A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by baitzer
Originally Posted by daeger
/cast Bloodlust
/doafter Bloodlust:success:/dance

Chat outputs Bloodlust:/dance

???

Edit: I think this may be a new Macaroon Extensions bug, I don't know much about Lua coding but if I had to guess it stems from lines 1522 and 1523. If anyone can help please post!
I'm having the exact same issue

Lines 1522 &1523:
Code:
		button.flyoutDock:SetScale(button.scale or button:GetScale())
		button.flyoutDock.config.buttonList.homestate = list
That's only with flyouts has nothing to do with doafters.

However, have you tried using lower case only?

/cast Bloodlust
/doafter bloodlust:success:/dance

I knoe there was some issues with that in the past.
If that doesn't work either there might be something wrong witht the doafter command, perhaps Blizz decided to strangle it.

12-30-10, 10:28 PM   #402
Mykolas
A Murloc Raider
dual spec

I just tried dual-spec today and encountered the 'blank bars' issue, even though I was not wanting to use multiple Macaroon profiles. Tried loading my old bar setup on the new spec, and that did not work either.

Is the solution to add everything back manually?

01-02-11, 09:02 PM   #403
LuchidorDrixon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by delvirtud View Post
Would this same concept work for DK's Dark Simulacrum? Just curious. I am not where I can test it atm.
/ty
I didn't see any answers to your post, but yes, I changed the button to an action id, dropped Dark Simulacrum in there and walla, it worked.

01-05-11, 02:58 AM   #404
The_GoldFish
A Kobold Labourer
CPU Spikes when some abilities are used

Hi,

I've started playing wow again on a fairly low end machine, and generally speaking Macaroon still runs perfectly on it. However, I've been playing a protection paladin and recently dinged 49 and have been suffering an issue. With some experimentation, I've discovered that, whenever I use Shield of the Righteous and gain or lose the Holy Shield buff (acquired due to talent etc), macaroon seems to suffer a large CPU spike (and an increase in memory usage), dropping my frame rate from 35ish to around 2 - everything slows to a standstill once when the buff is removed, and again when it is applied. If I don't gain the buff due to eg the ability being parried, then no slowdown occurs, but if I click the buff off, or it expires naturally, then the cpu usage does spike observably occur.

This seems to occur almost 100% of the time specifically for this ability (of those I have access to at level 50), regardless of the bar setup - even using the base blizzard bar, loading macaroon as the only addon, disabling everything macaroon has check boxes for and having 0 bars and buttons in macaroon. This suggests to me that some feature of macaroon is perhaps getting upset by at least this buff, and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to disable that feature or really diagnose any further.

(naturally, this is with 40000.2.1, and occurs with literally only macaroon enabled and none of its extras or any other addon. I also tried reverting to 40000.1.11 and had the same experience - disabling mac removes the issue entirely)

I appreciate that Mac is fairly CPU intensive, but this, to me, seems out of place.

01-10-11, 05:18 PM   #405
Crowfeather
A Fallenroot Satyr

The /in <wait time>:<unsecure command line> command doesn't seem to work anymore. Neither does the Ace3 build in command (or I couldn't figure out the right syntax).

01-16-11, 09:02 PM   #406
Rofel
A Murloc Raider
/doafter

Could I get an example of the /doafter code?

What i'm assuming it looks like is:
Code:
/doafter Counterspell:success:/lol
/cast Counterspell()
However with the above macro it simply /says Counterspell:success:/lol

How do I this command to work? It would be awesome to emote all my spells out lol

01-17-11, 06:07 AM   #407
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Rofel View Post
Could I get an example of the /doafter code?

What i'm assuming it looks like is:
Code:
/doafter Counterspell:success:/lol
/cast Counterspell()
However with the above macro it simply /says Counterspell:success:/lol

How do I this command to work? It would be awesome to emote all my spells out lol
Try with lower case
Code:
/doafter counterspell:success:/lol
/cast Counterspell()

01-17-11, 02:51 PM   #408
Rofel
A Murloc Raider
/doafter

Thanks, i've converted all my /doafter commands to lower case letters and they look like they're working.

Now, how does the data index code look for a damage command?
Code:
/doafter arcane blast:damage:critical:/smirk
/cast Arcane Blast()
?

01-18-11, 11:07 PM   #409
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showpost.php?p=123669&postcount=6

01-20-11, 04:51 AM   #410
Rofel
A Murloc Raider
Is there perhaps another more in depth article on that slash command? Or a place or forum where it's been possibly discussed?

It was that article that brought me here xD

01-22-11, 05:36 AM   #411
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

No idea, tried WoWWiki?

01-23-11, 05:44 AM   #412
DezSP
A Murloc Raider
Is there an ETA on the dual spec bug ever getting fixed? It's getting really annoying having to relog whenever I switch spec on my character, because the action bars refuse to load properly every single time. As much as I love Macaroon, this is a crippling bug, one which I hoped would've taken slightly less than two months to fix.

Please, please, please get a fix in for this soon? I might even buy you a coke!

01-24-11, 05:15 PM   #413
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

The thing about the profile switching and even bar switching on spec change problems is that:
1. not everyone has them
and
2. those that do have them have different types of problems with it.

Which makes no real sense to a programmer. Either everyone should have the same problem or none should have the problem at all if it has to do with the code.

I think it has to do with factors at the end user.
If they've gotten disconnected after altering anything and not gotten to save it yet.
If they've any other mods that are interfering.
If they've still some old Macaroon modules installed or their saved vars.

I haven't had any problems with my bar change on spec change.. until I got disconnected after having altered something and not saved it properly.

I have checked profileswaping on one of my characters and it worked fine then. Not something I need to use as each of my characters has the same bar layout in any spec.

I only get one single error message from Macaroon an that's on login and has only to do with the Macro Master that isn't fully programed into Macaroon yet. Nothing else.

So it does seem to me it is end user factors causing the problems.
I have even gotten Saved vars for users having problems e-mailed to me, loaded em in and they've worked just fine on my end.

01-26-11, 03:55 PM   #414
Rofel
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Alright i'll look around some more for my answers. I don't know if Wowwiki will have information on your Addon, but it's worth a shot I suppose

Thanks for the help!

01-28-11, 09:19 AM   #415
DezSP
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post
The thing about the profile switching and even bar switching on spec change problems is that:
1. not everyone has them
and
2. those that do have them have different types of problems with it.

Which makes no real sense to a programmer. Either everyone should have the same problem or none should have the problem at all if it has to do with the code.

I think it has to do with factors at the end user.
If they've gotten disconnected after altering anything and not gotten to save it yet.
If they've any other mods that are interfering.
If they've still some old Macaroon modules installed or their saved vars.

I haven't had any problems with my bar change on spec change.. until I got disconnected after having altered something and not saved it properly.

I have checked profileswaping on one of my characters and it worked fine then. Not something I need to use as each of my characters has the same bar layout in any spec.

I only get one single error message from Macaroon an that's on login and has only to do with the Macro Master that isn't fully programed into Macaroon yet. Nothing else.

So it does seem to me it is end user factors causing the problems.
I have even gotten Saved vars for users having problems e-mailed to me, loaded em in and they've worked just fine on my end.
I understand where you're coming from. I develop websites, so I know how frustrating some bugs can be. But I opened a ticket about this issue months ago, so if the problem is a lack of information about the issue, why was there never a reply asking for more details? You'll never fix a bug by sweeping it under the carpet.

Anyway. After some playing about, I found what my trouble was at least. Dual Spec, it seems, is not just a profile thing. Bars can be Dual Spec too. As far as I can tell, the entire purpose of this bar feature is to prevent the bar from working properly. Nothing I do with it on seems to stick properly when changing spec, and all it does is confuse matters when loading profiles. After disabling this option on all my action bars on all my profiles (which took AGES), I've come to notice that the option to turn it back on has completely vanished from the list. Oh, and like a lot of new options in v4, it's not changeable via the command-line either.

Confusing or what? Perhaps this is a relic from having the profiles from an older version, or some other kind of trickery. Whatever it is, clearly there is some sort of compatibility issue going on, and my symptoms are not necessarily the be-all and end-all of the problem. Good luck.

01-28-11, 11:07 AM   #416
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by DezSP View Post
I understand where you're coming from. I develop websites, so I know how frustrating some bugs can be. But I opened a ticket about this issue months ago, so if the problem is a lack of information about the issue, why was there never a reply asking for more details? You'll never fix a bug by sweeping it under the carpet.

Anyway. After some playing about, I found what my trouble was at least. Dual Spec, it seems, is not just a profile thing. Bars can be Dual Spec too. As far as I can tell, the entire purpose of this bar feature is to prevent the bar from working properly. Nothing I do with it on seems to stick properly when changing spec, and all it does is confuse matters when loading profiles. After disabling this option on all my action bars on all my profiles (which took AGES), I've come to notice that the option to turn it back on has completely vanished from the list. Oh, and like a lot of new options in v4, it's not changeable via the command-line either.

Confusing or what? Perhaps this is a relic from having the profiles from an older version, or some other kind of trickery. Whatever it is, clearly there is some sort of compatibility issue going on, and my symptoms are not necessarily the be-all and end-all of the problem. Good luck.

OK. Now that did svtually tell me something.
The thing with the dualspec option per bar should only be editable when profikeswaoing is not checked. That is to say, you should only be able to have one of them turned on.

If you actually were able to see your bars dualspec being turned on while having profile swaping checked there either is a bug in the code of Macaroon or it was an old setting in one of thr saved vars.
Both dualspec options should be disabled as default but perhaps enabeling the bar option doesn't disable the option for profile swaping which in turn when enabled as well doesnt turn the bar option to false.
Having both options turned on at the same time would cause some trouble I imagine.

01-28-11, 04:45 PM   #417
DezSP
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post

OK. Now that did svtually tell me something.
The thing with the dualspec option per bar should only be editable when profikeswaoing is not checked. That is to say, you should only be able to have one of them turned on.

If you actually were able to see your bars dualspec being turned on while having profile swaping checked there either is a bug in the code of Macaroon or it was an old setting in one of thr saved vars.
Both dualspec options should be disabled as default but perhaps enabeling the bar option doesn't disable the option for profile swaping which in turn when enabled as well doesnt turn the bar option to false.
Having both options turned on at the same time would cause some trouble I imagine.
You're right, the Dual Spec option does only appear when I turn off profile switching. It would seem that it is still on regardless, unless I turn off profile switching, then turn off dual spec on my bars, then turn profile switching back on again (>_>). Not sure if dual spec will behave nicely with profile switching off, I'll leave that test up to you.

Edit: Extra note: I noticed that dual spec only seems to be on for older bars, not the ones I've most recently created. So this could possibly be a relic from an earlier version of Macaroon. Tad annoying, all the same. Really doubles the meaning of undocumented feature.

Last edited by DezSP : 01-28-11 at 04:47 PM.

01-29-11, 01:48 PM   #418
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by DezSP View Post
You're right, the Dual Spec option does only appear when I turn off profile switching. It would seem that it is still on regardless, unless I turn off profile switching, then turn off dual spec on my bars, then turn profile switching back on again (>_>). Not sure if dual spec will behave nicely with profile switching off, I'll leave that test up to you.

Edit: Extra note: I noticed that dual spec only seems to be on for older bars, not the ones I've most recently created. So this could possibly be a relic from an earlier version of Macaroon. Tad annoying, all the same. Really doubles the meaning of undocumented feature.

I am actually not using the profile swap as My characters all have the same bar setup based on class and not on spec.
So I do use the bar specific dualspec feature and I have had only one error with it so far and that was when I had edited it and swaped spec and loged out all without saving, which ended up making both specs have resto abilities programmed into the bar. Luckily as I have the same bar setup and basically the same abilities in either spec. (shammy resto/elemental) it was a quick fix.

01-31-11, 04:41 AM   #419
sucellus
A Murloc Raider
Linked Bar stance binds

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem with linked bar keybinds, basically it doesn't seem to use keybinds from the currently active bar based on stance, instead always using one particular stance keybind even when not in that form.

To reproduce:

Bar Config:
Create a new bar, "Driver Main", enable stance
Create a new bar, "Cat Workhorse", add 1 button (macro type, casting rake), Link to Driver Main -> Cat
Create a new bar, "Normal Workhorse", add 1 button (macro type, casting regrowth), Link to Driver Main -> Normal

Great, that works perfectly. Cat Workhorse appears when in Cat form, Normal Workhorse in non-shapechanged form. As you'd expect, neither bar appears in other forms, e.g. tree of life, or flight form.

Now, I assumed that I could now apply the same keybind to the two buttons I have created as they are not in use at the same time. It doesn't allow me to put "1" as the bind on both buttons as it removes it from the other button when I do so. To counter this I tried putting it on one, locking it, then putting it on the other. This works, I end up with:

Rake: 1 Locked
Regrowth: 1

This is where the problem appears. In normal form, the regrowth button is displayed. I press 1, regrowth is cast. If I switch to cat form, I get broken out of cat form into normal form and regrowth is cast. I was expecting that the binds for bars which are currently active would take precedence.

Effectively, I don't understand how to bind rake and regrowth to the same key for use in different forms if I'm using linked bars.

I've tried using Priority on one of the buttons, but it just means that the keybind is always rake, or always regrowth. It doesn't change based on form.

Obviously it works perfectly if I don't use linked bars as the bar only has 1 set of keybinds, but as I want to have a Ctrl modifier on each of the form specific bars (i.e. cat normal + cat control, bear normal + bear control, etc) that's not really an option.

Thanks a lot for any help.

01-31-11, 08:42 AM   #420
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by sucellus View Post
Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem with linked bar keybinds, basically it doesn't seem to use keybinds from the currently active bar based on stance, instead always using one particular stance keybind even when not in that form.

To reproduce:

Bar Config:
Create a new bar, "Driver Main", enable stance
Create a new bar, "Cat Workhorse", add 1 button (macro type, casting rake), Link to Driver Main -> Cat
Create a new bar, "Normal Workhorse", add 1 button (macro type, casting regrowth), Link to Driver Main -> Normal

Great, that works perfectly. Cat Workhorse appears when in Cat form, Normal Workhorse in non-shapechanged form. As you'd expect, neither bar appears in other forms, e.g. tree of life, or flight form.

Now, I assumed that I could now apply the same keybind to the two buttons I have created as they are not in use at the same time. It doesn't allow me to put "1" as the bind on both buttons as it removes it from the other button when I do so. To counter this I tried putting it on one, locking it, then putting it on the other. This works, I end up with:

Rake: 1 Locked
Regrowth: 1

This is where the problem appears. In normal form, the regrowth button is displayed. I press 1, regrowth is cast. If I switch to cat form, I get broken out of cat form into normal form and regrowth is cast. I was expecting that the binds for bars which are currently active would take precedence.

Effectively, I don't understand how to bind rake and regrowth to the same key for use in different forms if I'm using linked bars.

I've tried using Priority on one of the buttons, but it just means that the keybind is always rake, or always regrowth. It doesn't change based on form.

Obviously it works perfectly if I don't use linked bars as the bar only has 1 set of keybinds, but as I want to have a Ctrl modifier on each of the form specific bars (i.e. cat normal + cat control, bear normal + bear control, etc) that's not really an option.

Thanks a lot for any help.
Noted and confirmed. I don't think I can fix this though but I will try.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread