12-01-10, 03:50 PM   #1
Okoruum
A Murloc Raider
UI Profiles between characters

Having played both WoW and Warhammer Online, setting up my UI between several different characters is WoW is significantly harder that in Warhammer Online. Warhammer has an export UI function where any of your characters can export their UI with all addon, chat and info panel settings to a profile manager which can be shared with anyone and all of this can be done in game. This makes it very easy to create one profile and copy it across between characters. I find that with WoW UIs even if take the time to set up profiles for each addon I still have to manually copy chat settings and even some addon files to the new character.

Currently I am using nUI, Healbot, ArkInventory, Omen, Recount and Deadly Boss Mods. Can anyone suggest an easy way for me copy settings between characters or to set up the UI for a new character as just copying the WTF folder doesn't seem to work.
12-01-10, 09:29 PM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Add Reflux, get it set up - it's magical!
12-01-10, 10:41 PM   #3
Okoruum
A Murloc Raider
Using Reflux

I'm still unsure about how to use that addon so I'm a bit reluctant to try and set it up. Is there any good guides around on how to use it?
12-02-10, 03:37 AM   #4
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Well it is pretty straight forward I am not sure what you mean by you don't quite understand how to use the addon. When you install it, login and type /reflux and it will spam your chat pane with instructions on how to use it, I understand that it might look overwhelming in your chat pane but take your time and read what functions you have there and if you have any questions on them just ask away here or hell just experiment until you get it.

- Winston Churchill
12-02-10, 05:39 AM   #5
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I always thought Reflux was a pain in the rear to set up, and until just the other day, avoided it with my own personal UIs. Gave it a chance, and it's actually fairly easy to set up, and get working once you get the hang of it. If you don't want to manually switch the profiles with every character, I suggest picking up nibProfileLoader. It automatically sets a profile from Reflux the moment you log into a new character.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
12-02-10, 01:23 PM   #6
Okoruum
A Murloc Raider
Using Reflux

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try and set up reflux today at work and see how I go. Although I'm sure to have some more questions later on.
12-02-10, 01:31 PM   #7
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I'm a big fan of it, now that I've used it.

/reflux add SVName(from TOC file) - adds a non-Ace Profile addon to "emulated profiles" - I use this with StUF and a couple other addons

/reflux snapshot NewProfilename - makes a new profile, and copies current settings of all profiled (and emulated profile) addons to the new profile name

/reflux switch Profilename - switch all profiled (and emulated) addons to ProfileName (quick setup command )

those are the 3 commands I use the most.
12-02-10, 03:13 PM   #8
Okoruum
A Murloc Raider
Titan Panel and Reflux

Hey guys, I've gotten nUI, Ark, TipTac, Healbot, Recount, Omen and DBM to work with Reflux but am still having trouble getting Titan Panel to switch over when I use the command:
/reflux switch [profilename]

I have the following saved variables emulated with Reflux:
TitanSettings, TitanSkins, ServerTimeOffsets, ServerHourFormat

However, the Titan Panel stays default when the reflux switch commannd is used on a new character.

Does anyone have any suggestion how to address this, it's not really a big problem as it's just one addon and Titan Panel is easy enough to change over but I would prefer if everything was switched over with Reflux.
12-02-10, 06:49 PM   #9
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Try the command: /reflux save
It may help, I'm not ENTIRELY certain what that command does, but it has something to do with emulated profiles, from what I gather.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI Profiles between characters