03-25-12, 02:45 AM   #1
Xark
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
druid manabar

hey all

i would love to know how the thing with the druidmanabar works...

i am using ouf_hank as main-layout

first question, should i use the external addon or the build in of ouf?

second question, how to enable it within ouf_hank

thnx Xark
03-25-12, 09:51 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xark View Post
first question, should i use the external addon or the build in of ouf?
The plugin was written before oUF supported a druid mana bar. Now that oUF does support it, you should just use the core element, not the plugin. I don't think the plugin is maintained/supported anymore.

second question, how to enable it within ouf_hank
You would need to add code to the layout that created a druid mana element. You would probably also want to add code to customize how the mana bar looks and acts so that it fits in with the layout. I'd suggest looking at how the layout currently handles a regular mana element, and try duplicating that, changing the name and position, and then tweaking anything you don't like.
03-26-12, 04:44 AM   #3
Xark
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
You would need to add code to the layout that created a druid mana element. You would probably also want to add code to customize how the mana bar looks and acts so that it fits in with the layout. I'd suggest looking at how the layout currently handles a regular mana element, and try duplicating that, changing the name and position, and then tweaking anything you don't like.
gnaaaah, why lua needs u to study this ****??? tried to find something with mana in all files but didnt get anything... guess i have to life with it or switch bag to suf :x
03-26-12, 05:28 AM   #4
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

gnaaaah, why lua needs u to study this ****??? tried to find something with mana in all files but didnt get anything... guess i have to life with it or switch bag to suf :x
To use oUF and mod it to fit your own needs, it is quite important that you are willing to dive into the LUA, it's just the way it's build up.

If you don't like that, then there's the option to download an already complete layout that has got the feautures that you need. I looked quick and found a layout that had druid mana bar, oUF_Jir.
03-26-12, 05:37 AM   #5
Xark
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by lerb View Post
I looked quick and found a layout that had druid mana bar, oUF_Jir.
i found many layouts using this, but u will agree, that one like me, who has no clue about lua is even not able to copy / paste such a little thing like the drood manabar, cause it just wont work :x

sure ouf is all about lua and this and its ok... but imo its just to complex if you cant even change or add such little things to existing layouts... maybe i am the only one
03-26-12, 11:44 AM   #6
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's the whole point of oUF - you have total control over your Unit Frames via Lua programming. If you aren't a programmer, then you should either use a layout that was made by someone who is or use a UF AddOn which has built-in configuration.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
03-26-12, 11:59 AM   #7
Xark
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
your all are right, but i am sooo much in love with ouf_hank...

what ever...

maybe one of you guys who knows lua programming willed to tweak a few things for me when i "donate" the one a few or a few more € via paypal?

would be lovely

Last edited by Xark : 03-26-12 at 04:23 PM.
03-27-12, 08:12 AM   #8
Xark
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
realy? nobody??? come on, if one of you is in the lua thing it will take a few minutes i gues... for the prize, we can talk about everything
03-27-12, 04:40 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

Offering money will usually not change anyone's mind, and will often have the opposite result. The low amount you're probably willing to pay for our time is not a meaningful compensation for programming work if you look at the actual market value of that skill.

We're not here looking for jobs. We're here because we enjoy writing and/or using addons, and enjoy playing WoW, and enjoy being part of the community.

Most of us are happy to help you help yourself, but don't have the time or interest to simply do things for you, especially if you come here acting like you're entitled to something.
03-27-12, 11:15 PM   #10
Xark
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wow, i am speechless

thnx for nothing
03-28-12, 02:41 AM   #11
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
wow, i am speechless

thnx for nothing
You may not like the response, but it happens to be true.

oUF is a framework that allows programmers to write unit frames that do specifically what they want. no more, no less. This means that the majority of the unit frames based upon oUF can only be modified by changing the code.

If you want to start learning lua and need help modifying an existing unit frame to do what you want, then this community can be very helpful (especially if you post enough details of what you want to achieve, what you have tried so far and any errors you are encountering).

If you expect someone else to do all the grunt work for you, then the response will not be too receptive.
03-28-12, 04:37 AM   #12
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Word. Phanx is correct.

It's actually not that hard. Just dig into it.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
04-01-12, 01:30 AM   #13
Monolit
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Offering money will usually not change anyone's mind, and will often have the opposite result. The low amount you're probably willing to pay for our time is not a meaningful compensation for programming work if you look at the actual market value of that skill.

We're not here looking for jobs. We're here because we enjoy writing and/or using addons, and enjoy playing WoW, and enjoy being part of the community.

Most of us are happy to help you help yourself, but don't have the time or interest to simply do things for you, especially if you come here acting like you're entitled to something.
actually that reminded me of 1 video I saw not so long ago:
http://www.snotr.com/video/4654
check it out
04-03-12, 04:48 AM   #14
Rainrider
A Firelord
There is one more thing to it other than autonomy, mastery and purpose - and that's communication. You ask straight questions you get straight answers. No dear sir or madam, no sincerely yours. People talk like friends to you here, they give you advice, they help you on the way and by doing this they give you something much better - you learn how to do it yourself and you learn how to communicate. And all of this for absolutely no obligations to help somebody yourself or to pay. You learn soft(ware) skills here in a friendly manner. And that's huge. Use this, but put some effort into it other than clicking on some paypal buttons.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » druid manabar