A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Any chance you have a working beta?
05-28-13, 12:12 AM   #102
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by fRodzet View Post
Heall yeah new keyboard and mouse arrives today, once i get them i should be able to set up some macros that can do the most of the work for me

Razer DeathStalker Ultimate and Roccat Kone XTD

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...alker-ultimate
http://www.roccat.org/Products/

fack yeah!
Y U NO get razer mouse too?
05-28-13, 10:37 AM   #103
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by kaels View Post
Any chance you have a working beta?
Very soon in 1-2 days i think i'll be ready to release an Alpha version
05-28-13, 10:37 AM   #104
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
Y U NO get razer mouse too?
Wanted to try something different so went Roccat
06-14-13, 08:13 PM   #105
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Status updates? Just curious!
06-15-13, 12:14 PM   #106
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Status updates? Just curious!
Oh my god, i forgot all updating some status, worked damn hard to write all the snippets. Do you guys know how long it takes to write each WoW API as a snippet file, giving em multiple options and adding tab stops to each? That being said i'm actually - no **** this time.. Almost done.

The problem was the following:

Snippets only triggers when the first letter matches one of the completions. That causes API's which uses word seperators to not work properly. For example this widget:

GameTooltip:SetOwner

The completion dropdownlist will appear as soon as G is pressed, however when seperating the words with : and typing S nothing appears, this is because sublime text recognizes this as one word but still seperates it. This forced me to take a deep look into how i could possible bypass this without having to work too much around with python(i don't understand python at all) and xml. So i thought that adding some special characters to define when a API is actually returning the return values and widgets - and now i figured that out. Done with everything in the Function API's section @ WoWProgramming.com aswell as added all events and about 300 Widgets.

In order for the special character definer to work i had to duplicate every snippet, which means i have added approximately 3600 snippets from the Functions API page even tho its only around 1800 it required everything to be typed twice in order to work properly.

i'll upload a Video tonight or tomorrow
06-15-13, 03:28 PM   #107
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by fRodzet View Post
i'll upload a Video tonight or tomorrow
Let there be dancing bananas!

I am very impressed by the sheer amount of hard work this project requires, and that you are still moving forward. Please do not be discouraged, but this is exactly why so many projects of this nature ultimately get abandoned.

Still,
06-15-13, 03:40 PM   #108
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
How it works like so far - watch the video below:

Click Here: Sublime Text 2 - Create WoW AddOns with the speed of light!

Won't show its effect properly as i don't really have an AddOn to work with, however this will give you an idea of how it works. This version of the Package has an expected release date the day after tomorrow actually. This version does not include:

Syntax Highlighting - supported in next version.
Specific Widget information like: GameTooltip:SetOwner - but will instead be as follow _SetOwner, press tab and returns: w/e = Object:SetOwner(w/e). I found a fix for this but is a longer task - next version supports this.
All completions - It only completes the following: Widget Handlers, Function APIs, Widget APIs, Events and a few data types. - Next version will include everything, such as: NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS, ANCHOR_CURSOR, etc.
And bunch more..

Stay Sexy!
06-15-13, 03:51 PM   #109
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Please do not be discouraged, but this is exactly why so many projects of this nature ultimately get abandoned.
True dat iz, but i'd rather kill a bonfire with my face than giving up on this

Last edited by fRodzet : 06-15-13 at 04:12 PM.
06-17-13, 02:06 AM   #110
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just don't.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
06-17-13, 06:09 AM   #111
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Just don't.
Don't what? Give up or put out a bonfire with my face?
06-17-13, 11:52 AM   #112
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Don't give up, but make sure you post a video of that other thing .

Edited for clarity.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 06-17-13 at 05:41 PM.
06-17-13, 03:15 PM   #113
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Allmost done with Widget Handlers, take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_zP-...ature=youtu.be

Remember to watch any of my videos put it @ 720/1080p, else its "unreadable".

Song: Sub Focus - Rock it
06-18-13, 02:44 AM   #114
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Now working on syntax highlighting. I prefer a dark color scheme with med-light language colors, however i'm willing to make both a light and a dark scheme if you like. Maybe anyone have seen a beautiful color scheme we can "steal" from.

Post some ideas
06-18-13, 08:18 AM   #115
Rainrider
A Firelord
From the themes Sublime Text 2 comes with I actually only like Twilight as it is a dark theme and has in my opinion the best contrast between text and background without using bright colors. Apart from that it does not use pink What I miss there is coloring of custom function names (those the coder defines). Also, it would be nice if the wow api functions have a different nuance of the color used for lua library functions.
06-18-13, 09:34 AM   #116
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Rainrider View Post
From the themes Sublime Text 2 comes with I actually only like Twilight as it is a dark theme and has in my opinion the best contrast between text and background without using bright colors. Apart from that it does not use pink What I miss there is coloring of custom function names (those the coder defines). Also, it would be nice if the wow api functions have a different nuance of the color used for lua library functions.
There is coloring of custom functions @ sublime text. You'll just have to define it in your color scheme and then add it to your <syntax_name>.tmLanguage file.

But yes, twilight is one i like aswell - however pastels on dark is also kinda cool i think, but lacks at some highlights.
06-18-13, 09:47 AM   #117
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I used the default and other dark themes for a while but came to realize that for long hours sessions they tired my eyes, despite being aesthetically pleasing.

I ended up with iPlastic from the default bundle (the only improvement I'd make is have comments be a more nondescript color instead of light blue and free that color up for something else).

What I like about it is that the light background is pastel-y, not too bright but offers good enough contrast.
I found it quite easy on the eyes over long sessions.
06-18-13, 01:10 PM   #118
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I will create two color schemes, one light and one dark. And for each scheme i will add the proper syntax highlighting aswell as some snippets which can help you create, change or do what ever you like with your scheme. I have some colors i find beautyful and useful, while some people might think otherwise.

The reason for why i have to create completely new themes is because there are some default values to define the "behaviour and look" of a function - e.g: constant.numeric.lua

but since this "WoW Development"(as i think i might name it) package needs some special "keys" i don't think that the already given keys to sublime text would be for proper use. But lets see i might be wrong.

I'd like to apologize for saying that my package would be ready today, but i decided to complete it all(syntax highlighting, all completions, and what not) before i release it. This way i can also add it to github so that it can be accessed from the command pallette. This allows me to quick update and keep track of bug reports, syntax failures or misspells.

I really am done soon - give me a few more days guys!
06-19-13, 05:43 AM   #119
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
WoW Beauty - Chocolate:

06-21-13, 06:05 PM   #120
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Spent a day learning regular expressions.

Now i'm ready to make an extremely feature rich syntax highlighting.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Sublime Text 2 - WoW Package Project.