04-28-09, 06:44 AM   #241
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...html#changelog :)

04-28-09, 07:05 AM   #242
Shestak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Will continue to support frames in the arena?
Though simple: health/mana/cast-bars, health/mana value and icon/portrait class.

We are grateful for your reply.

04-28-09, 07:11 AM   #243
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Ah, that's true. Blizzard actually added arena frames in 3.1. I'll see if I have time to release another version which fixes that later today.

This is really a great example on why people should post bug reports/feature requests. They won't really be forgotten that way.

05-06-09, 05:22 AM   #244
gelukelu
A Defias Bandit
Feature request: totems frame

In my quest to remove not-so-useful and resource-intensive addons i stumbled upon oUF and all i can say is that it's great. I'm using the oUF_Jabar layout and started to tinker with it.

I play a shaman and really don't want to add yet-another totem addon. Right now i'm using the default TotemFrame, just moved the position from top-left to above the player unitframe:

TotemFrame:SetParent(UIParent);
TotemFrame:ClearAllPoints();
TotemFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent, "CENTER", -202, -159);

I was wondering if it would make sense to code a Totem element to oUF or it will be just a waste of time and will bloat the oUF code. What do you say?

05-06-09, 05:31 AM   #245
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
I won't be adding elements for totems and runes into the oUF core at least. The reason for this is because there already are tons of add-ons doing a great job at improving this, and in most cases people will only want to move the default icons into a new position.

I believe it's better to leave it to an add-on doing a proper job, but that shouldn't prevent you from doing what you want in your layout.

05-10-09, 09:20 PM   #246
Cathmor
A Defias Bandit
Question, been trying to add a small dot for afk status, just like the combat one. Can you tell me why this doesn't work in status.lua:

http://wowuidev.pastey.net/113989

The prints are for debug'ing, the event only gets fired on ENTER_WORLD, it doesn't fire at /afk, /dnd events. In the layout I am using under the self.Combat part, i have self.AFK, if i remove the code from status.lua the little dot shows, but obviously i can't change it's state.

05-11-09, 04:31 AM   #247
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Add it to your layout.

But use the dot symbol from ASCII, that's how I did it. Help me remember to post that part of my layout. (Or look at p3lim's layout and modify it)

05-11-09, 06:37 AM   #248
Cathmor
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by MoonWitch View Post
Add it to your layout.

But use the dot symbol from ASCII, that's how I did it. Help me remember to post that part of my layout. (Or look at p3lim's layout and modify it)
Add what to my layout? Yea if you could post your code for it in patsey and post the link I would appreciate it.

05-24-09, 02:58 PM   #249
wagglesmurfsignup
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by haste View Post
Ah, that's true. Blizzard actually added arena frames in 3.1. I'll see if I have time to release another version which fixes that later today.

This is really a great example on why people should post bug reports/feature requests. They won't really be forgotten that way.
Was this implemented? I searched the changelog page but didn't see anything relevant to this. oUF is fantastic, just waiting for arena frame support!

05-24-09, 03:40 PM   #250
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by wagglesmurfsignup View Post
Was this implemented? I searched the changelog page but didn't see anything relevant to this. oUF is fantastic, just waiting for arena frame support!
There has always been arena frame support. It's just up to the layout to actually spawn the units. oUF also doesn't need to disable these frames as the user can do it themselves in the interface options.

05-24-09, 03:55 PM   #251
wagglesmurfsignup
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by haste View Post
There has always been arena frame support. It's just up to the layout to actually spawn the units. oUF also doesn't need to disable these frames as the user can do it themselves in the interface options.
Thanks for the quick and informative reply! I've been wondering, is there a guide to coding with oUF, such as how to spawn and edit different frames, etc. I've only done some light modification of oUF_P3lim and oUF_coree, and I'm using the modified version of the latter as my main unitframe mod. All I'm looking for now is to add in arena frames.

05-31-09, 03:35 PM   #252
stako
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Is it possible to set a tag for hp/power to have frequentUpdates now? If so, how do I do it?

05-31-09, 04:38 PM   #253
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by stako View Post
Is it possible to set a tag for hp/power to have frequentUpdates now? If so, how do I do it?
just do .frequentUpdates = <time> on the tag. Right now it will be activated across all tags, but the next release will do it per tag only.

06-06-09, 04:24 AM   #254
jyuny1
A Kobold Labourer
hi all, I just add a element for oUF to set Raid Assistant icons on my oUF_Freebgrid
here is my assistant.lua, just a simple modification from leader.lua
http://opensvn.csie.org/kevinblue/wow/oUF/assistant.lua

to use assistant.lua, just embeding same code as leader.lua do
for example:

Code:
  self.Assistant = self.Health:CreateTexture(nil, "OVERLAY")
    self.Assistant:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", self, -5, 8)
    self.Assistant:SetHeight(16)
    self.Assistant:SetWidth(16)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	assistant.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	2831  

Last edited by jyuny1 : 06-06-09 at 01:49 PM.

06-16-09, 07:21 PM   #255
arnath_vp
A Murloc Raider
Does anybody know if oUF_PowerSpark and oUF_HealComm still work at all?

06-22-09, 09:00 PM   #256
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by arnath_vp View Post
Does anybody know if oUF_PowerSpark and oUF_HealComm still work at all?
of course they do, what makes you think they don't?

07-03-09, 12:45 AM   #257
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'm thinking of switching from Pitbull to oUF. What should I know before making a decision?

07-03-09, 03:06 AM   #258
zcf45136
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you very much!

07-03-09, 03:18 AM   #259
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Psychophan7 View Post
I'm thinking of switching from Pitbull to oUF. What should I know before making a decision?
The only thing would probably be that oUF requires a slight amount more personal effort, as most layouts don't provide you with any configurations. There also isn't too much beginner "support" for oUF, as the target audience really is authors.

07-03-09, 03:21 AM   #260
Freebaser
A Molten Kobold Bandit

Originally Posted by Psychophan7 View Post
Are you willing to get you hands dirty with lua and stalk this forum will all your free time?

Originally Posted by zcf45136 View Post
Thank you very much!
Your welcome!

pst.... what are you thanking? I'll take credit regardless

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF - General discussion