09-13-13, 06:26 AM   #1
tyron1978
A Defias Bandit
Quest coverage on map missing?

Ok,

Since a few days ago, any quests that I am tracking through Carbonite are no longer acting like they were.

Before any quests which involved for example killing mobs, there would be an area on the map and mini map highlighted to show where to go to kill those mobs.

And instead of highlighting an area, the arrow now leads you to a point on the map (I assume in the center of where the quest area is).

Has this been changed in a recent update?

My son uses Carbonite too, and his is having the same problem (which is on another computer).

If I am missing something please let me know.

Many thanks

T

09-13-13, 06:42 AM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just a guess, but have you just transitioned from 85+ to pandaland? because that's when Carb starts using the WOW quest API and stops using the Carb internal quest database.

To help with this, make sure you have the "show quest POI" enabled in the magnifying glass menu..

Also, If you are using the current "release" version (you see Carbonite in the loading picture and not Carbonite II) you might want to upgrade to the alpha version.
There are numerous changes and fixes being done to the alpha, but the release version is no longer being developed.

09-13-13, 07:09 AM   #3
tyron1978
A Defias Bandit
Well not transitioned to 85. I have 3 level 90's. I will use the Beta version and see if that solves it. If not ill post on here.

Thanks

09-13-13, 07:13 AM   #4
tyron1978
A Defias Bandit
Ok, just updated to the Alpha version and all is good again!

Thanks

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest coverage on map missing?