01-09-10, 01:43 AM   #1
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Feral Druid / Action Bar

So i realize the top action bar has 2 bars in it; and when you shapeshift it actually saves yet another bar. I was curious if it's at all possible to have it remember a 3rd bar? I've used barmods in the past where i can shapeshift; and my main bars change, but when i use Prowl in kitty form, it gives me yet another bar where i can put my prowl abilities on. So like changing forms, prowl would trigger another bar without having to auto switch bars or use another bar for those abilities.

Was just curious if this was going to be at all possible in nui6..

01-09-10, 03:03 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes I believe in nUI 6 you will have more flexibility with the bars and I suspect things similar to how the other bar addons work will be possible.

01-09-10, 10:48 AM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There is a brief discussion on wowwiki of the ten action bars blizz makes available in the game, all of which are available in nUI 5. Basically, bars 1 thru 6 are on the scrollable "top bar" in nUI, bars 2-6 also appear elsewhere in the nUI dashboard, although I can't remember offhand which is which. Bar 10, which as far as blizz is concerned is "unassigned" is also permanently available on the nUI dashboard (so seven of the ten bars can always be visible). What's not always visible are bars 7, 8, and 9, which blizz (and nUI) use for various warrior stances, druid forms, or rogue stealth. Logically, since a cat-form druid, when prowling, has abilities not available to him otherwise (pounce, for example), there should be a fourth "form bar" which would automatically replace bar one when the druid prowls. I guess blizz decided that having bar 10 "unassigned" was more important.

As Xrystal says, I think Spiel plans to include some way (more bars?) in nUI 6 to auto-change bar 1 when prowling in cat form.

01-10-10, 11:05 AM   #4
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Yea exactly! I dont remember if it was bartender or something else that did that; but in bc when i was feral; I'd hit Cat form, and my bar would change of course. And if i hit prowl it'd change again.. And since I've recently spec'd feral tank/dps ontop of healing i was surprised lol.

Thanks for the imput =)

01-10-10, 11:09 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, I used to use bartender and it did that. I just assumed at the time it was a part of the blizzard bar change so was surprised when nUI didn't do it. Learn something new every day

01-12-10, 11:25 AM   #6
Jordro
A Cyclonian
Druid bar problem

For my druid which was respec'd boomkin/resto, I have a prob with the bars. Bar 1 is gone. When I go into boomkin, bar 6 (bottom right) shows up as bar 1 and I had to drag all my spells to bar two which is the one on the bottom left. It works as long as I remember when I get res'd and switch to boomkin I have to click the up button on the casting bar once or when I hit my one key, I wont get moonfire but will get the leather working box instead lol

01-12-10, 02:55 PM   #7
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Jordro View Post
For my druid which was respec'd boomkin/resto, I have a prob with the bars. Bar 1 is gone. When I go into boomkin, bar 6 (bottom right) shows up as bar 1 and I had to drag all my spells to bar two which is the one on the bottom left. It works as long as I remember when I get res'd and switch to boomkin I have to click the up button on the casting bar once or when I hit my one key, I wont get moonfire but will get the leather working box instead lol
Thats actually intended to work that way. When you switch to boomkin it changes just like when you shape shift to any other form, unfortunately their are only 10 bars and druids require an extra shape shift bar so you see it duplicated in the bottom right this is bar 10. If you put all your boomkin spells on that bar and leave the main bar on page 1 you will get all your spells on the primary bar.

02-09-10, 08:27 PM   #8
tranceeternal
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by neuralassassin
Thats actually intended to work that way. When you switch to boomkin it changes just like when you shape shift to any other form, unfortunately their are only 10 bars and druids require an extra shape shift bar so you see it duplicated in the bottom right this is bar 10. If you put all your boomkin spells on that bar and leave the main bar on page 1 you will get all your spells on the primary bar.
It doesn't have to work this way. I came from using Dominos (and considered going back when I ran into this issue with my Boomkin) and was able to use all 6 visible bars, plus have unique stance bars without any issues. I used the following setup:

Action Bar 1: Caster form
Action Bars 2 - 6: Utility Bars that did not change based on form.
Action Bar 7: Bear/Dire Bear Form
Action Bar 8: Cat Form
Action Bar 9: Prowl Form
Action Bar 10: Boomkin/Resto Form

Dominoes allowed me to set which bar was used for which form and adjusted what was displayed/casted on Action Bar 1 based on the form. If something like that could be duplicated, it would make this pretty much the perfect add on.

I wasn't able to find how to adjust which bar the Boomkin used or add the unused bar to the gui, so I lost one of my utility bars.

02-09-10, 10:09 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I believe, and I may be wrong, Dominoes actually creates additional button bars to handle stances. nUI doesn't do that. At least at present anyway. All it does is emulate ( for want of a better word ) the blizzard standard button bars but rebuilds them to work with nUI. That way it is less likely to change if Blizzard make a change to the way they work. I think Scott said that he is making the button bars more flexible in nUI 6. Unless I was imagining that rofl.

Edit: Scrolls down to read the rest and realise I said all this already .. nothing new to see .. movealong .. rofl

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-09-10 at 10:42 PM.

02-10-10, 05:12 AM   #10
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

The reason I put This in as a suggestion is because it would be useful to those of us druids who have multiple specs and multiple roles.

For instance my primary 2 specs are feral druid tank and resto druid healer. However I have a third set of gear for feral dps; when I am with certain people in raids I pay for the respec for that spec in my feral tree and play dps. The problem with the feral dps spec is in essence I need more than the 2 standard blizz bars that other addons used to let you use. Feral DPS druids use 3 stance bars in essence, Standard out of shift, Shifted, than one for Prowl. Bartander/grid emulates extra bars to do this.

The problem with having emulated bars is that if you disable the addon those extra bars arnt saved by the server so; theirs no way to use them (since blizz only allows 10, and your essentially using 11).

Though, the reason this was suggested for nui6 was because why in gods name would you disable nui lol.

02-10-10, 05:30 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

nUI already supports all of the Druid forms, it's just a pain that one of those bars also happens to be the bottom right action bar. For any other spec this is a non-issue, but for Druid's it is since that's their moonkin bar. The bottom line is that it is an "extra" bar for every other class/spec but unfortunately is not for a Druid.

There's actually a FAQ for this issue here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20916

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-10-10, 08:04 AM   #12
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
nUI already supports all of the Druid forms, it's just a pain that one of those bars also happens to be the bottom right action bar. For any other spec this is a non-issue, but for Druid's it is since that's their moonkin bar. The bottom line is that it is an "extra" bar for every other class/spec but unfortunately is not for a Druid.

There's actually a FAQ for this issue here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20916
Yea, i know! I guess for me its from BC using Bartender and having the ability to hit "prowl" and having another bar appear. I don't know if this was in the blizzards stock 10 bars or if bartender was creating an 11th bar, but it was extremely useful. Especially with those of us who are very picky and ocd about how our bars are setup and where things go for keybinds, clicks etc.

02-10-10, 08:14 AM   #13
tranceeternal
A Defias Bandit
First, let me say that this addon is great so far; I'm still new to it, but I like it enough to be willing to tinker to make it just right. I'm looking forward to 6, when I can move things around a little more easily; although, playing with the lua files is fun too. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I am trying to provide information that may be helpful, so if I am perceived as one, please let me know. I don't want to offend or upset anyone.

I think we're not quite seeing the same thing, and I think I might know the issue. It has to do with Moonkin versus Tree of Life. By default, Blizzard sets Moonkin at "Bar 6" and TOL at "Bar 10" so Druids need that extra bar. I'm using arbitrary bar numbers for simplicity. They can actually use the same bar to hold their form spells because it is not possible to have both Moonkin and TOL in the same spec. Cataclysm may change this and allow for both forms, so it would then be a unique situation.

So, it is possible for Druids to work within the 4 stance bars, by simply pointing Moonkin to the TOL bar. Dominos allows this through the config gui without using any additional bars. Unfortunately, I do not have the knowledge to even know where in the code this would be, but it is possible.

02-10-10, 08:37 AM   #14
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by marioinfinity View Post
I don't know if this was in the blizzards stock 10 bars or if bartender was creating an 11th bar
Yeah.. that's not a standard Blizzard feature. You'll be able to do the same in nUI6 though.

02-10-10, 08:44 AM   #15
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by tranceeternal View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I am trying to provide information that may be helpful, so if I am perceived as one, please let me know. I don't want to offend or upset anyone.
No worries... not taken that way at all.

I think we're not quite seeing the same thing, and I think I might know the issue. It has to do with Moonkin versus Tree of Life. By default, Blizzard sets Moonkin at "Bar 6" and TOL at "Bar 10" so Druids need that extra bar.
We are talking about the same thing. nUI provides every bar that Blizzard provides. All 10 bars, all 120 buttons. The problem is that the "extra" bar needed by your spec requires Bar 10, which is the same bar I use for the action bar that is located at the bottom right corner of the dashboard.

For any class/spec other than yours, that bar is never used by the Blizzard UI, so it's free for me to use as an "extra" bar for whatever the player may want to use it for. However, for your spec, that is not an extra bar, so whatever goes on that bar also goes on your Moonkin/TOL bar (whichever one it is) so that when you shift to that form, you see the same actions that you see in the bottom right hand bar in nUI.

For now, there's just no getting around that.

Aside from that one thing, as already mentioned, nUI supports every action bar Blizzard supports including the stance bar, vehicle bar, pet bar, form bar, aura bar, mind control, the "special" bars, etc. They're all there and behave in the exact same way they do in the Blizzard interface.

02-10-10, 02:32 PM   #16
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Lol, thanks!

I know you said in another post that you could not see why anyone would need more than 120 buttons, but yea know, i could use about 124 lol.

The other druids here posting should note that 6.0 will give us a little bit more for our pickyness that is druids lol

11-09-10, 06:15 PM   #17
dughug
A Kobold Labourer
nUI druid interface setup help

Hi guys/gals:

Hope this is the right place to ask for help. I'm a level 46 night elf druid, specced as feral kitty until I hit 80. Could some help me setup my nUI for each stance, and their rotations? It's been a year since I played and I'm clueless as to where I should put all my spells/abilities and on what bars. Thanks in advance.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Feral Druid / Action Bar