01-14-13, 07:32 PM   #1
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Coordintes missing

Mouse-over Coordinates are no longer visible in the 5.11 release as well as 5.102 which I just installed.
Not sure what changed but I've always relied on them & I can't find a setting that re-enables this
I waited till the new version just to make sure, but the last time I had them was in the 5.103Beta

01-14-13, 09:51 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm running 5.102 and my mouse-over coordinates are appearing on my map. I may be just over sleepy, but I can't locate the setting for it.

01-14-13, 11:14 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try disabling all of your other addons, and test with only Carbonite enabled. If it functions correctly, there is most likely another addon interfering with Carbonite.

I know that most people don't like to disable all of their addons to test just Carbonite, but there is a way to not have to do that and still be able to test with only Carbonite enabled.

Completely exit WoW back to your desktop, then rename both your "Interface" and "WTF" folders. Nothing fancy, just adding an underscore (shift + -) after the name works for me. Then start WoW and log on to your account. Sign into a character if you wish, but then exit the game completely back to your desktop. Now, install Carbonite to your new "Interface\AddOns\" folder. Start WoW back up, and see if Carbonite still works incorrectly.

To get your addons back, just rename, or delete them if you want, the current "Interface" and "WTF" folders (maybe add a "=" after the names) and then rename the original folders back to their original names.

I have this set up in my WoW install for just this reason. If WoW (or an addon) starts acting oddly, it's just easier than disabling and re-enabling over a hundred addons on a character to see if it is a game or addon issue.

By-the-way, you can keep the new folders "pristine" by going into the "\Interface\AddOns\" folder and deleting the Carbonite folders, then going to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and deleting the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. If you really want to keep it default, you can also go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\ServerName\CharacterName\SavedVariables\" folder for the character you used to test with, and delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files there. Those files only contain the flight points known by that character, though, and iirc they are built (after deletion, at least) the first time that character visits a Flight Master. It certainly can't hurt to check and delete them if they are there, though.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-15-13, 09:39 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I have this set up in my WoW install for just this reason. If WoW (or an addon) starts acting oddly, it's just easier than disabling and re-enabling over a hundred addons on a character to see if it is a game or addon issue.
Or you could install Addon Control Panel.

01-15-13, 10:06 AM   #5
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

I have a similar setup to Jeffy... Except I don't backup my profiles.

The addon control panel only disables the addons and you can still get conflicts. For example, Tom Tom can be called on by carbonite even if Tom Tom is disabled..

01-15-13, 01:36 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post

The addon control panel only disables the addons and you can still get conflicts. For example, Tom Tom can be called on by carbonite even if Tom Tom is disabled..
Yes, because they can still load into memory.

The only precise way to troubleshoot would be to rename both the Interface and WTF folders, create a new Interface/Addon folder and dump a freshly downloaded copy of Carbonite in there and start up the game.

01-15-13, 02:16 PM   #7
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Re: Coordinates

Carbonite in it's default settings has them lol
Now I get to figure out if it was something I accidentally clicked on while I was talking a friend through his first Carbonite Setup or if it's one of the 90 or so addons & plugins I use Actually hoping it's me as I don't really want to rebuild all of my settings in them & I have spasms/twitches in my fingers occasionally.
thank you for the helpful replies

@Petrah your Screenshot was really helpful as what was missing is the floating mouseover box as well as the black Box overlay on the Map, just below the top border, that shows:
Eastern Kingdoms, Stormwind City (City)
62.1, 30.5 1yds

Last edited by Catitude : 01-15-13 at 02:27 PM.

01-15-13, 02:51 PM   #8
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Yay I got it!!!

I found the setting and it was me lol
Options > Map > Location Tip Anchor was set to none

01-15-13, 03:07 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Catitude View Post
I found the setting and it was me lol
Options > Map > Location Tip Anchor was set to none

w00t, glad you got it all sussed out!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Coordintes missing