09-21-09, 09:26 AM   #1
dbiagioni
A Defias Bandit
Installation

Hey guys. Im trying to install NUI+ but everytime I do what the FAQ says. It does not work. When I log into wow I dont have an addon button in the bottom left hand corner. What am I doing wrong?

09-21-09, 09:43 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How are you extracting the zip file ?

You should be extracting it into a temporary folder somewhere and then opening that folder and copying the folder ( nui ) within it and putting it in the Interface/AddOns/ folder in your wow game.

What you also need to be aware of also is that if this is on a vista machine you may have 2 copies of the game installed. So, if you are using vista check if you have a copy in the Users/Public/Games folder and if so that is where you need to run wow and use addons.

Check these 2 out and see what happens as these are usually the main cause for the button not appearing.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

09-21-09, 10:02 AM   #3
dbiagioni
A Defias Bandit
I am running vista but I do not have 2 copies of the game installed. Doesn't NUI get installed like all other UI's

09-21-09, 10:21 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
nUI gets installed just like any addon (since it's not a compilation of various mods, but rather just one large addon). The contents of its .zip file get put in the Interface\AddOns folder.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-21-09, 10:31 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
To know if it is in the right folder you should have the following :

Folder : World of Warcraft / Interface / AddOns / nUI /

Files in that folder should be at least :
nui.lua
nui.toc

If that is not the case then that is the cause. Check your Addons folder and tell us what folders you have in there. I am sure knowing that we will be able to see where things are going wrong.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

09-21-09, 10:36 AM   #6
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Ill try to give it to you in layamn turms

1st) Right Click the nUI+ zip file click extract all, then a window will pop up with a button at the bottum to extract click it.

2nd) Open nUI+ folder and make sure there is not another folder inside the says nUI+.

3rd) Copy Folder to World of Warcraft\\Interface\\AddOns. (Notice I did not put where on your PC the folder is because people move them around and install the iin other places.

4th) Launch WoW, on Charactor screen make sure the AddOns button is in the lower corner of your screen.

Now your set. Hope this Helps

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Installation