08-15-09, 11:47 AM   #1
adventjay07
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
tooltip removal

How do I remove the tooltip that comes up under the minimap where the time and location is stated... every time i hover my mouse over a npc/player it puts a tooltip with health/mana/race/spec over the time and location... I'd like to eliminate this....

ALSO.. to kill 2 birds with one stone..

How do i get rid of the bar at the top... I've moved the /nui movers for the HUD/FPS/Latency thing... but the bar at the top is still there... I've seen several screenshots of people usign nUI and the bar at the top isnt present.. so i know its possible.. i'd appreciate if someone can tell me how

thanks

08-15-09, 11:53 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can either *cheat* and set toppanel to mouseover visibility or you can download one of the skins that removes the upper panel skin.

The tooltip at the bottom is the mouseover tooltip. It's probably possible to turn it off but it might turn off the time and coords there as well. Or Vice Versa.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-15-09, 12:40 PM   #3
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Try /nui movers and see if your tooltip placement window is positioned over your map. It shouldn't be but maybe it got moved there by mistake.

08-15-09, 03:11 PM   #4
adventjay07
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
its not... xrystal knows what im talking about i think... but the fix he/she suggested isnt correct.. i've been trying all day but cant seem to find a way to do it... anyone else know what im talking about??

the tooltips are where they are supposed to be... im talking about the frame that comes up under the minimap where the time and location info is... just shows a player/npc name health and mana... and their spec or humanoids if npc...

i want that frame to be remove..

thanks for the help >.>

08-15-09, 04:31 PM   #5
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

A screen shot would help.

-Napoleon Dynamage

08-15-09, 05:51 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
They are talking about this .. spot the difference test :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_081609_005050.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	3178  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_081609_005045.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	3179  

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-15-09, 10:12 PM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

That is not a tooltip... it's an actual unit frame and there's no way to disable it short of editing the code. And if you do a lot of instances or raiding, you'll actually find that unit frame can be exceptionally handy for targeting in complex situations since it gives you far more info than the tooltips such as raid icons, etc.

Originally Posted by adventjay07 View Post
its not... xrystal knows what im talking about i think... but the fix he/she suggested isnt correct.. i've been trying all day but cant seem to find a way to do it... anyone else know what im talking about??

the tooltips are where they are supposed to be... im talking about the frame that comes up under the minimap where the time and location info is... just shows a player/npc name health and mana... and their spec or humanoids if npc...

i want that frame to be remove..

thanks for the help >.>

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-16-09, 09:32 PM   #8
adventjay07
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i suppose you are right... but then is there away to make it so the text on there isnt off the screen..... if u look at xrystal's screen shot u can see where it says the spec.... it kinda goes to far below the screen....

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » tooltip removal