05-07-13, 09:54 AM   #1
Malsomnus
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Raidminder

So after ~18 minutes of the raid leader trying to set up assignments for the Lei Shen fight, which kept getting messed up due to a mix of senility and indecisiveness, I realized that an add-on was required.
And so Raidminder was born!

The point is simple: plenty of fights require some raid assignments. Some of them may only be relevant 5 minutes into the fight (late phases in long fights), some of them may conflict with previous assignments (Lei Shen positions have to change a bit on second transition), sometimes in a progress run the assignments change every few minutes as you get a better idea of the fight, sometimes you're just having a very slow progress run and you wipe for a solid half hour until the relevant phase even comes up. People forget their assignments; that's natural, understandable, and very human.
Raidminder simply gives a raid leader (and assistants) somewhere to write those assignments. You get room for a few short notes for each raid member, and whatever you write there will also appear on a conveniently movable frame for that raider. As a convenient bonus, you can also move the frames around so you can plan the fight tactics a bit more visually (why settle for just writing "north conduit" on a few scattered frames, when you can just grab those frames and group them up at the top of your screen?).

The add-on is available right here, and is very much in need of some feedback! I'd love to hear what people like or dislike in it, and what other features they'd like to see added
05-14-13, 11:20 AM   #2
Malsomnus
A Cobalt Mageweaver
TBH, I'm disappointed at the lack of feedback :/
05-14-13, 12:56 PM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You have 150+ downloads in a fairly short amount of time, that's plenty of feedback

No comments means addon is working as advertised.
05-14-13, 02:27 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
You have 150+ downloads in a fairly short amount of time, that's plenty of feedback

No comments means addon is working as advertised.
Agreed.
05-16-13, 03:01 AM   #5
Malsomnus
A Cobalt Mageweaver
But... but... Atlasloot has so many more downloads!

Kidding, of course, thanks for being reassuring :P
But what worries me is that maybe people just download it because it's on Recently Updated and why not, then decide immediately that it sucks/ is useless/ is full of bugs, so they delete it and move on with their lives and I never know what needs to be fixed.
05-16-13, 02:53 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you getting bugs with it?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-16-13, 05:01 PM   #7
Malsomnus
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I did get the occasional odd error on login, actually. I think I finally fixed them all in today's version, but they're so rare in the first place that it's hard to be sure.
05-26-13, 09:54 AM   #8
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Downloading, will report back and let you know what happens

Any chance of getting this on Curse too? I dont always check forums for updates so the Curse Client is awesome for letting me know that my addon is out of date :P

If your not interested in the work of keeping it up on Curse, give me a shout, I dont mine dealing with that side for you
05-26-13, 10:35 AM   #9
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Twink View Post
Downloading, will report back and let you know what happens

Any chance of getting this on Curse too? I dont always check forums for updates so the Curse Client is awesome for letting me know that my addon is out of date :P

If your not interested in the work of keeping it up on Curse, give me a shout, I dont mine dealing with that side for you
You already have a wowinterface login, so all you have to do is mark it as a favorite and you get a notification in the upper right of the wowinterface page when there's an update (would be nice to get email notifications in the future as well me thinks).
05-27-13, 12:18 AM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
would be nice to get email notifications in the future as well me thinks
You can already get email notification for updates to your favorite addons. On your favorites list, click the "Preferences" link in the left sidebar, then set "Email Notification" at the top to "yes".

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Raidminder