10-07-09, 08:28 AM   #1
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Autobar replacement

Anyone know of one? with Autobar has not been updated in a year I think it's time to look for something similiar as it seems to be using a lot of memory now. Not to mention there's a bug when using certain waters ( at least the icon is ) but is in fact buff food.

Last edited by Bens : 10-07-09 at 08:29 AM. Reason: spelling errors
10-07-09, 08:51 AM   #2
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try OPie. It's not the same, but you should find that it does what you want.
10-07-09, 08:58 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
AutoBar has been updated since its last posting here at wowi. The latest update was last week: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../auto-bar.aspx

That said, I currently use a combination of OPie and Buffet, and my hubby has been trying out OPie and GiveMeX.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-07-09, 06:19 PM   #4
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Personally, I've been using http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7190-XBar.html as an alternative to Autobar, but it doesn't give the automatic pots/flasks/food that Autobar used.

Also personally, I hate opie's rings with a deep abiding hatred. I invariably would have it use a bandage or something while I was testing it. I know over time I'd probably get used to it, but I dislike that my mouse has to be in a certain area before I do the key combo to bring up the item, or something else would get chosen instead.
10-08-09, 01:31 PM   #5
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Thanks for all the suggestions I will give those a try andd see what works for me
10-08-09, 03:11 PM   #6
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I tried replacing it myself, I even started an attempt at writing something that wouldn't require a library... but I fail at my level of skill for something of that nature and nothing I used seemed to measure up to what I like. I stuck it out and managed to keep it working for the basics. As Seerah said, there have been updates... although it's still a resource monster if it's the only addon you use with Ace2 (or is it Ace3?... bleh, you get the point ).

If you like circles, oPie is nice though.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Autobar replacement