won is showing up as "[]". Has anyone else has this issue?

02-19-13, 10:24 PM   #353
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by webster259 View Post
I don't know what it is but I'm having the issue with some items not properly displaying or displaying at all. I'm not sure how else to explain besides attaching a picture. You can see that my trinket name doesn't show up and in the chat window, loot that someone else has won is showing up as "[]". Has anyone else has this issue?
This can be caused by a corrupted cache. Exit WoW and delete your World of Warcraft\Cache folder. Next time you launch WoW that folder will be rebuilt and the issue resolved.

02-19-13, 10:52 PM   #354
webster259
A Cyclonian
This can be caused by a corrupted cache. Exit WoW and delete your World of Warcraft\Cache folder. Next time you launch WoW that folder will be rebuilt and the issue resolved.
That did the trick, thank you very much

02-20-13, 03:04 PM   #355
bobbybigguns
A Defias Bandit
... Has been blocked from an action only available ...

I get a ton of these from mainly Raven, Mik's and Omni CC. Any ideas?

Also, Miks failed to install when I first added everything. I do have the addon, but I would like to see your customizations. How can I get your profile or what should I do?

Lastly, I am impressed! I am customizing bartender, etc and would like to export my config. Is there an option for this should I need to delete my addons folder, WTF, etc?

- Your biggest fan
Bobby Big Guns /flex

P.S. - How do I log off? I have been using /camp

Last edited by bobbybigguns : 02-20-13 at 03:32 PM.

02-20-13, 04:00 PM   #356
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by bobbybigguns View Post
I get a ton of these from mainly Raven, Mik's and Omni CC. Any ideas?

Also, Miks failed to install when I first added everything. I do have the addon, but I would like to see your customizations. How can I get your profile or what should I do?

Lastly, I am impressed! I am customizing bartender, etc and would like to export my config. Is there an option for this should I need to delete my addons folder, WTF, etc?

- Your biggest fan
Bobby Big Guns /flex

P.S. - How do I log off? I have been using /camp
When you installed, did the actionbars look like they did in your screenshot? If so, it looks like there may be more issues than Miks failing to install. It would be wise to go through the Troubleshooting steps detailed at the bottom of the RealUI page.

To make a backup of your Bartender settings, copy the WTF\Account\YOURACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables\Bartender.lua file to a backup folder somewhere.

02-20-13, 05:19 PM   #357
bobbybigguns
A Defias Bandit
When you installed, did the actionbars look like they did in your screenshot? If so, it looks like there may be more issues than Miks failing to install. It would be wise to go through the Troubleshooting steps detailed at the bottom of the RealUI page.

To make a backup of your Bartender settings, copy the WTF\Account\YOURACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables\Bartender.lua file to a backup folder somewhere.

No I changed them around. I am messing with Bartender. I am more interested in the errors that keep popping up than my toolbars. Anything that can be done about those?

02-20-13, 06:31 PM   #358
Skyotter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Resto Mushrooms

have you created a tracker for resto mushroom absorbs yet?

I am not good at making addons, however I have an idea if you havent addressed this yet.

Keep how the mushrooms are shown, as little yellow dots, however they are transparent, and where every bit of healing happens the dots become more solid in color. I have no idea how viable something like that could be made, however I just would like to make that suggestion.

The other idea that I had was, if the above idea didnt work just have them be different colors. Like a stoplight. When they are first laid down they are red, then at 50% yellow and at full green.

Again no idea how viable that is, but some sort of tracking for this would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Sky

02-20-13, 06:45 PM   #359
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Skyotter View Post
have you created a tracker for resto mushroom absorbs yet?

I am not good at making addons, however I have an idea if you havent addressed this yet.

Keep how the mushrooms are shown, as little yellow dots, however they are transparent, and where every bit of healing happens the dots become more solid in color. I have no idea how viable something like that could be made, however I just would like to make that suggestion.

The other idea that I had was, if the above idea didnt work just have them be different colors. Like a stoplight. When they are first laid down they are red, then at 50% yellow and at full green.

Again no idea how viable that is, but some sort of tracking for this would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Sky
The point display addon doesn't really have much in the way of that functionality, however it may be possible to set something up with the HuD and make a curvy bar to keep track of it. How complicated it will be will depend on how attainable the values are for how much they've absorbed. If the amount they've absorbed is available through the WoW API, then it's a simple matter. If it needs to be calculated via reading the combat log, that's a different story entirely.

02-20-13, 06:48 PM   #360
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by bobbybigguns View Post
No I changed them around. I am messing with Bartender. I am more interested in the errors that keep popping up than my toolbars. Anything that can be done about those?
Those errors could be caused by any addon interacting with the Blizz UI, but it's hard to tell which is doing it because the addon in the error message isn't likely to be the actual culprit. World Marker addons are notorious for causing these errors. Can't do much about it except not use the addons that cause the errors. The only time I've seen this with RealUI is when you use the Glyph window.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI