07-14-10, 09:04 AM   #1
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Even ESRB can't get it right...

I just checked my email and found this from the ESRB;

Yesterday we sent an e-mail to a number of consumers who wrote to us in recent days expressing their concern with respect to Blizzard's Real ID program. Given the large number of messages we received, we decided to respond with a mass e-mail so those who'd written us would receive our response as quickly as possible - rather than responding to each message individually, as is our usual practice.

Through an unfortunate error by one of our employees, some recipients were able to see the e-mail addresses of others who wrote on the same issue. Needless to say, it was never our intention to reveal this information and for that we are genuinely sorry. Those who write to ESRB to express their views expect and deserve to have their contact and personal information protected. In this case, we failed to do so and are doing everything we can to ensure it will not happen again in the future.

The fact that our message addressed individuals' concerns with respect to their privacy underscores how truly disappointing a mistake this was on our part. We work with companies to ensure they are handling people's private information with confidentiality, care and respect. It is only right that we set a good example and do no less ourselves.

We sincerely apologize to those who were affected by this error and appreciate their understanding.

Sincerely,

Entertainment Software Rating Board
I laughed so loud, I scared my dogs!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-14-10, 09:12 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Heh, yeah, heard about that the other day. Irony, anyone?
07-14-10, 09:35 AM   #3
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hahaha
07-14-10, 10:48 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is hitting the news, too. Rather than posting a bunch of links, just Google for ESRB in the news section.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Even ESRB can't get it right...