12-15-06, 05:10 AM   #1
Ceaphion
A Defias Bandit
MT function now useless for healers

What motivated the change in the keybinds from "target MT1" to "target MT1's target target"? This has made the whole thing pretty useless for healers.

Is this a restriction from Blizzard or just bad judgement ? It seems to me that targetting "party24targettarget" is no different from targetting "party24".

Example: we're fighting... well, pretty much any boss in BWL... and I'm assigned to heal MT3. My keybind now simply targets whoever has aggro rather than who I'm supposed to be healing.

Please fix if possible.
12-15-06, 12:00 PM   #2
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Ceaphion
What motivated the change in the keybinds from "target MT1" to "target MT1's target target"? This has made the whole thing pretty useless for healers.

Is this a restriction from Blizzard or just bad judgement ? It seems to me that targetting "party24targettarget" is no different from targetting "party24".

Example: we're fighting... well, pretty much any boss in BWL... and I'm assigned to heal MT3. My keybind now simply targets whoever has aggro rather than who I'm supposed to be healing.

Please fix if possible.
If you're specifically assigned to heal a certain tank, why not simply make a macro that you edit before engaging every boss.
/target MyTarget

I've done this for a while now. I also have
/target Boss
/assist
12-21-06, 03:36 PM   #3
Ceaphion
A Defias Bandit
Not really helpful, the point is to avoid mouse clicks and avoid set up. If I wanted to set it up for every fight, I'd use PTs. Also I like to hit buttons to quickly check up on the other tanks.

It would be nice if they were going to make it target target's target if they could at least have kept the old version as WELL...
12-21-06, 03:47 PM   #4
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I don't know if the MT windows are considered raid frames or not, but you could set up a healing macro that will let you heal using either a Flash or Greater heal (depending on what you cast) based on mouseover the frame and hitting the macro key.

For my paladin, I use the following macros for healing and cleansing, that seem to work remarkably well for things like this:

Cleanse (Decurse)
/cast [modifier:ctrl,target=player] Cleanse; [target=mouseover, help] Cleanse; [target=target, help] Cleanse; [target=targettarget, help] Cleanse; [target=player] Cleanse

Flash of Light (Max Rank)
/cast [modifier:ctrl,target=player] Flash of Light; [target=mouseover, help] Flash of Light; [target=target, help] Flash of Light; [target=targettarget, help] Flash of Light; [target=player] Flash of Light

Holy Light (Max Rank)
/cast [modifier:ctrl,target=player] Holy Light; [target=mouseover, help] Holy Light; [target=target, help] Holy Light; [target=targettarget, help] Holy Light; [target=player] Holy Light

Just substitute for priest healing and cleansing spells and you're all set.

Now, if the MT frame doesn't work like a raid frame, then.... sucks.
12-21-06, 06:55 PM   #5
Ceaphion
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the tip but again, this doesn't work because the MT frames are showing the MT's target, and the MT's target target. No frame consistently shows the MT himself (unless he has aggro).

All I want is for the keybind to work again. Ctrl+F1 = target MT1, etc. Looking at the code it seems that keybinds are set up to simulate mouse clicks on the MT target's target frame. An obvious solution that would be useful in its own right would be to have an extra (and perhaps optional) column to the MT window that shows the MTs themselves. Then the keybindings could select those buttons.
12-24-06, 06:33 PM   #6
Dargen
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What motivated the change in the keybinds from "target MT1" to "target MT1's target target"? ... Is this a restriction from Blizzard or just bad judgement ?...
Because the buttons are now Blizzard's secure buttons, you can only bind a key to target the unit assigned to the button. That's why CT_RaidAssist can only use keybindings to target the MT Target, and MT Targets' Targets.

Thanks for the tip but again, this doesn't work because the MT frames are showing the MT's target, and the MT's target target. No frame consistently shows the MT himself (unless he has aggro)....An obvious solution that would be useful in its own right would be to have an extra (and perhaps optional) column to the MT window that shows the MTs themselves. Then the keybindings could select those buttons.
Until they add an extra column in CT_RaidAssist for the MT players (possibly in version 2.0 ?), you could try my EkCTRA_MTTargets addon which does exactly that. The latest version which works with the WoW 2.0 patch is available at WowInterface and Curse-Gaming.com. It adds an optional MT Players column with buff/debuff icons and keybindings, an optional MT Pets column with keybindings, and raid target icons on the Targets and Targets Targets, etc. You can keep the MT groups joined together, or move them independently.

Last edited by Dargen : 12-24-06 at 09:29 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MT function now useless for healers