05-31-07, 08:41 AM   #1
jfalcon
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CT_RABossMod Update by a Fan

Having been may weeks without CT_RABossMod update for Karazhan and having been very annoyed with no knowing who is being afflicted with things like holy fire and grrote, i have decided to update this myself. I am following all standards set for by the other CT_RABossMod files.

I am going to be doing some testing in our run tonight for Moroes and Maiden. I would like to submit these files to the CTmod dev team for their review and inclusion in all future releases.

Cide, or others, could you please let me know the most appropriate way of doing this

I was onced told, if you don't like it, do something about it. I know you are all extreamly busy and have real lives. I hope you will accept this assistance.
05-31-07, 09:20 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It was just updated 1 week and 1 day ago for 2.1... http://www.ctmod.net/downloads/
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-31-07, 10:44 AM   #3
jfalcon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah
It was just updated 1 week and 1 day ago for 2.1... http://www.ctmod.net/downloads/

While there was a update that was applied 1 week and 1 day ago for 2.1. The CT_RABossMod does not include updated information for Karazhan. I just went back and verified that is is stilll not there now. (As in right before i posted his message) I beleive that this update was just to the TOC so that the correct version number was used in the mod.

you can see for yourself if you like by going to the CT_RABossMods/Mods directory and looking for a file called Karazhan.lua and Kharazhan.localization.lua. I am quit sure that you will find them absent.

Last edited by jfalcon : 05-31-07 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling
05-31-07, 11:34 AM   #4
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I would be curious in seeing this in action. I do so enjoy the boss mods with the various message and timers and such, and having them for Karahzan would be sweet indeed.

I don't know if any of them out there really deal with Karahzan all that effectively yet, tbh.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
05-31-07, 11:46 AM   #5
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
BigWigs has many very well defined timers for Kara and beyond.
05-31-07, 12:32 PM   #6
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
So do other mods like DeadlyBossMods, but this is a nice update for CTMod since the CT developers have apparently really cut back on all public work on their mods. CTMod has shifted from being the best raid mod suite available, to being nice to have but rather out of date, yet many raiders and guilds still use it. Thanks for adding some Karazhan boss mods and keep the community posted!
05-31-07, 12:36 PM   #7
jfalcon
A Murloc Raider
CT_RABossMods is desinged to respond to specific events for each boss. Each one has to be coded individually. I am currently working on notifications for Moroes and the Maiden of Virture. Moroes, Grotte and the Maidens Holy fire are the first i am working on. this is not a timer and again... i am not looking for other mods, i am looking to fix the ones i have. They are good they just need a bit of updating.

My hope is to be able to do a message like "*** XPlayer HAS GROTTE ***" and "*** XPlayer HAS HOLY FIRE ***"

This should be possible assuming that the two abilities use the event, CHAT_MSG_SPELL_PERIODIC_HOSTILEPLAYER_DAMAGE

I will need to get a kara run together to verify that this is the case.
05-31-07, 12:38 PM   #8
jfalcon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Geboran
I would be curious in seeing this in action. I do so enjoy the boss mods with the various message and timers and such, and having them for Karahzan would be sweet indeed.

I don't know if any of them out there really deal with Karahzan all that effectively yet, tbh.

Hopefully it will be. I am sure i will be able to get them working, the format is pretty simple however i am very concerned about distributing them. The changes i am making need to be added into the CTRA bundles and i have been very unsuccessful at getting the CTMod Devs attention so far.
06-04-07, 09:30 AM   #9
jfalcon
A Murloc Raider
working for kara...

so i beleive i have everything working for the first moroes and maiden bosses of kara. I just need to test them this week, once our isntance resets. Let me tell you this one week thing makes testing very difficult.

Anyway... anyone who knows Cide or TS from CTMod would you please ask them to come here and tell me how i can get this into their hands.
06-04-07, 10:05 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Haven't looked, but have you tried the CT forums? http://www.ctmod.net/

/edit: meh, I just looked and it seems you did
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-04-07, 02:10 PM   #11
jfalcon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah
Haven't looked, but have you tried the CT forums? http://www.ctmod.net/

/edit: meh, I just looked and it seems you did
i have looked everywhere. I think they may have been abducted by aliens who are performing horrible exparaments on them.
06-04-07, 02:45 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I think that could be said of a few authors at times... Maybe they're just taking a vacation.

06-05-07, 08:39 AM   #13
jfalcon
A Murloc Raider
i hear ya... just frustrating when you have things working and want to get them out. No distribution model makes any sort of sense except giving it to them to include.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CT_RABossMod Update by a Fan